Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (davegold123)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-31-2007, 10:23 AM Reply   
how long does the rope have to be from the tower to the handle for the best wake
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-31-2007, 10:28 AM Reply   
Depends on your boat, how you have it weighted, and your riding speed. You'll have to ride it to find out.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-31-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
73.7 feet
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-31-2007, 11:11 AM Reply   
Yah, I had to make 2" loops so I could get my length just right
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-31-2007, 12:11 PM Reply   
Dave it all depends on boat, weight, speed, and ability. If you can clear the wake try 60-65, and then watch the wake and move farther out (most likely will have to speed up as well) until you're right in front of where the wake begins to peak. The longer the rope the more loft and hang time you will have, but also wider wakes to clear. If you're rocking a v-drive with weight, go farther out. comfortable range is probably 65-75ft, but don't rule longer out. I try and make it the length to where i go wake to wake on a strong cut, which means there's no laxin on any cuts, but saves your knees from the flats. Good luck, it will take some time to figure out whats best behind your boat.
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-31-2007, 1:50 PM Reply   
profile says bayliner....which only means you probably won't be able to do the longer line lengths....the wake just won't be there. so just start out at the closest loop at a comfortable speed that cleans the wake up (no wash or curl)...then go out five and speed...and then go out five and speed up...and then....well, you get the idea. good luck....
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-31-2007, 1:54 PM Reply   
My sons rope is 87' 7" from tip of loop to the handle
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-31-2007, 1:58 PM Reply   
J Rod knows best here. Gotta try it out.

You could start at 70 (ish) and work out from there.

We were just riding Matt's (Winans) boat and were at 80' behind his Bu. Could have easily rode 85 but we were too lazy to change it out.
Old     (guitsboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-01-2007, 6:44 AM Reply   
on an I/O, youre gonna be talking about much shorter rope distances. Start out at 60' with no extentions. See how the wake looks. If youre clearing it relatively easy and the wake is still clean behind you, add another 5 feet. Repeat till you find the perfect length.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-01-2007, 6:48 AM Reply   
My bad, should have read the profile. I'd go even shorter. 55' should be an all around good length.