Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (gypsy12)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-15-2004, 2:17 PM Reply   
Hi. Arizona riders, please tell me where the best wakeboarding in AZ is... And let me know if Show Low, AZ is anywhere near any good wakeboarding. Just curious about AZ. Thanks.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-15-2004, 2:41 PM Reply   
don't tell me you're leaving the delta!!!
Old     (azsufer)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-15-2004, 2:48 PM Reply   
LEAVING THE DELTA TO GO TO SHOW LOW....

You've been drinking out of the wrong canteen my friend!!

But I will give you some advice: Roosevelt, Saguaro, and Bartlett are all with a couple of hours.

DILLS
Old     (dallas141)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-15-2004, 8:17 PM Reply   
Move to Tempe, Scottsdale, Phoenix, Chandler, its all basicly the same place (the valley), Saguaro, Bartlett, Canyon, Pleasent are all within an hour depending on where exactly you live in the valley. Awesome place to live, can ride year round, wheather is awesome. If you make it out and need a pull, I should be able to give you one in about 2 months.
Old    jimbodine            09-15-2004, 8:45 PM Reply   
hey all just bought my first board.. i have skiid since i was a kid .. have a boat out at pleasant here in az .. i understand my face is going to hurt after the first day :-) any suggestions for both boarding and driving for the first time!!
Old     (dallas141)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-15-2004, 8:56 PM Reply   
Invite me!
Old    cheeseinaz            09-16-2004, 6:52 AM Reply   
Show Low is a nice place to live...but not so much if you want to ride a lot. You need to live in the valley (Scottsdale, Phx, Tempe, etc...) if you want quick access to a lake. Then you have your pick of lakes: in the South East valley: Roosevelt, Canyon or Saguaro, North East Valley: Bartlett and in the North West Valley: Pleasant. Check out: http://www.gf.state.az.us/h_f/edits/lake_levels.shtml. All good riding lakes but some of the smaller ones get pretty crowded. I have my boat at Pleasant and it's awesome. Year round riding, warm water, affordable homes near by, etc..Now if we could just stop all those Californians from moving here...
Old    jimbodine            09-16-2004, 7:35 AM Reply   
thats nice dallas but do you have any tips beside invite you .. i have never gotten up on a board people tell me its easier than skiis .. ive read everything i can on boarding .. but usually that isnt enough .. any little tricks to make my first rides less painfull..
Old    jimbodine            09-16-2004, 7:46 AM Reply   
and another thing .. why the wetsuit ? i see lots of boarders in wetsuits.. is there a reason > i have a wet suit and i hate it !! yes it keeps me warmer but i get NO SUN and i feel like it restricts me .. but 90% of boarders wear them .. why?
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-16-2004, 4:33 PM Reply   
Roosevelt and Apache are your best bet around Show Low for daily trips (my guess is about 1.5 hours to either).

Roosevelt is good, but very round and open so if its windy you're out of luck for calm water.

Apache is a little better for wakeboarding. You can get to it a lot easier from the Roosevelt end. Its a long lake that is bordered by pretty high walls.

Also, Powell isn't all that far away for a longer weekend type of getaway.
Old     (gypsy12)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-17-2004, 2:36 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info guys! Just thought maybe someday I'd want to leave this place, beautiful as it may be, and move on to a more inexpensive place with less traffic. Other than the cost of living and the traffic, I love this place! I just don't think I'll ever be able to afford it!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-17-2004, 2:59 PM Reply   
tara...head east...check out sacramento suburbs. elk grove, for example...minutes to the delta, and still relatively cheap. (compared to other areas in cali, like l.a., bay area, s.d.)
Old    waterdog2            09-17-2004, 6:31 PM Reply   
Jim, go to ww home page then wake 101 ,instructionals. there are some good starter tips, especialy about boat speed.
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-21-2004, 10:07 AM Reply   
If your in Show Lo the best lake for you would be Lyman lake it is better than any of the lakes close to the valley and I believe it is closer to you in show Lo than any other lake