Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-22-2008, 11:23 AM Reply   
I've got a 2003 Centurion Elite V. It is plumbed with the center ballast and two rear bags. I am trying to figure a way to add ballast to the front, but the problem is I have not been able to find any bags that would fit under the cushions. That area on my boat is only about 6 1/2" deep under each of the three cushions. I have a 600lb bag i could just lay in the floor (between the cushions) and partially fill it, but I would prefer something out of the way. Any suggestions?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-22-2008, 11:41 AM Reply   
Our boat has the same deal, the playpen seating restricts height... we just used one of the big triangle bow bags, got in there, plummed it and it doesn't fill 100% but adds a solid 600/700 lbs
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-22-2008, 11:41 AM Reply   
Guess everyone is planning their DIY upgrade - 3rd ballast post from me in a day. I have an '04 Lightning so pretty much have the same layout. I put 2 550lb sacs under the bow seats - 1 on each side and partially fill them until they completely fill the void. One normal size sac will not be big enough to fill the void under your bow seats and a solo will also get kinked at the very front. You do not need that big of sacs for each side, but this is what I had leftover. You can get custom bow sacs in a v-shape to fit under the seats too which would make it easier to fill and empty with just one sac to fill instead of 2. I do not trailer my boat so pretty much keep the bow sacs filled all summer so filling and draining is not a big deal for me.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-22-2008, 11:54 AM Reply   
Custom sac from Fly High www.fatsac.com might be the best fit, but may not hold but about 200#-300# tho. You would only need 1 pump to fill/1 to drain. Very little work to plumb it in.

You may find 2 small sacs that will fit ok, other then that, your looking at lead or steel shot.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-22-2008, 12:08 PM Reply   
Need to fit a lot of weight into an area thats not very big? I only have two words for you: Pop Bags
www.pop-products.com