Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old    natter            01-25-2005, 12:35 PM Reply   
On my engine cover there is no foam in the center of it. When you look at it it looks like their is a perfect square with no foam. their is only foam about 1' around the edge of the cover. When I took it to the dealer to get winterized I told him about it he says all the 2004 are like that. That doesnt seem right. Does anyone else's engine cover look like this?
Old    jmo52            01-25-2005, 11:11 PM Reply   
Is it a cut out for the intake shroud?
Old    natter            01-26-2005, 6:36 AM Reply   
I should of been more specific I mean the sundeck over the engine. My fault.
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-26-2005, 11:04 AM Reply   
Ill take a picture of mine tonight. I cant remember what it looks like.
Old    natter            01-26-2005, 6:40 PM Reply   
RodE, when you look at your sundeck mine is very noticeable. Im interested in see your sundeck. thanks alot.
Old     (sunshine)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-26-2005, 7:05 PM Reply   
natter/ I have pic of my 04' sundeck on "plantnautique" and mines sounds nothing like yours it has padding all aruond it ! If you do a search on here you will also find pic's my SAN- just woundring where your dealer is located ? Good luck .
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-26-2005, 7:10 PM Reply   
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-26-2005, 7:11 PM Reply   
Bottom
Old    natter            01-27-2005, 9:49 AM Reply   
Looking at your picture it doesnt look like mine. Its like I have a thick layer of foam around the sides and a very thin layer in the center. Its not uniform like the side sundecks. By the way my dealer is located in elkton maryland.
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-27-2005, 10:46 AM Reply   
Brian,
My cover is the same way. The sides are thick padding and then over the top in the middle there is a thinner padding. My thin padding starts almost in the center of the sundeck. If you look at the bottom picture you can see a cutout for the engine shroud. That is where my thinner padding starts. It sounds like correct craft didnt use the right thickness on your outer padding or they just messed up. I would take it into the dealers and tell them that it isnt right. If that doesnt get you anywhere call correct craft. They will take care of the problem. If you have a digital camera take a picture of it and send it to correct craft as well. Pictures dont lie.
That is really bad the dealer wont take care of you. You spend all the money on a boat and then get terrible service. I can say my nautique dealer rocks (Ron's Marine). I have had bad experiences with other dealers (Centurion), that is why I sold my avalanche and bought my 210. Better warranty, better service, better wake and easier dealer to deal with.
Good luck with your problem
Old    natter            01-28-2005, 9:38 AM Reply   
I agree. I never noticed the difference between the top and the bottom of the sun deck till I saw your pictures. Its like the padding is not right. thanks.
Old    ag4ever            01-30-2005, 5:52 PM Reply   
Are you saying there is no padding in the center?

My '02 looks exactly like the picture that was posted, and from the top you can not tell there is a section underneath that is notched out for engine clearance.

If you can tell a difference on the top where your clearance box is, I would say there is a problem.
Old    natter            02-03-2005, 3:32 AM Reply   
I have padding in the center but you can definitly tell where the clearance box is. It is a perfect outline of it when you look at it from the top.