Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-11-2006, 6:20 PM Reply   
So we have been out on the lake a few times surfing and everybody is able to surf without a problem. Going out on the river however, seems to be another matter. It seems tough to hold the sweetspot and the wave tends to lose "The Push" that we have on the lake. The wave is high and long enough, we just cannot seem to stay in the pocket for long.

Any advice?
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-11-2006, 8:15 PM Reply   
Practice more and wait for the current to get under 16,000 CFS

P.S. I don't speak from experience... just a speculation call. I think you will be able to surf the river come July.
Old     (chopper515)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-12-2006, 7:35 AM Reply   
How deep is the river? Last weekend I found out that we needed at least 10' or so to be able to free ride with our setup. We were surfing all morning in about 13' and 3 of us had no problems free riding. When we went up river (less boats but shallower) it was about 7' and none of us could catch the wave. The ballast and speed was identical. Has anyone else noticed this?
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-12-2006, 12:11 PM Reply   
The river is over 20+ ft at this point.
Old     (mudsurfer)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-12-2006, 4:35 PM Reply   
What is a lake? I surf the delta 3-4 times a week and in some spots the wake just goes away, I have found you need 8-10 feet to get a good wake.
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-23-2006, 3:44 PM Reply   
Ok, so we were out surfing last night and we all were able to get some good sets in. I had to set up the boat on the darkside for all those goofy riders. I was pretty frustrated at the start (now I know how tough it was for all those goofy riders riding my regular wake).

LOLUploadUpload

I think that we dialed in the wake better and the river has slowed down a lot. So it was a lot of fun. Kevin was rocking. Kit was awesome (we all liked that booty shakin to the music while surfing, thanks for the show!) and by the way thanks for the advice I was getting damn frustrated.

Upload

Attila, it did piss me off that you were so much better than me.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-23-2006, 6:16 PM Reply   
ha ha... wait till we go snowboarding!
Thanks for the pull, I had a blast!

Do you call it a pull when surfing?
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-23-2006, 6:20 PM Reply   
BTW... I must say, I look much better since getting on a diet!

I picked up Liquid Courage this afternoon, everything is in order for this weekend's trip North.
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-23-2006, 7:37 PM Reply   
the amazing dissapearance act of Attila:

no more bear belly
Old     (kitstocks)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-26-2006, 7:50 AM Reply   
Tom, the pictures look great.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-27-2006, 12:47 AM Reply   
hehe, those pix look familiar... all those pirate flags you got definitely seem to be appropriate you picture stealer! hahaha j/k. That was a hella fun day and night :-)
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-28-2006, 12:43 PM Reply   
The pics should look familiar, you took them Kevin. Hee hee. OK for the whole world to know, those pics were taken by Kevin, I "Borrowed" them (notice that there were none of me posted though).
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-28-2006, 6:56 PM Reply   
oops my bad. I'm already fiending for more Crawdads haha