Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 28, 2006

Old     (big_b)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-26-2006, 10:42 AM Reply   
i was thinking about installing LED lights somewhere on the boat. the recent LED threads got me interested. i have a few questions:

1)who carries LED lights and what kind/brand should i get?
2)where are good places to put them?
3)how much do they cost?

(post pics of your LED lights if possible)

thanks a lot
Old    brad_gill            01-26-2006, 10:44 AM Reply   
Dude just get them at walmart for $2.99
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-26-2006, 11:07 AM Reply   
Big B - Just give Clay a call at Sound Illusions, he can hook you up with the lights.

Here is their link
http://www.soundillusionsaudio.com/index.php
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-26-2006, 11:10 AM Reply   
Ok Ill take the bait.
You can get lights from.
www.wakespecialty.com (kris)
www.OwlLighting.com (paul)
www.superbrightleds.com (?)

#2 Where to put them. ???????? Thats up to you.
The way I do it is I power some LED's up and then start placing them in the diffrent aera's and see how the look, Then you know where is the best place to put them. Seeing where the light shines will help you place them in the aera that give you the best effect.

#3 The cost like everything vary's

For any one wanting to start a LED project, I suguest going with wake specialty's. They have a awesome wire harness called a SPYDER harness. I wish I would have discoverd this long ago. Here is a pic' of it. How it work's You connect it to your boat's lighting system with only 2 lead's Power and Ground. Hook up it to your stock lighting switch. The wire harness mounts in your boat completley seprate from your stock wireing. Each harness comes in 7 foot segment's each segment has power lead's that hang down to power the led's. Each 7 foot segment has a quick disconect so adding a 7 foot segment or individual Led's requires NO TOOLS. Depending on how long your boat is or how far you want the warness to wrap around your boat. 3 to 4 "7 foot" segments should wrap around most wake boat's. Just plug and play. Its LEDS for retard's LOL. The individual LED mount via doubble sided tape. So as soon as your finihed hooking into your stock system your done with cutting and spliceing. Its way easy. You could wire your whole boat in a few hrs.

Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-26-2006, 11:12 AM Reply   
Check out this website:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/mini_tubes.htm

I put mine in all the storage locations and under the gunnels. Mine are more for function but they do look pretty sweet. They are about the easiest thing you do yourself. Prices are very cheap as well. I did my whole boat for about 50 dollars.
Old     (burbanized)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-26-2006, 11:58 AM Reply   

try this place also, prices seem reasonable

http://autolumination.com/tubes.htm

Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-26-2006, 12:14 PM Reply   
wow that spydr kit is way cool, but unfortunately, too rich for my blood. $400 is a lot beer and gas. :-)

very cool though.
Old     (wakespecialty)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-26-2006, 9:24 PM Reply   
cool lights make beer taste better!
Old     (john_v96)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-26-2006, 10:23 PM Reply   
well i took grants advise and thank god i talk to him first. so i called kris and he took the time to explain how it all worked, i was on the phone for about an hour asking probably the stupidest questions ever but i had no clue on how it worked so after taking up so much of his time i bought the spyder harness. i just recived it today and had a light shinning in about ten min., it was so easy. like grant said you can use a open acc. button. one red power led to the swith and the black ground to your ground block which i had just under the dash and pluged in one light and hit the switch. that was it.
cant wait for tomarrow to fully install the whole harness,, thanks again to grant and to kris at www.wakespecialty.com for taken the time to listen to my questions, i will be placing an order very soon for some more lights kris. thanks again
johnny valera