Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (jakoerber)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-03-2007, 6:33 PM Reply   
we were out on the lake the other day, it was about 845 and the lake popo pulls us, and telss us we arent aloud to board after sunset which is 840 that day so he said, he was like ill give it to you and just give you benefit of doubt and go off with warning. I thought this was retarded, it was still plenty of light out. Has this happened to anyone else
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-03-2007, 6:36 PM Reply   
Sunset on our lake.....live by the rules!
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-03-2007, 6:47 PM Reply   
I've never been stopped but same rules in TN, I know someone on a PWC who got tickeded for riding after sunset.
Old     (jakoerber)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-03-2007, 7:29 PM Reply   
Mhayes yeah, i do now but not only did we not know but we were one minute past and it was the last try on the trick
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       07-03-2007, 7:34 PM Reply   
hmm i think its dusk out here which basically we were told by the water popo is when he decides it is he didn't do anything to us just asked if we were done and we said yes sir
Old     (maliburider456)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-03-2007, 7:41 PM Reply   
the rule in NC is you can ride an hour past sunset
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-03-2007, 7:59 PM Reply   
Yep, got pulled on Lake Saguaro AZ about 10 mins after sunset. Those are the rules, gotta abide.
Old     (nuts4donuts)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-03-2007, 8:06 PM Reply   
As you know sunset doesn't mean dark, its the minute the sun falls behind the horizon. There is still light after sunset because it reflects off the atmosphere and clouds. But this is beside the point. Next time the Popo pull you over, just explain that you're night fishing by trolling with some really thick line and a 180 pound living lure. I think this could hold up in court.
Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-03-2007, 9:00 PM Reply   
Yup jsut happened to me and the gave us a citation. Pretty gay
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-03-2007, 10:39 PM Reply   
in Missouri it's 30 minutes before the "Official" sunset for that day at the Missouri State Courthouse in Jefferson City, Missouri, i dont think it's ever strictly followed though, at least not on my lake, it's more of a rule of thumb thing..
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       07-04-2007, 6:05 AM Reply   
30 min before sunrise to 30 min after sunset in Texas. Know the rules where you ride.
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-04-2007, 10:22 AM Reply   
Clinton-
you might want to check your missouri boaters rule book again. LOL

In Missouri you have to be done riding by sunset plus 10 minutes. So if official sunset is 8:30 you have to be done by 8:40.

in Kansas you can ride an hour before sunrise and an hour after sunset.
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-05-2007, 10:13 AM Reply   
I haven't seen the actual law, but a friend who received a citation ($200) from water ranger boy said sunset in CA is the rule also. This Ranger had the weather report for the specific day with the official sunset time. He started dealing out tickets about 10 minutes after that time.
Old     (qball)      Join Date: May 2007       07-05-2007, 12:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
By Jesse D (nuts4donuts) on Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 8:06 pm: As you know sunset doesn't mean dark, its the minute the sun falls behind the horizon. There is still light after sunset because it reflects off the atmosphere and clouds. But this is beside the point. Next time the Popo pull you over, just explain that you're night fishing by trolling with some really thick line and a 180 pound living lure. I think this could hold up in court.
hahahaha thats awesome!!
Old     (goerlich)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-05-2007, 4:56 PM Reply   
Michigan is also one hour before "official Sunrise until one hour after "official" sunset.

This actually works out well since the PWCs are only allowed from 8am to one hour PRIOR to sunset.

Butter in the morning, butter in the evening... depending on the lake.
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-05-2007, 5:09 PM Reply   
So if all over the country the rules are pretty much the same "no boarding after darkish", why do so many people have off road type lights on their towers???? Every lake/river Ive been on says 5mph after dark.
Old     (nuts4donuts)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-05-2007, 5:38 PM Reply   
Quote from paul (wakeme884) "So if all over the country the rules are pretty much the same "no boarding after darkish", why do so many people have off road type lights on their towers???? Every lake/river Ive been on says 5mph after dark."

Well Paul, rules are for breaking, and the lights on the towers allow you to see what you're doing while you're breaking the rules. Those of us who consistently break the rules are very safety conscious. Safety first!
Old     (obriengotwake)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-05-2007, 8:00 PM Reply   
thats is why i love michigan, time doesnt pull us off the water, not being able to see the rider does. kind of a dumb law for safety reasons but it im out till about 30-45 mins after sunset before i cant see .
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-05-2007, 8:20 PM Reply   
Our is 1 hour before sunset, or 8:00 whichever is first.... but 2 miles away the lake just has a 35mph speed limit at dark.... so if we get desperate thats an option
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-05-2007, 9:37 PM Reply   
The reason it is sunset it because that gives you enough time to get off the water if it is a lake that there is no night boating. But seriously abide by the rules, there is a reason the rule was made, dont be the guy that makes a excuse for the boat police to make it an hour before sunset.