Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 10, 2008

Old     (dereka)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-02-2008, 10:54 PM Reply   
Love my V210 but has always had troubles starting. She has never stranded me but finally starts after several battery draining attempts. It's an 2002 Sanger V210 with the Black Scorpion with about 170 hours. New plugs (gapped correctly) impeller, belt, oil filter etc. at proper intervals. Seems to be getting plenty of fuel (smells flooded after awhile) but has a hard time firing. When she does kick off, the engine is very slow getting to idle speed (about 500 rpm). After that Òits onÓ. Any suggestions about what may be going on would be great. Thanks for all your help in advance.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-02-2008, 11:09 PM Reply   
Hows the distributor cap & rotor look? Ever been replaced?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-03-2008, 9:00 AM Reply   
second the cap and rotor. maybe plugs wires while you're in there.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-03-2008, 9:12 AM Reply   
Sounds like a fuel issue. If it runs fine once started I doubt it is a spark problem as that would tend to show up under a load. If you are flooding open the throttle all the way, which is clear flood mode, and see if it it starts. The fuel filter should have been replaced, and the fuel pump pressure and more importantly volume needs to be tested. Current ramping the fuel pump is the best way, but few know how to do it or have the equipment.
Old     (drilldaddy78)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-03-2008, 9:19 AM Reply   
I have a 2003 V230 and have had the same problem. It only happens when we have been surfing or pulling new wakeboarders at low speeds. I started reving the motor a bit before shutting off the boat and the problem went away.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-03-2008, 10:11 AM Reply   
Stop being rediculous Sangers don't have problems. Nice try though.
Old     (drilldaddy78)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-03-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
Very few if any thats for sure. I love my boat and when I buy again it will be a sanger for sure. Ive been on several other boats and noticed that sangers are better in rough waters, handle better and all around more comfortable.
Old     (dereka)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-03-2008, 10:46 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the help. Looks like it's going to be a busy weekend with all the suggestions. I'll start with the things I can do then seek some professional help for the others. Have a great summer all!
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-03-2008, 11:40 AM Reply   
so it turns over fine but won't fire??

could be neutral safety switch is on the fritz, maybe the ecu is throwing a bad code then once the battery dies it resets itself??

You have fuel injection so it could be an electronics issue, if you smell fuel coming out the exhaust its a spark issue I would guess, Maybe take it to a mechanic and see if they can find a bad code that needds to be fixed or something

the low idle would indicate an electronics issue IMO, its controlled by the ecyu so isf that was OK why would it be normal for most of the time then 500 at other times?? fuel pressure also like Peter said maybe??

Wish they put Ford motors in sangers then I would never worry about mine :-) not that I really do anyways
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-03-2008, 10:39 PM Reply   
Definitley a fuel issue, have you checked fuel pressure? When was the last time the Fuel/Water seperator was changed?
Old     (beisbol20)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-04-2008, 12:46 AM Reply   
i know it sounds stupid, but my cousin just bought a new sanger and everytime he starts it he lifts the v-drive cover and puts on the blower. may help it get air to mix with any fuel/air mix for the carb. just a thought
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-04-2008, 4:06 PM Reply   
that's the dumbest thing i've ever herd... I'm sorry but garold your cousin is not to bright.
Old     (scott_nor_cal_syndicate)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-05-2008, 9:58 AM Reply   
Ok I would start with taking the boat directly to Topside marine in San Jose.

Second the lifting of the motorcover will not help start what sounds like a problem with a mercury motor but your cousin is very smart to start the blower and lift the cover to remove fumes.
Oh and I have heard allot dumber things before. Like someone comes on to just call another person dumb and adds no real value to the problem at hand....Now that's dumb..
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-05-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
scroll up two post buddie, I gave advice that did add value.

Thinking that lifting the cover will help a boat start requires a comment like that.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-05-2008, 5:58 PM Reply   
Well maybe but it it is vapor locking his cousin is dead on!
Old     (scott_nor_cal_syndicate)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-06-2008, 8:32 PM Reply   
Nate,
please excuse garold as he said this may sound stupid but he tried to add some value as best he could.
This forum is used to assist and help others who are not nearly as worldly as yourself.

And Nate i was only referring to your dumbest thing ever heard comment i applaud you for stepping down off of that ever so giant pedestal and reaching out to the little people.
Get my point yet or do you wish to continue with me commenting on your self serving remarks as you would say "Buddie"
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-06-2008, 9:42 PM Reply   
it's a big step down but sometimes I can make exceptions =)
Old     (noquams)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-07-2008, 1:23 PM Reply   
I have a 02 Sanger and when I purchased it I had similar issues. Mine only came with one fuel pump and there was a tsb to add another. If only have one have your dealer check the tsb's and add another. I suspect your not getting enough fuel. They added the second on the drivers side next to the engine. Hope that helps.
Old     (scott_nor_cal_syndicate)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-07-2008, 5:14 PM Reply   
That a boy Nate.
Thanks for the friendly jabbing...

All is good