Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-16-2010, 2:10 PM Reply   
What all waxes do you guys use on your boats when you buff them?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-16-2010, 2:42 PM Reply   
What are you trying to accomplish?
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-16-2010, 2:47 PM Reply   
Just want to buff the entire boat beofre it goes into the garage for the winter
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-16-2010, 3:07 PM Reply   
I'm sorry but do you mean a buffing compound or just wax?
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-16-2010, 3:33 PM Reply   
Went to a local boat dealer they are using #1 Polish mod# P-31 Car Beauty Pro Clear Coat Formula from BAF industries I think the website is prowax.com. They use a LV80C pad on an electric buffer I think the pad is cotton. I plan to use it but use the 3M Imperial Compound and finishing material first which is a rubbing compound. They use a wool pad VC-80C with the 3M stuff.
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-16-2010, 5:25 PM Reply   
A wool pad is normally used with the most abrasive of products, whether it is rubbing compound or polish. Unless you have deep scratches you are trying to get out of the gel coat, I wouldn't start with a wool pad. Especially if you do not have any experience with an electric buffer.

I have no affiliation, but this site has tons of info on detailing cars, that I have used in detailing my boat.
www.detailedimage.com
They have greats vids, writeups/tutorials on all the possible pad and polish combinations and to what detail each should be used for.
Old     (mortbike)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-24-2010, 11:42 PM Reply   
check out gel coat labs products , i use this on my houseboat twice a year, great product ...
Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-26-2010, 5:40 AM Reply   
I use a wool pad and 3m Restorer and wax, got it at west marine... My gel coat oxidizes pretty bad and a few hours with this set up and it looks new again... If I remember to wax it once a month it will stay that way, and that is in salt water so it pretty harsh.