Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-16-2011, 4:32 PM Reply   
So we had a bunch of fun doing this. I got the "R&D" crew out for a friday morning run. Dennis, Frank and Chris Wolter, and RJ, T-Bone and Maddie. What a blast. We were not the first to film wakesurfing in 3D for youtube, I think that honor goes here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyqaXrRo_NA

But not sure. Anyway, ton of fun. Dennis just turned 60 yrs old and he is out there ripping it. Watch when he does a 360 on a 4.5' flyboy, pretty awesome. There is a great part where this butterfly flies in front of Dennis while he is surfing, never seen that before, and what timing, since we were filming in 3D.

I do have to mention that Chris Wolter killed it out there, threw a 180 air reverse, on the lip 360s, awesome. But somehow during that run the camera didnt' record. The gopros are a pain to tell if recording, which is why you see a head come in to view sometimes to check. Sorry Chris, we will make sure and give you a great run on tape next time.

If embed doesn't work here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xieB0ZxMc2Q

If you need 3D glasses, these work great, and cheap.

Red-blue / Cyan Anaglyph Simple style 3D Glasses 3D movie game
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       05-16-2011, 4:57 PM Reply   
Great fun that day. The video is great in 3D. Thanks to the Garcia Family for making my birthday special with 3D to boot.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-16-2011, 6:04 PM Reply   
Has anyone been able to do cross-eyed mode or parallel mode? I can't do it, just get a head-ache.

http://www.google.com/support/youtub...=157636#help-5
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-16-2011, 6:34 PM Reply   
Did you do that by synchronizing your GoPro cameras?

I know GoPro supports 3D with two camera. We are planning to film in 3D this summer....
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-16-2011, 6:41 PM Reply   
Just get one of these:

http://gopro.com/hd-hero-accessories/3d-hero-system/

along with 2 gopro cameras. It does all the work for you. You can do this with cineform, and any 2 cameras if you want. But those cameras should be color matched, best if same make and model, and mounted rigidly together. Then you use the cineform software to join. If using the gopro 3d setup, then the files are separate, but already synced with timecode, so its a snap. If not, you have to use a clapper, or something to match frames and do it manually.

The hardest part is editing. But you can buy Neo or Neo3D so you can edit in profession software like FCP, which we do. But you can even use something like iMovie, you just have to output from cineform in side by side mode, and edit in side by side, and then upload to youtube as a side by side video and enable 3d.

I plan on blogging the process soon, maybe after the event when I get some time. Its a lot of fun.
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-16-2011, 7:13 PM Reply   
Oh, hadn't been to GoPro's website in a while... obviously.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-16-2011, 7:54 PM Reply   
thats way too cool robert ....... should have done a front flip off the board into the camera!! when you get it dialed in i gotta believe you can make some awesome shows!! was great fun day!!