Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    ilovetrains            05-10-2004, 12:13 PM Reply   
who has it? Rinker, Bayliner, Cobalt? Tell me what you ride and how you like it. Who has towers and what size boat.
Old    handyman            05-10-2004, 1:22 PM Reply   
I have a Caravelle 207. Awesome wake for an I/O. The tower is factory installed with a canopy that attaches to the top of the tower. We can walk under the tower with no problems. Tower doesn't shake and we can get great air with it. 20' 7" boat. Best money I have spent.
Old    grampawakerider            05-10-2004, 5:09 PM Reply   
Though Bayliner normally gets slammed on this site, I have one and it puts out as much wake as I'll probably ever be able to use. Had a rider go 5 behind it b4. He said it was his biggest trick. Anyways, it's in the shop these days for PP installation and annual service. I'll post a wake pic from when I take her out Sunday. oh yeah.....2000 1850 LX which is 18.5 ft w/v6 190 hp. I do have a tower on it and have some weight for it too. (800 lbs) + peeps. Must say that if I had a driver who could give me a good pull would help tons....hence the PP going in. When it's right, I LOVE it!! OPne other thing....my experience is extremely limited. I have only ridden behind my own boat except for one time when I hooked up w/ Scott with his SWEET Sanger. (Bitchin ride Scott...hope to do it again soon!!)
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-10-2004, 8:48 PM Reply   
19 1/2' monterey here with a real nice wake with a bit of weight and some people. They need a good prop, plenty of HP and PP more then wakeboats do. They do a super job when fitted properly.
Old     (denwakebdr)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-10-2004, 10:57 PM Reply   
Hey Matthew, I ride behind a caravelle as well....mine is a 232 Interceptor with a boss tower and it has a larger wake than mose direct drives...I paid 20k for mine..it is a 99
Old     (reto)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-11-2004, 3:53 AM Reply   
That is our Bayliner 2050 w/ zeroflex tower:

bayliner 2050

good wake.

greetings from germany
reto
Old    tribal            05-11-2004, 5:37 AM Reply   
My 22' Sunbird puts out an awesome wake.Really wide with the big beam so you have no choice but to go big.Just installed the Monster Tower making for an even sweeter ride.
Old    ilovetrains            05-11-2004, 10:02 AM Reply   
Reto - dude you have my boat.'97,looks the same but you must have pulled the factory stickers and stuff.

I used to live in Wiesbaden, where are you?
Old     (ccripps)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-11-2004, 10:15 AM Reply   
Reto, or anyone else, Nice looking Tower so who sells Zeroflex towers? I thought those only came on Mastercraft Boats.
Old     (reto)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-11-2004, 10:49 PM Reply   
@matthew - i live near wuerzburg. itīs not so far from wiesbaden! are you in the army in wiesbaden?

@chris - i did buy the tower in a shop in germany. the price was o.k. (990 euro).
Old    chris_newrider            05-12-2004, 4:57 AM Reply   
Glastron GX 185. Great wake with a little weight in the locker and a few peeps in the back. Trim it up about 1/4 and the wake is huge and the whitewash is gone.

GX185

(Message edited by chris_newrider on May 12, 2004)
Old    ilovetrains            05-13-2004, 6:40 PM Reply   
Reto - used to work for the Army in Wiesbaden. Loved living there. It most cost you a ton to have a boat. Do you trailer it? I never saw anyone trailer their boats.
Old     (98_searay)      Join Date: May 2004       05-19-2004, 1:22 PM Reply   
i have a 98 Sea Ray with a 5.o V8 19ft i out a tower on it some fat sacks and the wake is SWEET if i find pics i will put one on here 5.0 is also good on Gas with gass so high my friend has a V6 reinell 14 gallon gass tank about 2 whole days of wakeboarding with 5 ppl also gr8 wake with some fat sacks