Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-30-2008, 5:50 PM Reply   
I need a LF Diva 135/Prima 7-9 shipped to Rosario Cp 2000, Argentina. It's a gift for my GF

Evo carries it but quoted me U$D400 to ship, ridiculous since shipping from Miami is U$D150

anyone help please?
Old     (robmcfarland)      Join Date: May 2008       09-30-2008, 5:52 PM Reply   
call www.wakenskate.com they are in VA and I beleive the shipping is free. I ride for the shop, we are closing out on everything and had a wall full of divas last week.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-30-2008, 6:00 PM Reply   
Thanks a lot!!! i hope they do international shipping at a reasonable price!!

I told them you sent me there, thanks!
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-02-2008, 5:26 AM Reply   
We have the board in stock...but not the boots. Could substitute something else. Shipping via Fedex is $310.99. email us at sales@perfski.com to discuss if interested.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-02-2008, 7:47 AM Reply   
we have one as well. 210+35 shipping. $245 w/bindings shipped.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-02-2008, 7:50 AM Reply   
woops i failed to see it was going to argentina
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-02-2008, 8:12 AM Reply   
http://www.redlinewatersports.com/eshopprod_cat_3073-25836-26281-26315_product_533096.Liquid_Force_Diva_w_Prima_Boo .htm

Check here....they might go down on price because the time of the year and they overnighted me some stuff the other day for only $7 (it was U.S. but very very cheap still)
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-04-2008, 6:20 AM Reply   
Thanks for everyone posting so far.

I wanted to mention that to my surprise many reputable shops quoted me some really big money for shipping, up to U$D420, that's just not right!
Past week we ordered from a Miami shop and got quoted U$D350 for 2 boards and 3 pair of bindings, the reason I didnt get the Diva there was because they were out of stock. The other boards are on it's way now.
Anyway one board/binding package sent from Miami quoted U$D150 to Argentina via Fedex.

Other shops wich carry the board on stock dont ship international, or just didnt answer the Emails yet, So my message to Shop owners or employees would be that I know you dont send boards out of America everyday but it wouldnt hurt to have this area better covered.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-04-2008, 7:10 AM Reply   
You could try my local boardshop in NJ

www.soswakeboard.com

I believe he ships out of the country. Ask for Craig and tell him Dave W sent you.
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-04-2008, 10:36 AM Reply   
Hi Luciano,
My name is Bill Porter from Performance. I'd responded to the thread...and yes we do ship internationally on lines we are allowed to. We can "combo box" adding boards / boots in one box..we do it all the time.

As for shipping cost to your country...I can tell you we get very agressive rates from Fedex to ship there...but the bottom line is that its one of the most expensive shipping areas in the world. Part of it is because location, part of it is Government restrictions / requirements that adds to the cost. And I'm not going to mention import duties and taxes. (100% I think?) Let me know if you need help in the future. I know alot of customers seem to have items sent to freight forwarding companies out of Miami who can seem to "skirt" some of the import duties...but if we send it, you will have to pay them at the time of arrival. I hope this helps.

Bill
Performance Ski and Surf of Orlando.
www.perfski.com
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-04-2008, 10:42 AM Reply   
Sorry...one last thing I forgot to add...customers ask us to ship via the US Post office. This is sometimes cheaper...but they will not let us ship items longer than 49" to your country. Again, as for the shipping costs...as a reputable dealer, we need to use reputable shipping companies. We've tried to use smaller brokers, but when there are problems....their resolution structure is really poor, and the end result is you don't get what you ordered timely, you are bent out of shape because it takes longer to resolve it, and ultimately....trying to save a few bucks on shipping usually causes MAJOR headaches if there are any problems with the shipment. Trust me, I've been there. And as much as I would love to ship boards cheaper to everyone...getting them safely, quickly is key. Its amazing how "un-reputable" a shop becomes when a customer doesn't get something timely...or when they have problems..they aren't resolved quickly. Just my two cents.
Bill
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-04-2008, 5:18 PM Reply   
Bill, thanks a lot, that was a pretty good post, import duties and taxes are around %50 here, but I'd always payed them when I got the package in my frontdoor, so they charged apart from the shipping cost. It has been that way on all my previous purchases. What you offer is to send with import taxes and duties covered?

I have bought from your shop a few times, I know you are serious people and that's why is one of the first places I check before any purchase, I really appreciate you stand up and give your explanation.
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-04-2008, 6:34 PM Reply   
We don't charge duties....as they ALWAYS are changing depending on what your country charges from items made in other countries. There are simply too many variables out there. A good example..had a customer from Mexico order a pair of Billabong Board shorts...because Mexico makes a bunch of apparel and China is a major competitor..they wanted to charge my customer 300% import duties. He returned them and just took his losses.

Let me know if I can help in the future....we are very good at fitting multiple boards in boxes etc....its an art....but definately cuts shipping costs to your country if you can divide it with other riders. Hope you get your gear ok....let me know if I can help.