Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-26-2006, 6:39 AM Reply   
So I went into a shop other than my regular shop yesterday and was shocked at how one sided the guy "running" the shop was. He only seemed to be able to sell two, maybe three boards and had not even the slightest clue as to how any other boards rode. He had no idea about anything in the LF or CWB lines, and even when it came to Hyperlite it was the Parks (which he had a little opinion on) and then also the Era. Is this a bad thing? It just disturbed me that someone running the pro shop could have this little knowledge on the products he carries. He also had no clue on how to sell ski's which were also sold in his shop. I don't know much about ski's as well but could atleast get my way through the sale due to the little knowledge I gained from my shop experience.

Sorry it just bugged me that he could be so one sided and un educated on his products. Good reason to stick with my local guys and not even think about stepping a foot in the door of another shop.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-26-2006, 7:59 AM Reply   
I feel your pain. I have a local shop, where nine times out of ten some salesperson will walk up to me, assume I know nothing about the sport, and try to make a quick sale.

"So, your looking at getting a wakeboard?

You should get the Byerly." Not only that but they cop some sort of an "another dumb not-cool person looking to get into boardsports" attitude. I open my mouth and say five sentences and they will realize I might actually know a thing or two and sometimes they lose the attitude. The managers are cool but that's it, and it's annoying to the point where I will drive an hour to a boardshop on the other side of town because there they treat me like I'm their only customer.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-26-2006, 8:19 AM Reply   
I actually bought my gear online through seedickride.com. I researched potential gear and they had the board I wanted on sale while everyone else was still full price. They knew I was a beginner and gave me all kinds of information and made suggestions on other boards and bindings, including items they didn't carry. When I found the bindings I wanted, I contacted them and they gave me a better deal on those too. Next board I get (which I'm currently thinking about), I'm definitely checking with them first because they were honest and helpful!