Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-31-2003, 8:04 AM Reply   
I just bought some audio formz 6x9 boxes for my tower. I havent put my speakers in them yet, though, because i still dont know how i am going to mount them on the tower..

Does anyone have these mounted on your tower? if so how did you do it. i want to be able to get them on and off farely easy.
Or does anyone just have suggestions for mounting?
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-31-2003, 8:21 AM Reply   
I have the sub "box", but I haven't installed it yet.

For the 6x9's on the tower, I'd go with the Ryno-Gear quick release brackets.

http://www.ryno-gear.com/
Old    sickboy            03-31-2003, 10:32 AM Reply   
Sid-
I just picked up a pair of those boxes too, and have been thinking about how I'm going to mount them. I looked at the Ryno Gear mounts, and besides not having any pics of the universal mounts, they're $170, and for that price combined with the boxes, I could have just bought tower speakers. I think mine will probably end up semi-permanently mounted. I'm thinking right now about using U bolts with some rubber tubing over them so they won't rattle, and then put the speakers in after they're mounted to the tower. Nothing is set in stone, but I'm planning on mounting them this weekend, I'll post some pics up once it's done.

mb
Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-31-2003, 8:09 PM Reply   
i went and looked around the hardware store and this is what i came up with for tower mounting hardward on those audioformz boxes.
I put one together tonight. Here are some pics. Oh and i got everything i needed at the hardware store for $32 the most expensive things were the black Nobs @$4 a piece. Then I also bought the velt padding for $4 to pad everything that came in contact with the speaker box (bottom of the washers where they go against the box, and inside of the pipe hanger where it will clamp on the tower). I even put a strip where it would sit up against the cross bar on the tower.

I havent put them up on the tower yet, but so far they look sweet....i hope they do good up there!
Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-31-2003, 8:17 PM Reply   
oops! hit "post" before i uploaded the other pics.

Old     (ocrider)      Join Date: Dec 2001       03-31-2003, 10:48 PM Reply   
Mark,

I apologize for not having pics of the Universal mounts. Basically the Universal mounting plate is 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" with 8 holes available for various mounting options. There are 4 countersunk holes that are covered by the bracket, and then there is a hole in each corner that can be used with heavier boxes.

The price is $149 for black/clear anodized and $20 additional for hand-polished. I can also make them available unfinished if you would prefer to anodize, powdercoat, or polish them yourself.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me directly at ryan@ryno-gear.com

The real advantage (and often overlooked) feature of quick-release brackets is that when you go back to your boat in the morning, you know that some jerk hasn't walked off with your expensive speakers becaue you just pulled the pin and stuck them in the back of your truck overnight!

Hope I can help.

Ryan Delany
http://www.ryno-gear.com
Rynogear Wakeboarding Accessories
Old    sickboy            04-01-2003, 8:02 AM Reply   
Ryan-
Thanks for the info, I was looking for something quick release at first, but I don't really need it since I keep my boat indoors. Besides, it looks like Sid made a removable bracket for about $100 less than yours. Don't get me wrong, I think you make a great product, and if the situation was different, I would probably buy a pair of yours, but again, once I paid for the boxes, and the speakers, if I bought your mounts, I could have picked up one of several different tower speakers out there (which already have the mounts).

Sid, those looks really nice!!

mb
Old    jakke            04-01-2003, 5:30 PM Reply   
do you guys know of any other boxes or housings made for 6x9 or 5 1/4 speakers?
Ryan- I heard you made some that come with the quick release, what was the price on those?
Old     (ocrider)      Join Date: Dec 2001       04-01-2003, 9:19 PM Reply   
Mark,

I completely understand. My products aren't for everyone and if you aren't concerned about theft or removing the brackets, the quick-release isn't necessarily a good feature for you!

Jake,

I have speaker canisters available and you can check them out along with the pricing at http://www.ryno-gear.com/speakersale.htm

If you have any questions feel free to email me directly at ryan@ryno-gear.com

Ryan Delany
http://www.ryno-gear.com
Rynogear Wakeboarding Accessories
Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-03-2003, 12:34 PM Reply   
here is my box on the tower.... they worked out perfect...
of course they are not as "quick" as ryno's quick release but it is pretty damn fast to take on an off.
Old    sickboy            04-03-2003, 4:55 PM Reply   
Looks really nice Sid. I'll be working on mine this weekend, so hopefully I'll have some pics on Monday.

mb
Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-06-2003, 4:10 PM Reply   
Mark,
How did the speaker mounting go??
Old    sickboy            04-07-2003, 10:10 AM Reply   
Well, I ended up just using the U bolts, with some rubber hose over them to prevent rattling. I haven't mounted them yet, I'm in the process of re-doing my entire stereo, and the tower speakers will be last up. They look really nice though, I'll get some pictures up in a couple of days. I'm hoping to finish up everything by Thursday, so I'll get some pics then.

Have you been out riding since yours went up? Can you hear while riding?

mb
Old    audioformz            04-08-2003, 2:35 PM Reply   
Hi Guys,

This is Ronnie with AudioFormz, Inc. I was checking out my webtrends report and noticed quite a bit of traffic coming from this site so I thought I would check it out! Let me start off my thanking all of you that have purchased our AudioFormz enclosures. We appreciate all of the positive comments and are happy to see you are putting our products to great use...Jammin! I like what you all are doing with our enclosures. Great pics too! You guys have some very interesting ideas. We have received alot of questions and suggestions about making enclosures and/or clamps for wakeboard towers. Due to this interest and demand, I wanted to let you all know that we are in the developmental stages of a new enclosure designed for wakeboard towers. These enclosures will be designed to hold midbass drivers, 5.25" and 6.5" coax speakers, and also component sets. We welcome any suggestions or comments you may have concerning this enclosure or any of our products. Also, feel free to send pics of your installs and boats. You can send emails to info@audioformz.com or call us if you like at 888-254-2826. We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks again.

Keep Jammin,

-Ronnie Cherry
www.audioformz.com
Old    audioformz            04-08-2003, 3:10 PM Reply   
Hey Sid,

I like what you did with the audioformz enclosures! How did the mounting go? Any problems? How do they sound? If you have anymore pics, could you please email them to info@audioformz.com? We get a lot of calls about this application and your pics would be a great way to show people how our enclosures can be mounted. Mark, I'm looking forward to seeing your install as well.

Keep Jammin,

--Ronnie Cherry
www.audioformz.com
Old    indo            04-08-2003, 3:10 PM Reply   
ronnie
i just got my sub insatlled in one of your enclosures and it is sweet. u guys have awesome customer service. my wife ordered the enclosure for my birthday and had no problems. she said the girl that she ordered from was super nice and helpful. thanks
Andya
Old    audioformz            04-08-2003, 3:18 PM Reply   
Hi Indo,

Thanks for the positive comments. I'm glad you like it! I'll make sure to pass on your comments to Crystal, our secretary. She is great! If you have any questions, feel free to contact her or myself. Also, if you have any pics of your install, please send em to us. We are going to add an installation section on our website soon. Take care.

--Ronnie
www.audioformz.com
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-10-2003, 9:47 PM Reply   
Great work sid and support from Ryno and AudioFormz. This post and links to both sites have been posted to www.diyTower.com, which I am creating for those of us that are do-it-yourselfers with wakeboard towers and toyz.

Bill
Old    sickboy            04-11-2003, 8:42 AM Reply   
Here's some pictures finally

View of single speaker from front
single

a slightly blurry pic of one of the mounts.
mount detail

Here is the inside. I used loc-tite on the nuts to keep them from shaking loose
inside

And finally a view from the back. Once I pull it out, I'll get a view from the back so you can see both the speakers up there.
both- backview
Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-14-2003, 7:56 AM Reply   
mark,

Have you been out riding with yours yet? how stable were they??? we went out this weekend camping but i only had one speaker ready to go cause i have been hella busy...but this weekend they both should be up and ready!!

Thanks for the complements guys!!
Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-14-2003, 8:03 AM Reply   
By the way, i will post pic with them both up.

Oh and these boxes are the s$i@!!!!!!!!! they sound awesome! i have a sub in the back of my ride (4-runner)in a regular box....but i am thinking of get an audioformz sub box for my ride and for the boat if i can save some extra cash!

If any of you guys are looking for some stylish boxes that sound great out on the water, you should order some of these from Ronnie Cherry www.audioformz.com the chick that takes the orders is awesome she is way pleasant and nice!!

hey ronnie, can i get a discount on a few sub boxes???? :-)
Thanks for the great product!
Old    sickboy            04-14-2003, 8:20 AM Reply   
It's been raining here, so I haven't been out. Hopefully this coming weekend, but we just got 3 feet of snow in the Sierra's, so who knows. I am glad they're up, I'm getting a new bimini next week, so I know these will fit...
mb
Old    audioformz            04-14-2003, 3:04 PM Reply   
Hi all,

Love the pic Mark! Looks great! What clamps did u use? That black stands out great. Do any of you mind me using some of your pics on my website? I'm eager to see the other pics. Thanks for all positive compliments Sid. I'm glad you like your enclosures. I know you already took advantage of our clearance sale going on so what's this about discounts?? I'll be watching for your next order. Maybe I can throw in a surprise or something...

--Ronnie
www.audioformz.com
Old    sickboy            04-14-2003, 3:31 PM Reply   
Ronnie-
Feel free to use my pics. Once it stops raining and I can pull the boat out, I'll send you some more.

For the mounts, I just used some U-Bolts, and put some rubber fuel hose over them to grip the tower a little more. I did have to use a Sharpie to black out the lettering, ha!! It came out looking better than I could have ever thought, thanks for the compliments!!

mb