Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-23-2008, 5:44 PM Reply   
hello everyone my and my girlfriend are looking to change our board, we want both 2 beginner boards or if i can say that will forgive if we didnt do it perfect. My girlfriend was looking for the Ronix Krush 134 ( tell me if it can be a problem if she ride goofy on that board) ?? And for me i am looking at the Lf Watson 142 any inputs ? We both had a Parks wakeboard and we find it really too agressive so thats why we want to change.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-23-2008, 5:55 PM Reply   
Stance doesn't matter, your gf can ride that board.

I've got a Watson (134) and I love it. It is loose without fins, locked down really tight with the 1.1" ones I had, they're probably too big though. Edges nicely, really quick to get on it's edges too, good speed and pop, should be a good board for you, I doubt you'll outgrow it.

Some of my friends have ridden mine and they are beginners, they didn't have any complaints but then again they've only ridden that board or my Stance.

I did get a chance to demo it before I bought it and really liked it straight away, so I grabbed it. You can't really know without trying it out.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-23-2008, 6:00 PM Reply   
yeah i know its a big size but i am 235 pounds so i need it a lil longer :-)
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-23-2008, 9:33 PM Reply   
any other inputs will be gladly appreciated ...
Old    alanp            07-23-2008, 10:40 PM Reply   
a watson? not really known for a beginner board. look for something with continuous rocker.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-23-2008, 10:54 PM Reply   
Some told me thats its a pretty smooth and forgiving board for a pro model is it true ?
Old     (hypripper)      Join Date: May 2002       07-23-2008, 10:56 PM Reply   
hyperlite motive. One of the best all around boards ever made, great for all levels
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-24-2008, 4:41 AM Reply   
radikal - i'm going to have to recommend to you the O'Brien Player 143. it's the sickest board i've ridden'. it will definitely be a board that will help you progress, at any level...plus it's very forgiving. it's very consistent when releasing off of the wake...booted every time.

your lady would most likely really enjoy the O'Brien Skyla...my chick rides that and loves it. she's got about 5 months of riding under her belt and is now taking hear HS jumps out into the flats and is doing some pretty dope Stalefish's/Tail/Indy Grabs. Also, she's clearing the wake TS now. She started out on the Hyperlite Divine. Once she picked up the Skyla, there has been a super noticeable difference.

Plus, both boards are pretty easy on the wallet.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       07-24-2008, 9:04 AM Reply   
if you are 235 pounds and your girlfriend is much less that could be an issue for the length! I was 190 riding a 134 substance and the landings were harder and much less forgiving if I wasn't dead on with that board. I went to a 140 and lost a few pounds and things are better. Thinking it was just the new board ('05 shane) I rode a 136 Jett/witness that is my wife's board just to try it out. The landings were hard again and if I wasn't dead centered with my weight I'd tip. You'll need something bigger than a 134 or even 136 for your size. I'd say a 140-142 and if you girlfriend is smaller you could have sharing issue.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-24-2008, 10:28 AM Reply   
thank brooke, yeah my girldfriend is looking at a 132 krush for her, and i am looking at a 142 watson for me.
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-24-2008, 10:36 AM Reply   
you ever ridin the trip 143. easy board to ride yet fast with descent pop. i rode a friends messing around and threw down on it. demo one.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-24-2008, 1:13 PM Reply   
CWB Faction!!!! I ride it and so does my girlfriend! I can't say enough good things about this board--very consistent, forgiving , good pop and super soft landings.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-24-2008, 1:22 PM Reply   
I will agree with jron on the skyla being a great board for a woman. A man has sooo many choices most boards are pretty good. I have a B-side for sale that I think is very consistent and smooth, it is a 141 too.
Old     (burberry03)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-25-2008, 12:41 PM Reply   
Get the WATSON man.... you can ride it from beginner to advanced... I ride the watson 142 and I love it