Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old                07-22-2004, 6:08 PM Reply   
i got two amps in my truck and the one that was hooked to the subs were blowing fuses like crazy. so i put some four gauge wire in it with a 100 amp fuse, rewired and replaced evrything but the ground and speaker wires. but still blew fuses. so i made the power cable route to the battery instead of the accessory port, and it worked for about a week, and then all the sudden my amp started to turn off and on constantly. checked out the amp, and it was blown. replaced the amp and it worked. now its blowing fuses again. so i hooked the amp to my friends system and it blew the fuses. i need some1s advise..that knows what they are talkin about. before i get another amp, i want to find out whats wrong with this thing so i wont blow another one. Could the subs be shorting the wires out somehow if one of the subs is loose and blown? someone help. also, i never replaced the component speker wires, but thats to my other amp. would appreciate if someone could help.
Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-23-2005, 10:37 AM Reply   
what fuses are blowing? Amp fuses? Inline fuses? Typically, replacing a blown fuse with a higher-rated one is a BAD idea. Find out why it's blowing (most likely a bad ground) Do you have an ohm meter? If you do, test the resistance of your ground connection on your amp, if it's more than .04 ohm or some such, you need to scrape the paint or something to make sure you get a better ground.
Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-23-2005, 10:39 AM Reply   
also, how many watts is that amp? Do you have the same power wire going to both amps?
Old                04-08-2006, 8:43 AM Reply   
Hey, i want to buy 2 amps, a 4000watt amp and a 800watt amp, with the 4000watt amp i am buying a 1.0 farad capacitor, i was wondering what kind of power i would need to run this? would i have to switch out the alternator for a ambulance one?