Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (mads0113)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-02-2008, 10:52 AM Reply   
I am thinking about building a new garage at my place. A contractor has drawn up plans for a 28' x 30' structure with a 20' door. This is the biggest the city I live in will allow me to build. I am trying to figure out if I want it heated and whether or not I am going to store my boat in it over the winter.

So the question I have is; does anyone have a garage with these dimensions and how tight of a fit is it with a boat, truck, and car.

I have a VLX, Chevy Avalanche, and an Accord that all need to fit in there in addition to mowers and a work bench.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-02-2008, 11:03 AM Reply   
Using what ever scale (Example: 1/4" = 1 foot) the floor plan was drawn to, draw and cut out your boat, truck, and car. lay them on the plans and see how it all fits.
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-02-2008, 11:05 AM Reply   
My garage is 22 wide x 24 deep in the two car side, and 14 wide x 41 deep in the other side. I fit my X Star, ESV, wife's car, John Deere 2210 with and end loader on it (the tractor is 14' long), mower deck, power wheels, two bikes, big wheel, tricycle, and other kids toys in there. You just have to be creative.
Old     (big_wave)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-03-2008, 1:29 PM Reply   
I Built a 24' x 32' deep and keep our 24ve and an old 18' forr winns. Plenty of room for other toys and my work bench but not a car. here is a picUpload
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-03-2008, 1:38 PM Reply   
Bryan my garage is 32x26 and there is no way in the world I could fit my boat, a truck, and a car in that thing. I have a 16' door and an 8' door on mine. The boat alone takes up 1-3/4 stalls. I to have a vlx, that thing is wide on the trailer. I park the boat in the 2 car part and sometimes park one of my other vehicles in the 1 car stall. I guess if you had a 1 story house with trusses over the garage and no load bearing support in the way you might be able to make it work over the winter. You would probably want to put the boat on those roller wheels to get it in there as tight as possible.