Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-06-2011, 4:50 PM Reply   
I am adding another set of tower speakers as well as putting a new tower on the boat this year. I thought I would take the time to put in a neutrik connector for the speakers. Does anybody have any experience with the newer neutrik connector, the STX series. I have seen a number of people use the older NL8FC connector but didn't know the longevity of it.

The newer STX seems to have a little better rating and more robust design according to the website.

http://www.neutrik.com/us/en/audio/2...AG_detail.aspx

It is however three times the cost so I was just looking for opinions.
Old     (Silverbullet555)      Join Date: May 2010       05-07-2011, 8:26 AM Reply   
For most of my speaker connectors I went with Tyco/Amp CPC connectors. I used them because they are smaller and lighter than the neutrik though I did buy some to check out. Speaker wires don't carry huge current usually with the exception of wire of subs. The options get overwhelming at times because there are so many and trying to make sense out of it all.

This is just an example of one of their connectors.

http://www.tycoelectronics.com/catalog/pn/en/788157-2
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-09-2011, 8:26 PM Reply   
I use the 2 pole speakons for my speaker leds and 4 pole for my speakers in each of my 4 tower speaker boxes. They have always done me well, if I were to buy some new ones I would probably just go with the old style since I have never had any issues with them.