Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (jpg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-15-2007, 10:40 PM Reply   
I'm looking for a wake board that is fast good pop and is consistent. what i came up with was the Absolute and the 3ds.
sell me on one of them?
what do you like about either of them?
THANKS!!

(Message edited by jpg on August 15, 2007)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-15-2007, 11:16 PM Reply   
They ride completely different from each other. I can think of few boards that are as complete opposites as those two. Good job! If you like a smooth pop & more speed get the 3DS. If you like an abrupt vertical pop get the Absolute. It's funny how you narrowed it down to two boards that have zero similarities other than foam & fiberglass. Kind of proves the idea of demoing. I selected the Absolute as it fits my style, I've been riding one version or another for 4 years. It is by far my favorite board.
Old     (cas)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-16-2007, 2:17 AM Reply   
I don't know the Absolute, but the 3DS has a really good predictable pop, that, with almost no effort, Can take you out in the flats. But remember to change the fins from standard 1.1 A-wings to .8 P-Wings. It really makes a big difference,
Old     (olddude)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-16-2007, 4:20 AM Reply   
I've been wakeboarding 8 years and the 3DS is by the far the best board I've ever owned. I agree with Casper, I ride with .7 fins. But, you should demo both boards and pick the one that best suits your style.
Old    sealyon.net            08-16-2007, 6:32 AM Reply   
I have to agree 100% with Casper.But it's still a great ride with the 1.1 fins.
Old     (clay_fraley)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-16-2007, 10:58 AM Reply   
Never rode the 3DS but Ive been riding the absolute for a few years and it has good straight up pop, and has somewhat of a slow edge, and from what Ive heard slower than the 3DS. so your choice man, I have not found one thing that I dont like about the absolute!!
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-16-2007, 2:12 PM Reply   
I've ridden both the 3DS and the Absolute. Personally, I found the 3DS more to my liking.

I know you haven't considered it but I would strongly recommend the O'Brien Natural over either of these boards. It is very fast, has amazing pop, and is incredibly consistent. IMO, it is in a different class than the 3DS and Absolute. Everything I've ever wished would be a little better in a board is in the Natural.
Old     (jpboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-16-2007, 2:17 PM Reply   
I ride an absolute and it is the best board I have ridden. It has great pop off of the wake, it is quick, and the landings are pretty soft do to the center spine on the board. Also, it is a very light board. You wont go wrong with this board.
Old     (jpg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-16-2007, 3:38 PM Reply   
Big Heavy thanks for your support. the reason i chose the 3ds is because they are so different. and if i can i will try both but i live is santa cruz and i really have no to try out wake boards. so any info helps. THanks
Old     (brad_m)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-16-2007, 4:00 PM Reply   
Go out and demo. I demo'd quite a few boards and came up with the Absolute. You'll get a feel for the boards especially if you can ride them back to back. I haven't tried the 3DS but i really like my Absolute.
Old     (wakerider143)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-30-2007, 1:55 PM Reply   
For what you want..."fast and consistent"...its the 3DS all the way. I like the absolute better butt i just like a good kick off the wake.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-30-2007, 2:06 PM Reply   
I used to ride the Absolute platinum, now I ride the Faction--fast board with consistent pop! Both are great boards(I have no info on the 3DS)You can get a real good deal right now on the Faction Board/Binding Combo--Great Value!!!!! If you are ever in the Bakersfield area and wish to demo any CWB gear, just let me know--Marius, Absolute, Faction, Transcend all on a private lake!
Old     (hixsonaz)      Join Date: May 2007       08-30-2007, 4:00 PM Reply   
my brother has an absolut and i have a 3ds. From his perspective, his absolut has a skatier feel and the 3ds is a fast accelerator(his words are "point and go") I love the landings on the 3ds and it sets an edge very easily.
Old     (ynot)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-30-2007, 5:07 PM Reply   
a board that is more like the 3DS would be the CWB Transcend. My buddy had been riding the 3DS for a long time when i asked him if he would like to try the Transcend and he said sure so next set he tried it and instantly started getting more pop. due to a tad more rocker you have to cut a little harder then you would with the 3DS but the rocker is what helps you get the extra pop.
Old     (jermiside)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-30-2007, 10:25 PM Reply   
JPG-get yourself a demo on the FACTION board. Fast, consistent pop, soft landings. It sounds like what your looking for in a ride.