Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (turbojedi)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-15-2013, 12:06 PM Reply   
I have loved the Liquid Force Lyman and can not seem to find any, and if I do its only a matter of time before I can no longer get a hold of them. I'm wondering what Liguid force board they have now is close to the Lyman.. Thanks guys
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-15-2013, 1:01 PM Reply   
I transitioned from the Lyman to the Harley and found that the Harley was a great fit for my riding style. One of the things I look for the most is the responsiveness of a board through the transition (changing from hs to ts or vice versa). The timing off the wake is also similar while the edging is a bit different. I don't find the pop on the Harley quite as abrupt but it certainly didn't change the height of my jumps.
Old     (Wakeska89)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-15-2013, 1:23 PM Reply   
I have heard from an old lf pro rider that the s4 and Lyman are very similar shapes and somewhat based off of each other. The Lyman was his go to board but once it was discontinued he jumped to the s4 and felt right at home. I know some people would argue with me about those two boards being similar. I am just saying what I heard. I personally have never ridden the lf lyman. I do have an s4 though and I love it! it's fast, responsive, and poppy. I know a lot of people say the Harley is a great board for Lyman lovers too. Very similar characteristics. Maybe demo both if you can!
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-15-2013, 1:40 PM Reply   
Not sure about that S4/Lyman comparison.. before I switched to the Lyman I tried an S4.. the Lyman is really lose, the S4 is not at all.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-15-2013, 8:42 PM Reply   
Doing some research and will get back to you with a definite answer but I heard that the Lyman is already a board (under a different name) for 2013 OR it will be for 2014.

Let me get more of a confirmation
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-16-2013, 3:11 AM Reply   
I would try the Harley if I was you. I still have the Lyman, S4 and Harley. I switch between all of the boards just to mix it up but ride the Harley 90% of the time. The Harley is definitely my favorite of the 3.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-16-2013, 4:24 AM Reply   
I also switched from the Lyman to Harley a few years back...pretty similar rides, if you ask me.
Old     (turbojedi)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-16-2013, 5:54 AM Reply   
Thanks guys, I was looking at the Harley and it sure looked very similar in shape, fin placement. I have not seen the S4 but will look. Johnny I cant wait to hear what you uncover about the Lyman coming back under a different name...
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-16-2013, 7:29 PM Reply   
I replied to your others thread also. I have 2009 Lyman limited with the grind base in a 139 if your interested.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-17-2013, 6:08 AM Reply   
The s4 is not as loose as the harley. I also feel like the harley has a little more pop than the S4. If you look at the bottom of the s4, it has two additional small built in fins on each end. I think this makes it be less loose.