Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (kylewake)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-15-2009, 7:47 AM Reply   
please comment on these boards ur dislikes , likes etc etc please i need the feed back thanks alot
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-15-2009, 8:29 AM Reply   
If you like slow get the mana or ibex. I rode the mana and liked it but it was too slow for me. So I got the dark core one and I love it. Much faster than than the mana and I liked the pop a lot more. It can go high wake to wake or far into the flats depending on how you want to ride it. Only thing I don't like is the stock fin setup. 4 1 inchers is too locked down IMO. I ride it with 4 hyperlite shank fins and it's awesome. Any more questions about the mana or one and I'll be happy to Answer them
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-15-2009, 12:47 PM Reply   
where did you find a dark core mana? is it an 08 or an 09?
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-15-2009, 1:41 PM Reply   
I said the dark core one. The dhv1
Old     (svt600)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-15-2009, 2:22 PM Reply   
have not had the chance yet this year to ride others but i have an 08 Ibex and love it! great pop!!! a little on the hard landings side(could be my boots) but i think it a nice board! ill be riding my buddys ONE sometime soon ill check back in and let ya know how it is!
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-15-2009, 3:43 PM Reply   
Tom, how do you like your DHV1? I am thinking about getting a V2 board. How do you like the 09 Cells?
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-15-2009, 4:14 PM Reply   
They are both super sick, the cells are the most responsive boots I have tried, and the DHV1 is really responsive too because its so stiff, bigger pop and softer landings than the regular one I thought. And both the board and the boots are so light that it feels like nothing in the air. Again, if you have more questions ill answer them
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-15-2009, 6:24 PM Reply   
Tom, do you ride it at OWC? How does it hold up on rails?
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-15-2009, 7:16 PM Reply   
Nah I don't ride it at owc. But danny harf uses it on rails in drive. One of the selling points is how strong it is. I accidently slammed it into a dock when we forgot to put the board racks in and it didn't even scratch it. So I would say it'll hold up fine. I use an 04 j star tino santori pro model board on rails lol
Old    sdahockey21            03-15-2009, 8:02 PM Reply   
Kyle, what is your riding style? I can lead you to the right ronix shape if you give me some info.

Justin-

09 Cells have seemed to help my toeside edge a lot. I always had weird instances with my toes "catching" on the water while edging in toeside. But the cells seem to correct my toeside edging technique with the better edge response.

Haha, No one would catch me dead hitting rails with a V2! I know it would hold up but... YIKES
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-15-2009, 8:12 PM Reply   
Sam, I snapped my leg in three places 2 years ago, and my doctor thinks I need as much support as I can get. So I think I have to get the Cells. I had that same poblem with my toeside edge last year.
Old     (kylewake)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-16-2009, 3:39 AM Reply   
Thanks so much guys just want to know if the ibex is really stiff in the water compared to the mana ?i want a loose light board my style is not huge into the flats but i dont mind 4 fin setup just as long as its not too grippy ..
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-16-2009, 5:47 PM Reply   
Kyle, the IBEX is a sweet board, huge staight up pop but if you really want to have fun with it, take off the 1" P-wings and throw on some .7 A-wings from hyperlite.
Old     (svt600)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-16-2009, 6:04 PM Reply   
+1 to what steve said! im trying to find a set of a bit smaller fins to try...

not to hijack the thread but steve how do you like your Relik boots?? thinking about getting a pair for my Ibex..
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-16-2009, 7:05 PM Reply   
I really like the lower cut of the IBEX boots. They still have great support even though there a little lower. I try to poke or bone out all my grabs so these work well for me.
Old     (kylewake)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-18-2009, 10:54 AM Reply   
i still cant decide over the ibex or mana i know they so different but ya i cant decide just scared the ibex is too aggressive and not loose on the water?
Old     (wakebuddy87)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-18-2009, 12:39 PM Reply   
Sam, or anyone else, how do the DHV2 and Viva compare? pop, landings, looseness on the water, speed, ect. currently on a 06 138 watson
thanks
Old    sdahockey21            03-18-2009, 1:33 PM Reply   
Kyle, do you take a big cut into the wake or a shorter cut?

Anyways.

Chris Viva is very fast, tracks very well and is tight on edge coming into the wake. But this being said, I do not have a hard time breaking it loose to play around in the flats. The Pop is more abrupt that the covin and has an up/out pop. Very easy board to take into the flats. This is great because the landings in the flats or on the wake are very forgiving and soft. The board carries its speed from the take off to the landing so you do not experience that "stuck in the mud" feeling which always makes me pop the handle or go out the front. I am not afraid the charge the viva as far into the flats as possible. I really enjoy the viva, very fun forgiving board that is super for pushing your tricks into the flats.

I will let someone who rides the new 09 ONE/DHV2 to give there take. If no one volunteers, I will be back, however I know there are many happy new DHV2 owners out there!
Old     (airwaker)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-18-2009, 9:25 PM Reply   
fyi, i just rode the IBEX. i didnt spend too much time on it, but i thought it was unusually slow. ronix pitched this board as the ONE, but on steroids. i thought it rode really similiar to the ONE......
Old     (dryfly)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-19-2009, 2:52 AM Reply   
I borrowed an 08 ONE (138) for the first time last weekend, real impressed with the speed, very responsive and grippy. My wife enjoyed it so much that I have brought her the 09 ONE (134), intend to hit the lake this weekend, should be interesting to see how she rates it....will get back to you. The Ibex ( In the shops opinion ), offers a softer ride and softer landings.
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-19-2009, 7:09 AM Reply   
I've been on the 09 One for few rides now so heres my take on it....I liked the 07-08 One board but thought it could be a little faster and land a little better.....the 09 One for me was a big improvement, Ronix corrected both areas that I thought there needed to be some improvement. I feel that it is faster, more predictable, and I also thew some .8 fins on and wow what a different board. With the .8 fins its really loose but still holds a great edge. I haven't ridden the Mana or Ibex so i can't compare there but I do think the One is a great board for 09.