Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-25-2005, 11:43 AM Reply   
any shops in socal carry cwb? i wanna demo the 05 absolute as well as the transcend. please let me know!

thanks!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-25-2005, 11:50 AM Reply   
http://www.southerncaliforniawatersports.com
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-25-2005, 11:55 AM Reply   
thanks dave, but this is what i got when i clicked on that link.

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-25-2005, 11:59 AM Reply   
That's odd. I swear I've seen the site up in the past. Anyway, it's the same company as http://www.gotriver.com. However, I'm not sure what their physical address is. Anyone?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-25-2005, 12:18 PM Reply   
please post your experience after you ride Joe. I'm really curious to see what you have to say about the Transcend.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-25-2005, 12:21 PM Reply   
Joe ~ talk to some people at the boat show this weekend. I know a lot of local shops will be there. The one by my house Sports LTD carris CWB, but I'm not sure about demos. I do know that if you buy something from them and you don't like it they will give you store credit on the FULL amount.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-25-2005, 12:23 PM Reply   
Here you go. Names, numbers, anything else?

Chris and Josh at So-Cal Watersports in Murrietta. 951-304-3434
Tim and Pete at Ca Correct Craft. 951-479-9640
Endo’s in Long Beach. 562-434-1867
Chad and Todd at Watersports Warehouse in Fullerton. 714-524-8297
Brett and Bruce at On The Edge Watersports in El Cajon. 619-447-0447
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-25-2005, 1:51 PM Reply   
i see it already, Joe is coming over to the CWB Team :-)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-25-2005, 1:53 PM Reply   
yeah, the only bad thing about gettin' on a cwb is never hearing the end of it from a dork.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-25-2005, 2:02 PM Reply   
NOW Joe before you go buying new boards,I know you rode a Byerly before but you also said you rode the absolute.

IMO wait for a minute get to ride all defferent type boards and you can always try the Byerly again,Just throw your bindings on it and let it rip!!

I think Stefani said it right it's the combo x-2 and Absolute and you always kill it behind my boat even on your Blindside!

(Message edited by Big_Ed_X2 on January 25, 2005)
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-25-2005, 2:35 PM Reply   
Joe,
If you contact Josh at Got-river.com let me know.

He is in Murrieta,which is By Vail .

We can hook up and go out riding and you could demo the boards.
Erik
Old     (scws)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-25-2005, 2:40 PM Reply   
Joe,

We have demo boards ready for you...

Sorry about the site...the new one is being put this week.

We are in Murrieta, right where the 215 and 15 come together.

Call us at 304-3434.

Etco Marine will be at the LA Show for CWB...they are a great shop from Central Cal and are now in JP's old space.

We will be at the show for Jet Pilot. Be happy to bring you a Transcend to demo if you are coming up.

Thanks,
Josh
Old     (scws)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-25-2005, 2:48 PM Reply   
Joe,

www.southerncaliforniawatersports.com is pointing at our online store.

Let me know if we can help.

Thanks,
Josh
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-25-2005, 2:54 PM Reply   
how much do you charge to demo? is the money spent on demo applied towards the purchase of a new board?

do you carry liquid force? i'd like to demo the new sphynx, too, if possible.

thanks.

i'll be at the boat show...just dunno when. hopefully, i get a chance to meet you and your crew.
Old     (scws)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-25-2005, 3:50 PM Reply   
Joe,

Board demo is $10 and can be applied to purchase of a new board.

We are currently carrying CWB and Gator...looking to add a third brand for 2006.

Come on by and introduce yourself if you make it up to the show.

Josh
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-25-2005, 3:53 PM Reply   
The Trancend 138,which i demoed two days this week ,is not fast..its a board that takes at least three sets before you can figure it out(or at least for me it did) ..i was going to fully give it negative grade until my fourth sets in which i forgot i was riding it and it felt pretty good..

Its slow ,you have to cut a bit harder to go the same distance or you will case the wake especially toeside..it does have a smooth predictable pop mostly straight up like a byerly but not so abrupt..it does pop big when you lay it on edge through the wake..if you like a loose board this board will ride loose when your on top of it and it needs to be brought on edge more progressivly then usual or you will break loose a bit on sudden, hard turns towards the wake on your cut..once on edge while slow it is smooth and predictable ..

Overall a nice board but i like a board with more versatlilty like my old 03 Premier DNA 140 which i seem to be getting back on all the time bewteen other failed attempts at replacing it..However i think i finally found a board thats as good or better and i will be buying it the next week or so,the 05 CWB Absolute platinum.i like the look and feel of this board as well as it comes with two sets of center fins that you can use or ride it finless..So it has three choices for your riding style,unlike the transcend with no center fin and one set of outside fins...

well that is my take on it but like usual one person choice is not always anothers..

good luck
Old    waterdog2            01-25-2005, 6:10 PM Reply   
Joe, the guy's at S.C.W.S gave me an awsome deal on a 04 absolute. They really are awsome people!
Old    waterdog2            01-25-2005, 6:27 PM Reply   
FYI , $ 229.00
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-25-2005, 6:52 PM Reply   
Bill: That's pretty consistent with my experience on the Transcend. I think I liked it a little more than you, but all likes aside, the board was just too slow for me. It screwed with my timing a little. I did love the pop and the landings especially.