Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old    shrom_in_the_609            08-25-2006, 2:19 PM Reply   
Jim, well luckilly my boss is letting me take off on monday so if your still going and dont mind me joining...im in..just let me know where to meet you guys at
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-25-2006, 3:27 PM Reply   
Have a great time this weekend House boaters! We will be holding it down in B-Town.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-25-2006, 5:01 PM Reply   
Dave Shrom,If you come to my house you can ride with me. Or what ever is easier for you.
Old     (jefflef)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-25-2006, 6:08 PM Reply   
I was wondering if anyone was going out in Bordentown this weekend. We are going to take our boat out either Sat. or Sunday (weather permitting)
George, how is your boat coming along?
Pops Lef
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       08-25-2006, 7:26 PM Reply   
We just got the fuel pump today. So we are looking at getting the boat back Monday. In the meantime it gives me more time to go riding on the dirtbikes.
Old    wakesk8nj            08-25-2006, 9:02 PM Reply   
Hey everyone! I'm relocating to central nj and will be looking for someone to wakeskate with. I have a 2006 sea doo and all the gear. If you are interested all that i ask is that you are prepared to pitch in for gas/ramp fees and that you have some experience driving a jet ski. bordentown or the shore are all possibilites. I can ride almost everyday during the week in the afternoon and also during the weekends. Email me if you are interested at andrew@lines-end.com. Hope to hear from you.
Old    wakesk8nj            08-25-2006, 9:09 PM Reply   
PS....If anyone needs a third at b-town I'm available every day after 4 and all day on weekends. I have years experience running wakeboard boats and will treat your boat to a tank of fossil fuels. Email me at andrew@lines-end.com
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-26-2006, 1:25 AM Reply   
Dave Shrom, we might be screwed for Monday. Last night my buddy Ken called to say he can't go and now this morning my brother in law left a message on my cell that he can't go. So I have to find a 3rd who can legally drive.
Old     (jetpilotmss)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-26-2006, 1:26 PM Reply   
Jim,

I'm off next week and have a Mississippi Boaters Safety card. If I'm reading the DMV website correctly, since I am an out of state resident and have proof that I attended an approved Boaters Safety Course in another state.......I am exempt from the licensing requirement. Are there any other licenses I don't know about?

http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/info/pdf/marine/non-tidal_license-021606.pdf
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-26-2006, 4:30 PM Reply   
Scott,That would work. As long as you don't mind wakeboarding behind a 18' sea ray bow rider with an outdrive and monster tower. If you up for it email me your cell # and I'll call you Tomorrow.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-26-2006, 4:31 PM Reply   
Dave Shrom we might be back in for Monday.
Old    shrom_in_the_609            08-26-2006, 8:52 PM Reply   
jim. i hope we are in for monday...i havent riden in so long..and yea i can meet you at your house if you like..i know where you live cause of your boatand wakeworld sticker on the bronco..so if we are still in wat time should i be at ur house
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-27-2006, 1:21 AM Reply   
Dave Shrom, I'll call you this afternoon from work.
Old    shrom_in_the_609            08-27-2006, 2:26 PM Reply   
jim, ok
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-27-2006, 6:40 PM Reply   
Andy,sorry I didn't get a chance to call you this afternoon but we will talk soon.
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2006, 2:08 PM Reply   
Hey everyone! Saw the pictures in Wakeboarding Magazine and I have to say...what a fine crew of riders!!

Wondering how you made out with the boat, George? I see you were supposed to get it back on Monday.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       08-30-2006, 3:13 PM Reply   
Should have had the boat back on Monday. The pump they sent was wrong. The place we got it from was closed on Monday, so we could not find out why we had the wrong one? After a few calls to Mastercraft to get this figured out we think we have the correct one coming. Seems in 2000 they made some mid stream changes on them. Pump should be here thursday but with the incoming weather 5"-8" of rain I see no boarding for this weekend. Hopefully next week!!
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-30-2006, 6:39 PM Reply   
Hey Jersey crew! I, as usual, find myself apologizing for not posting enough lately. I certainly read it all thte time but haven't punched the keyboard recently.
Anyway, that is soooo cool that the house boat crew SCORED! Kevin, is there anything you'd like to say about the conditions? I was thinking of you guys while I was in Wisconsin. I was pretty much jealous of you guys, getting to ride...and ride...and ride...and...you get my drift. I wish I was out there!
And it was cool seeing our get together in WakeBoarding mag! The world will see that the Jersey crew is laying it down and living the dream. And as I said before, we've got a great platform to sping into the next event.

And I am looking to wakeboard all I can the next few weeks. Of course, I am travelling every weekend, so if people are heading up weekday missions, please consider my application to be a third (or fourth of fifth as the case may be). Hate to sound like a diva, but it's all I have to work with!
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-31-2006, 2:03 PM Reply   
hollar-
george Everytime i look at the weather channel the storm path moves a little more west. Maybe we have good enough karma to keep pushing it that way so it is sunny for us this weekend.

Oh yea the house boat was good stuff.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-31-2006, 6:52 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear about the boat George! Hope it gets fixed soon because Michele and I would love to get in a wakesurf session sometime before the end of fall.

Speaking of fall, I hate to say it but I've noticed the change of temp & weather!! man, fall of is rapidly approaching, but just like last year we'll continue to board until it's too cold, which if memory serves me right, we (not me but you all in April) were boarding in 58 degree water!!

Oh yeah, the houseboat trip ROCKED!!!!
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       09-03-2006, 6:37 AM Reply   
Anybody been near the river lately after this rain?

I see the water temps are down to 65.
http://delawareriver.net/temp.php
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-04-2006, 5:32 PM Reply   
Calling all house boat roomies! Does anyone have any pictures they can send me they may have taken of Connor, Alex, or myself wakeboarding from the houseboat trip? I looked at every pic posted on the WakeboardNJ.com site and not a one of us. :-(

I can't believe it's september already! Is it time to get the drysuits out?? I have past pictures of Alex wakeboarding as late as Nov 1st in his dry suit.

I'm still thinking of last Monday on the last day of the trip getting in the last pulls on miles and miles of glass (yes, GLASS), water 130 feet deep. The scenery was beautiful! It was surely a good trip.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-05-2006, 12:01 PM Reply   
Doreen, Someone must have some pics of your crew. I just took my 2 waterproof disposable cameras to get developed today. Most likely won't have them back in time for the weekend. (not even sure what pics are on them except some shots from the tube, which I hope come out okay)

Anyone hitting the river this weekend? I'm going to try and get my crew out there sunday. Weather looks good so far, partly sunny high of 80. Water temp a bit cold, 67! BBrrrr. May need to break-out the wetsuit.

Jim, you should drag your boat up and bring the whole family. I'd like to see your daughter ride.

Anyone else? George & crew? Brian & crew? Alex, Doreen? Justin & Michele? Woody? Hello............is this thing on?
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-05-2006, 6:47 PM Reply   
Hello there!!

The water is not bad on the delaware, Michele and I went out with Brian & Annette on Monday and the first initial plunge hits you, then once you get warmed up you're good.

I will not be around Saturday as Notre Dame is playing Penn State and I'll be in PA watching the game with a few buddies of mine. Michele is heading out with Brian and Annette I believe.

Hope you all have some good weather..

Oh, Doreen, the only time I had my camera was on Monday (last day) where I took pics of connor & kyle boarding.. I sent them to Kevin and he is going to post them...
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-05-2006, 7:45 PM Reply   
We were all pretty surprised of the good conditions on Monday, considering all the rain.

As Justin mentioned we are heading out Saturday for sure and its looking like we are shooting for Sunday also.

The Houseboat trip looked like a great time!
Old     (rider)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-05-2006, 8:33 PM Reply   
Hey everyone, I can't say I've stayed true to wakeboarding this summer. I haven't been on my board for at least a month, because I've been spending most of my weekends at the shore body surfing in the ocean.

Is anyone going out on the Delaware Saturday that I can get a ride with?
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       09-06-2006, 11:14 AM Reply   
We are shooting for sunday. So maybe we will see you guys out there. I think the temps are going be in the 80's.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-06-2006, 4:18 PM Reply   
Justin H, I’ll give you a call tomorrow for Saturday. We have a football game Saturday morning, so our arrival time at the river may vary.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-06-2006, 5:54 PM Reply   
Well, Laura and I just celebrated our 20th anniversary today! WOW, time flies when you're having fun! We've done so many things together, been so many places and met so many great people. I love her more today than ever, and look forward to 50 more wonderful years!

Happy anniversary, Laura! I love you! XOXOXO

(Message edited by njskier on September 06, 2006)
Old     (jefflef)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-06-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
WOW!! Great houseboat Pics on http://wakeboardnj.com/. My favorites are of Michele!! oh and Justin, but I'm a little prejudice . Kevin, I'm glad you were careful in pic. 103 and jumped a "low no ake" buoy. Doug and Kevin -those rail starts are awesome but dangerous for Dorene. pic.93 (looks like Kevin's going to give Dorene a heart attack!:-). Dorene is much calmer when Alex is there to give Doug his blessings. pic 218!! Doubles, Dave & Kyle (nothing better than riding with your kids), Michele & Justin,(couples) Doug & Kevin???LOL I agree with Dave, nice air Connor!! pic. 0808 Glad all had a good time!!

Congrads to Justin on landing the 360!!!!!

Happy Anniversary Dave & Laura!!

We hope to be on the Delaware Sat. and/or Sun. Any thing planned?? Dave & Laura's 20th Anniversary on the river??

Mom & Pops Lef
(Donna & Jeff)
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-07-2006, 6:30 PM Reply   
We are definitely shooting for sunday. Sounds like George & family will be there, Jeff L. and maybe Eustace & family will make a repeat trip then too. Michele, you in for riding 2 days back-to-back?

Haven't heard from Jim B. or Alex & Doreen yet.
What's cookin' guys?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-08-2006, 12:07 PM Reply   
Hey everyone I have been working a bunch of crazy hours and the only days I had off it rained like crazy. I did make it out last Monday with Scott and Dave Shrom. We had a good time. Today I start my 7 days off. I will be in Ocean City Sat and Sun. We are going down to spend time with my in-laws. Do you still do the Tuesday night rides? If so I would like to finally come out for that.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-08-2006, 1:09 PM Reply   
Jim, sorry but I'm not doing tuesday nights anymore because it's getting dark earlier and work has gotten busier now too.

Hopefully you can ride with us sometime soon. I'm free on most fridays too.

Have fun at O.C.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-08-2006, 8:55 PM Reply   
With the houseboat trip and vacation, and the subsequent recovery from the houseboat trip and vacation, I
haven't posted here in over two weeks. And we're already a week into September! Where has the Summer gone...

For a quick quick review, the houseboat trip was a fun roadtrip and a great time with good friends.
Thanks to all for the spontaneous birthday cake, the group signed card and the "Happy Birthday" sing along.
It was a very unique place to celebrate my birthday. And eating a burnt match head with my cake was
all part of the experience!

Has anyone here checked-out that Boat Buns thread? As I was quickly skimming through it I noticed that
a couple of the people posting referenced this thread! I think they were commenting on how it's easier to
read a really long thread when it's full of pictures of females. Sounds like sound reasoning to me.

On to more topical news, despite the weather being a pinch on the questionable side for this Sunday,
Doreen and I are planning to be at Bordentown by 8:00am with the Super Air. Of course, if the weather forecast
worsens by Saturday night our plans may change, but we really want to go and we're hoping for the best.
If anyone wants to check our status, call or text me at ANY time.

Finally, last weekend the tail end of Hurricane Ernesto passed over New Jersey. After munching out with
Kevin and Karen at Frankie's on Saturday afternoon, here's what I came home to at 60 Sylvia.
This was taken about 45 minutes AFTER dead high tide and the water is only about 8" below the top edge
of the bulkhead. I also shot some video of this super-high high tide. That's why I'm holding the video camera.
Upload
Old    The Original            09-12-2006, 11:06 AM Reply   
The thread was dipping below the 'nominal-no-post-date-level' so I figured I would post something. We all know this will blow up again when we can't ride no more!

Sun was a fun day! Good to see everyone again. A few of you got to see us riding the Roam, and a few got to ride it too! GO SEE CRAIG, end of season and I think he'll cut us some deals! The river is starting to get cool though only 70degrees. We gonna have an end of the season get-together or something? I thought I heard mention of a party soon when we were chillin at the ramp?

web news...be on the lookout, I should have the new page design for http://wakeboardnj.com up Wed/Thursday this week. Then pics and articles to come later!
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-12-2006, 12:42 PM Reply   
What an awesome weekend!! We had an amazing day of riding on Saturday...conditions were perfect..plus, Annette gave me the perfect hair cut at the bordentown ramp. If she could do it at the ramp, with wind blowing and me sitting on an uneven park bench, I can truly testify to the fact that she is great...and it looks like I will be driving to Doylestown from now on for a good cut. Thanks again!!
Then seeing everyone out Sunday was fun. Even dear, old Dad was out there...first surface 360...so proud!!
Speaking of Dad...Happy 50th Birthday!

Kevin, the Roam looked really sweet!! Hopefully I can get a closer look next time.

Also, Justin and I started watching the video from the houseboat trip we took. Turns out it wasn't broken, just the battery...So we are getting an adapter to hook it up to a USB port so then clips can be put on http://wakeboardnj.com soon.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-12-2006, 7:12 PM Reply   
I must say that watching that video brings back some great memories of the trip. We finished it tonight and were laughing, getting nostalgic, and wondering where the pics Doreen took while we sang Saturday night on the houseboat were never posted?

The video is a prime example of how great friendships are born and how lucky we all are and how much we all enjoy each other's company!

Now I need to find an adapter so I can get it on the PC and upload it! I'll work on that this week(end).

I will not be able to go out Saturday, as my sister has asked me to come up and help her paint. With her sickness, she's had to make to unfortunate decision to perhaps start looking somewhere closer to my parents to help take care of her and the kids.

I'll keep you all updated! Oh yeah, boarding on Sunday was a ton of fun as usual!
Old     (rider)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-13-2006, 1:22 PM Reply   
I know it's only mid-week, but I am wondering if anyone is going out on Sunday and willing to give me a pull?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-14-2006, 3:41 PM Reply   
Hey everyone! I currently have no internet service, so I am on my mom's computer (dial-up)

I am planning on going out sunday morning, weather permitting. Looking for a third, fourth, etc. Please call me on my cell. I won't be checking in here after this, and my internet service won't be fixed until sometime next week.

Hope to get together with some of you this sunday.

-Dave
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-14-2006, 8:13 PM Reply   
Doreen, Connor and I are working towards another 8:00am start time in Bordentown this Saturday. On the boat
with us will probably be Charles, Michele and possibly Pops Lef. But I'm not sure just how long our guests
are going to be hanging out. Thus, we may have a late morning opening or two if any one else is going to
be around. Who knows? I may even be wearing this shirt again!
Upload

After my second run last Sunday and while standing on the swin deck, I noticed that my 2004 Temet
is begining to delaminate. Kevin was going to bring it home and Gorilla Glue the shiz out of it, but I
forgot to give it to him at the end of the day. Thus, I'll be riding my old Belmont this weekend. However,
I spoke to Craig the other day, and he's going to Surf Expo this weekend. We he gets back we're going to
talk again and I may have a very cool, very new board by next weekend. Yes, Doreen will probably hit me over the
head with it when I bring it home, but what's a few lumps and knobs if I have a new wakeboard?!

The vernal equinox is next Saturday boys and girls. The weather is changing and this season's rapidly
coming to an end. I've already made the appointment with my mechanic to have the Super Air winterized!
We have to make these last few weekends count. It's going to be a long off season.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-15-2006, 1:12 PM Reply   
News Flash: The weather forecast for tomorrow continues to deteriorate. Saturday's Bordentown run may
end-up being cancelled and replaced with an early morning Sunday run instead. I'm just going to wait and see
what the weather looks like tomorrow morning. Call me if you need me.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-15-2006, 1:31 PM Reply   
Alex, there's no doubt that sunday will be the better day for weather. Looks like some sunshine and a high in the low 80's. I'll be there between 8-9am. Still looking for a crew. :-)

BTW, my computer is back up and running.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       09-15-2006, 3:37 PM Reply   
We will probably be out Sunday after lunch.

How did you fare with the rain Alex? It looks like Manahawkin got hit hard from the news.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-15-2006, 8:59 PM Reply   
Hey all, I'm working the next 2 weekends but have off the following 2. So hopefully the weather will hold so I can get together with you all soon.

GO EAGLES! Giants suck!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-16-2006, 5:32 AM Reply   
It is 8:30am saturday........and raining! :-(

I will be at Bordentown sunday morning between 8-8:30am for those who want a pull. I will need to leave around 2:00 to take Kyle to his soccer game, but we can still get in 5+ hours of riding.

Jim, when is your next friday off? Maybe we can hit the water then?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-16-2006, 11:23 AM Reply   
Dave my next Friday off is the 29th of Sept.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-18-2006, 10:04 AM Reply   
Jim, maybe we can grab some people to ride with on friday the 29th.

Awesome day on the river yesterday with Jeff L., Eric and Luke. Jeff, I don't know how you ride that foil, I tried it and it felt like standing on two 2X4's with marbles under them! :-)

Nice seeing everyone out there yesterday. Nice flat water in the am.

Today it's going up to 86 degrees! Wish I had a crew this afternoon!

Looking ahead.....I'm going to the Annapolis boat show on friday Oct. 13th. If you've never been to it, it blows away all the other shows in our area. (It's an in-water and on land boat show) Usually see MC, CC and BU there, possibly Centurion too. If anyone wants to call in sick that friday, I'm going alone so I have plenty of room in the 'burban.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-18-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
Dave I'm off that whole weekend 29th,30th and 31st. As for the boat show I'm working that whole weekend. I would like to go to that show one year.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       09-18-2006, 3:56 PM Reply   
Hey Dave we missed you. We did not get out until 1. We met up with Alex and Brian for a little chat in the cove. Water was a little chilly. Lots of boats by the time we got out but still made the best of it.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-18-2006, 5:24 PM Reply   
George, sorry I had to leave at 2pm for Kyle's soccer game. We got enough riding in though. Actually it was best in the morning before all the other boats/jetskis (homo-chariots) came out.

Hope everyone had a good day! It would be nice to get some more warm days like that again. :-)
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-18-2006, 7:10 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-18-2006, 11:32 PM Reply   
Alex, WOW that sucks!

I wish I had the knowledge/equipment to help you out, but that looks too extreme even for our talented "NJ riders crew" :-(

I feel bad for you, buddy. On the bright side, your super-air was safe and sound on the trailer and eventually you'll have a new bulkhead and dock! It will only add value to your waterfront home.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-19-2006, 7:05 PM Reply   
Here's some info about the ramp in Florence, NJ.

Annual permit.........NJ resident...$50
Daily permit..........NJ resident...$10

Annual permit....out-of-state resident...$500!
Daily permit.....out-of-state resident...$50!

I may be switching to this ramp next year.
Paved parking, no mud or dust.
Dock/ramp are good at dead low tide.
18 parking spots for truck/trailers.

There is also a deli and a pizza place close to this ramp.

You PA guys may want to check into the ramp at Neshaminy state park. (Eustace, George) I've launched there before, it's a good ramp with a very large dock.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       09-19-2006, 7:10 PM Reply   
I have used Neshaminy park before but it gets crowded sometimes and it can be a real pain. The ramp we use now might have 1 person so basically no wait. We do pay $400 a year but it worth not haveng the hassle of lines. It also includes storing the boat there but we take ours home.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-20-2006, 5:44 AM Reply   
Well we managed to get our game played in between the rain drops last night, thus clearing the way for wakeboarding on Saturday!!

We are planning on hitting B-town some time in the AM and doing a little Smokey Joe BBQ later in the day… The forecast looks like 78 and mostly sunny, not too many days like this left in the season.

Who’s in???

PS – Alex please leave your lawn mower and week whacker at home, thank you
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-20-2006, 3:45 PM Reply   
We have a family picnic on saturday, but I'm looking for riders on sunday morning. Hoping to start at 8am and ride until 1pm. (soccer game at 2pm)

Anyone in? Give me a call.

BTW, I talked to Russ on the phone today. He's been very busy this summer with the house remodel, and now up to his eyeballs with school work. He may not have a chance this season to ride.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-21-2006, 3:27 PM Reply   
Looks like JB has advanced after the first heat at the WWA Worlds! Congrats Jeff!!!
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       09-21-2006, 4:02 PM Reply   
Today's Philadelphia Inquirer had a big write up on JB today. Nice color shot of him doing a Raley. Gave a little bio of his life and how he started. Online version does not hace pics that I can see.
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/local/15568226.htm
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-21-2006, 4:14 PM Reply   
George, very cool write-up! Thanks for sharing.

Now I REALLY want to ride this sunday!
George, are you going out this weekend?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-21-2006, 8:42 PM Reply   
Ok, I'm going to whine a little bit, but I promise, I'll be brief. First, my eff'ed-up bulkhead has me
pretty bummed-out. It's just been too big of a problem to just shake off. Second, I have an on going traffic
court situation which has also had me aggrevated. These two issues have just really had me not
being myslef lately. That's it. The self-pity has ended.

Now onto the important matters at hand. I have one calendar that says the first day of Autumn is Friday,
and another calendar that says the first day of Autumn is Saturday. So, though I'm not sure exactly
when the 2006 Autumnal Equinox offially occurs, I AM SURE that the Morning Fall Freezeride and the Afternoon
Equinox Eatfest are going to happen THIS Saturday in Bordentown! As usual, Doreen, Connor and I are
planning to launch early and get as much of that early morning butter as we can handle. With Kevin and
Karen off at some undisclosed romantic hideaway celebrating their anniversary, as of right now, it's just
going to be Doreen, Connor and I in the Super Air. And with the water temps in the mid and lower 60s
LAST weekend, I'm thinking neoprene neoprene neoprene will be the vocabulary word of the day.

Is there going to be entirely too much food again for the Afternoon Autumnal Equinox Eatfest? With
the off-season fast approaching, I hope so! I'll have a back-up baby grill in the van
just in case there isn't enough room on the Smokey Joe. I'll have a grill, but I won't have either of these:
Upload
Upload

Finally, big congratulations to JB for taking third in the masters division at The World's. Is JB the
friggin' king of cool or what??!!

Finally, does anyone have any ideas on how I can get the Wakeboarding Magazine's wakefest article on to
www.njwakefest.com ? I emailed Wakeboarding Magazine hoping to possibly get some sort of electronic
version I could use, or maybe a hyperlink to that specific article, but now one's written me back.
Old     (jefflef)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-22-2006, 8:29 AM Reply   
Dave Thanks. We had a great time on Sunday! If you need a third Sunday count me in!! I can bring the 2x4's and marbles, or other toys.Your boat or mine.

Donna and I are shooting for the Saturday BBQ!! What can we bring?

Perhaps we can all ride & anchor in one area. After my 30 second run I can anchor, sit in my rocking chair, take pictures, and watch all you youngins put on a show.

JB you made us Proud again!!

Kevin and Karen Happy Anniversary.

See ya soon
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-22-2006, 11:56 AM Reply   
Can't wait until tomorrow everyone! Going to be a great day of boarding, eating, and drinking with friends (and family...LOL). The forecast is looking great. So question: are we thinking full suit or still spring suits? I will probably bring both because if the challenge is there, I have to represent the females can do anything males can do. I know...except peeing while standing...yeah, yeah, yeah...

And last, but certainly not least, congrats JB!! As always, you do an awesome representing those from the "Garden State." It was great to read!!
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       09-22-2006, 7:49 PM Reply   
I think we are going Sunday. Have fun out there tomorrow.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-23-2006, 4:59 AM Reply   
Looks like the weather for today is real iffy.
Possible showers on and off during the day.
Sunday looks better, warmer (80+) with showers only later in the day. I'm going to aim for sunday myself. I may bum a ride with Alex and crew if he goes sunday.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-23-2006, 12:09 PM Reply   
Alex, I can scan and then email you that article if you want.
Old     (harlemice)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-24-2006, 2:52 PM Reply   
Hey everyone! Haven't been on in a while cause my computer is broken but wanted to say hi to everyone. Also letting ya'll know that on Wednesday I'll be heading to LA and then to Mexico City for two weeks of good old fashioned debauchery! So, needless to say, this may be the last time that anyone ever hears from me... just kidding i'll be back, hopefully all in one piece. But ya'll take care and maybe I'll see ya when I get back...I'll at least have some cool pics to post. Peace.
Old    The Original            09-25-2006, 11:30 AM Reply   
George, thanks for the link, I have posted it on http://wakeboardnj.com. The site as a few of you may have noticed has taken a real turn for the good! Just about finished too so the content will get much better as time moves on!

Been super busy, but will post more later! oh yea, was a little jealous of everyone this weekend, weather was reall nice, but Karen and I enjoyed some couples time together. Friday we got massages and saw Joseph Simmons (Rev Run from RunDMC) then gambled a little in AC. I had the best PorterHouse steak of my life too there at Gallaghers Steakhouse in the Resorts Hotel, 28 Ounces of Bliss!
We went Apple picking on Sunday, good times good times.

Anyone watch SNL last week with Tom Hanks...you may remember this skit called "Where's MA" hysterical! http://www.commonsense.wnymedia.net/Video/SNLtomHanksWheresMA...wmv
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-25-2006, 12:35 PM Reply   
I'm also jealous of you NJriders who were out this past weekend. Hoping we can all get together this coming sunday, as saturday looks busy for me once again.

I believe Jim B. will be with me sunday, but as you know I'm always looking for more riders to come along.

The bad news is there are not too many weekends left, and who knows how much longer until B-town pulls their docks. Come out sunday if you can!

(KG, did you guys bob for apples too? Remember the "apple bobbing" skit with the coneheads?)
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       09-25-2006, 1:43 PM Reply   
I doubt we will be riding this weekend. I am heading to Las Vegas for work until Friday. Wish I could wakeboard out there but we will be too busy. Then we are off to englishtown for a MX race saturday and hopefully sunday.
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-25-2006, 6:48 PM Reply   
Hey, I remeber all of you people!!

Man, it has been a crazy summer. I cannot wait until I don't travel through the summer months as frequently. Gosh, I might even get to ride with my fellow Jersey folks.

Thanks for the props about finishing third, definitely better than I should have finished. The guy who got second, Damien Klass, is my first inspriation to start riding competitively at wakeboard contests so it's awesome riding with him and hanging out. Also, Austin Landston, the 2005 Mens 2 World Champ and attendee of our wakefest, also was there and got 4th overall. he's a great guy and a sick rider.

As for the contest as a whole the wind reek havoc all week and definitely played a major roll in all the pro and amateur divisions.

Of course, the major talk of the weekend was about the Bill Doyle situation.

Off to Singapore tomorrow afternoon for another event...this time I better ride at least during the practice day..to go half way around the world to a wakeboard contest without riding would be totally lame!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-26-2006, 7:40 AM Reply   
Yeah, I was going to go to Singapore this weekend too, but it was a toss-up between Singapore or shuffling
around the Manahawkin flea market with Doreen to look for a new nautical theme kitchen clock.

You know where I'll be this weekend...
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-26-2006, 12:07 PM Reply   
I was going to go to Singapore this weekend too, but I would rather be on the Deleware with my buddy Dave W. I got to get my wet suit out cause the water looks cold. I have not been out in almost 4 weeks. Boy I'm gonna be sore on Monday.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-28-2006, 9:16 PM Reply   
Well, with it being too late to hop a plane to Singapore, it looks like Doreen and I are going to postpone
our trip to the Manahawkin flea market this Saturday and instead head to Bordentown for some early morning
cold water boarding. At this point it's going to be me, Doreen, Justin, Michele and maybe Charles.
Three to four riders makes for a good rotation, and hopefully we'll all get some good riding in before the
midday boat traffic ruins the water. Who knows? Maybe we'll even do some post-riding grilling! While JB's
in Singapore dining on Moo Goo Guy Cat and Sweet and Sour Sharpei, will be in Bordentown chewing on turkey
dogs, potato salad and Michele's famous cup cakes!

And finally, it was a good time last weekend out on the river in The Super Air with me, Doreen, Connor,
Brian, Annette, Justin Haworth and Justin's girlfriend Erin.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-29-2006, 2:29 PM Reply   
Howdy all,
Been kinda quiet around here...that's cool though we keep on boarding!

There is a remote chance I will be dipping the MC into the Deleware on Sunday...barring the weather holds out...not looking good right now.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-29-2006, 3:59 PM Reply   
KG, I have extra room in mine for sunday if it's just you and the Mrs. (and we need more people)

No need to tow your here if you don't want to.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-30-2006, 7:25 AM Reply   
I just wanted to be on this post somewhere.`
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-30-2006, 5:32 PM Reply   
Paul...NICE!

Well we stayed home, so no Bordentown for us this weekend but that's ok got some much needed work completed, plus I maintenanced and fired up the backpack blower and mulcher Karen's mom's impending leaf cleanup that is not to far away! everything works by the way!
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-01-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
I hope everyone had a great weekend,, got to get it in while ya can.

I came across this pic of Pug Daddy from a couple week ago,, it just got me laughing so I thought I’d share..
Upload

Paul, cool of you to check in!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-01-2006, 11:36 AM Reply   
Gotta protect those eyes!

(Can dogs get cat-er-acts???)

Eustace, still waiting for the pic of him with a cigar and a deck of cards!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-01-2006, 8:14 PM Reply   
is Louie's them song....I'm to sexy???

That dog is HOT! grrrrrr