Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    adrenalinejunky            08-02-2006, 12:54 PM Reply   
2 things to consider. Maybe 3 if you include price.

The ride:
Over the past couple years I have ridden a few different boards. In the market for something new I looked at Trickboardz. I liked the concave, twin tip concept. Talked to Larry Mann and told him my weight (190 lbs) and my riding style. He recommended a Mojo and I purchased his last Mojo Grande. I have ridden it about a dozen times and like it more each time out. With the 2.5 surf fins the thing tracks great. Everyone that has ridden it, loves it. My buddy at 270lb even got up on it (although never let go of the rope). I have played with different fin setups. 1 inch sliders and currently 1.5 ramp fins. The 1.5 fins are my favorite so far. Loose when I want it be, and still tracks when I need it to. Maybe because of the concave bottom, but the board easily picks up speed. When you get back out of the pocket it only takes a little finesse to get the board to make a bee line back to the boat. Also, on the website it shows being able to ride after the tip buries, it actually works.

The Customer Service:
I ordered the board and it was in Calif a few days later just like they said. Opened the box and FEDEX had smashed the tip. Called FEDEX to file a claim and called Larry from Trickboardz to tell him what happened. FEDEX came and picked up the board for their inspection and was suppose to return it to me later in the week. On Wednesday I called FEDEX and they said they returned it to the shipper. Needless to say I was a little worked up. I called Larry early Thursday morning. He told me he had received the board the night before. He said he didn't want to be off the water so he took it upon himself to fix the board Wednesday night after he received it. Julia from Trickboards contacted FEDEX about their mistake in shipping and got them to pick up the board Thursday and overnight it to me for free. It was on my doorstep Friday 9AM and behind my boat that night. Customer service like this is a 10 in my book.

So long story short; If you're looking for a fun board to ride and great customer service, do yourself a favor and contact Larry Mann at Trickboardz.

Happy Wakesurfing!!
Old    davekeith            10-12-2006, 9:05 AM Reply   
right on...Larry & Julia are tops in my book too! Not to mention I love our boards - we surf the Freestyle. A model that has since been discontinued... I think the CIA or someone made them stop...they were too good or something.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-12-2006, 9:20 AM Reply   
I honestly think FEDEX tries to damage boards. In my experience they are completely inept when it comes to shipping fragile items.

Maybe I'm mistaken but I would think it would take an extreme amount of mishandling to smash a Trickboardz nose.

(Message edited by CAskimmer on October 12, 2006)