Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            08-24-2006, 5:24 AM Reply   
Has anyone seen one of these, yet?

http://www.boardersparadise.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=BP&Category_Co de=A5f

It looks like the same outline that Stripes has and looks similar to the outline of Josh Sleigh's MOB board. I think that Shoreline was making some custom boards for folks that looked similar.

Anyone ever hear of a shaper called Hudson? Possibly in the Santa Cruz area?
Old     (wakesurfer54)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-24-2006, 6:23 PM Reply   
ya he is in the Santa cruz area. i heard they weren't shaping anymore. Thats what my first board was. mine is shaped differnt.
Old     (wakesurfer54)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-24-2006, 6:42 PM Reply   
heres my old board. i had to do a little portuguese engineering on the nose Upload
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-24-2006, 7:42 PM Reply   
The shaper called Hudson is Brett Hudson from Pacifica, CA. He is a sick shaper. He surfs even better - charges Mavs. Been doing it for a while now. His boards are sick. I grew up surfing with him.
Old     (cassetteboy777)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-24-2006, 9:31 PM Reply   
sleigh, master of boards
Old    surfdad            08-25-2006, 6:03 AM Reply   
Alan and Derek - thanks gentlemen. Either of you know how long he's been marketing board for behind the boat? I found his neptunes surfboard website but couldn't find anything but custom order forms.

Taco are you laughing at the acronym (MOB) or Sleigh's skills?
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-26-2006, 12:41 PM Reply   
It is actually a board that Greg Nelson aproched him and had custom shaped for our company (boarders paradise). He has been makeing them for just about a year. But he has been makeing them for greg personaly for I while I belive.
Old    surfdad            08-27-2006, 5:44 AM Reply   
Hey Erik, thanks for the input. Do you have any details on the boards? From what I can tell online there are three models - Fists, Fighter and Scar Face but there is no description - length, width, nose rocker, etc. OR, do you know if the Rocklin Store carries all three models?
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-27-2006, 8:13 PM Reply   
You can get ahold of Brent at:

Neptune Surfboards
1080 #B Palmetto
Pacifica, CA 94044
(650) 355 8281 (shop)

I have his cell - but can't give it to you with out his O.K.

Hope this helps. He's a real nice guy and will take care of any of your wakesurfing needs as well as any Mavrick Rhino Chassers you may need.
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-28-2006, 9:37 AM Reply   
Rocklin has them. They are all the same shape just diffrent graphics, check em out they are great carveing boards.
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-28-2006, 9:23 PM Reply   
Hey Jeff, I use to surf with Brent Hudson a bit when I lived in Pacifica and surfed few of his surfboards. He has skills.