Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (hsmunoz)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-03-2005, 8:02 PM Reply   
hi folk, just wanting to make sure I understand some of the lingo used here

"XXft off", does this mean the length of rope from the tow point,(either the tower or the ski tow) or is it measured from the back of the boat?

is there a place where I can read up on all the terms, "rampy, peaky, landing zone, etc.

thanks
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-03-2005, 8:15 PM Reply   
Henry, yes the XXft off does refer to the length of the rope from its tow point. Some will include the handle also in that measurement, some wont.
As far as where to learn terms and lingo. Stumped on that one.. Sorry
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-03-2005, 9:41 PM Reply   
what do you want to know dude? A rampy wake is a wake that has more of a gradual transition from bottom to top. A peaky wake is going to be sharp at the top and usually pretty steep. When asked how "far out" I ride, it's usually 80ft. That breaks down to 75 feet of main line + a 5 foot handle.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-09-2005, 5:22 PM Reply   
That about summs that one up!

Anymore questions?
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-09-2005, 10:22 PM Reply   
well I have the most important answers for you
1) When I say I am drunk it means I am wasted right now but remarkably spelling very well

2) When I say I am naked right now it means I am in the nude, about to go to a party, and feeling extremely comfortable in my natural state

O and I love you all
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-10-2005, 5:17 AM Reply   
BK Nice Profile pic, Hot!
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-10-2005, 2:50 PM Reply   
THank you I try to keep everyone happy, and if my last post was retarded or offensive I am sorry I was inebriated as I said
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-10-2005, 4:42 PM Reply   
Some drunk dial, you drunk wakeworld