Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (malibukid)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-17-2007, 9:15 AM Reply   
I don't know why all of the sudden this is bugging me. I ride the '06 Murray with CWB Torq bindings and this combination feels ridiculously heavy all of the sudden. My board is a 142 and of course that will add to the weight but is anyone else riding this setup? Does it seem heavy to you? I have a buddy that rides the Absolute Platinum and I know it's not a fair comparison but the difference between the two boards is substantial. I really like the board and the ease of the bindings but I am now considering the Murray bindings to try and lighten it up a bit.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-17-2007, 9:42 AM Reply   
you know what the answer to your question is already..... get a CWB platty.

LOL!!!
Old     (jwr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-17-2007, 10:30 AM Reply   
Yeah, I think the Murray is heavy I helped a guy load one with parks bindings on it into a board rack, and I was really suprised, but then again it is a 142, and maybe when you throw huge raileys like shaun, you need some extra strength.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-17-2007, 10:33 AM Reply   
i had a parks 144 with parks bindings... felt like i was riding a tank. I Ride ronix now... light as a feather
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-17-2007, 10:47 AM Reply   
I have not weighed them, but my current '06 Absolute platinum 141 with Watsons feels about the exact same weight as my old '02 Premier with Highbacks.

I am not so sure about this whole weight thing. If it was "that" big of deal. I would assume riders would be wearing weight reduced shorts(something that would not hold any water), vests, using titanium hardware ect.

Then again…..just thinking out loud…..
Old    innov8actionsports.com            04-17-2007, 11:02 AM Reply   
The Torqs are not a heavy binding, so switching to the Murray bindings is not going to make a big difference IMO.
Old     (tahoeguy7)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-17-2007, 11:45 AM Reply   
I would say that weight doesn't matter that much. Look at Rusty. He is the biggest guy out there riding a setup similar to what you have and he is as good as anyone.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-17-2007, 12:27 PM Reply   
He is also probably one of the strongest guys if not the strongest.
Old     (malibukid)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-17-2007, 1:48 PM Reply   
Cool. I don't think the heavy gear has made any difference in my riding. Being 6'4 and 240lbs I probably need the tank-like gear.