Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (wakebums)      Join Date: May 2006       05-26-2009, 5:34 AM Reply   
I can say that I am totally sold on Slingshot now! The board and bindings are the best set-up I've ever had! From the first day I was getting better pop than I ever had and the bindings were really comfortable.. But they were a little difficult getting on and off.. Even my cousin who only rides Liquid Force put his board up to ride my board all weekend.. I just can't say enough.. Thank you guys who talked it up! It only took me two years to take the gamble to try it out.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-26-2009, 6:50 AM Reply   
Right on Gene, it's all about finding what equipment works best for your riding. I went from 3 yrs straight of riding and loving the Parks till I found myself on a CWB and haven't looked back since. I'm interested in trying out the flex style boards but not interested in SS Bindings. I rode them on a Roam and they were way to stiff for my liking.

PS
Post up some pics!
Old    steelethis            05-26-2009, 11:17 AM Reply   
I'm sold on the flex boards too. I snapped my one in half yesterday riding cable at Wake Nation Pete and the friendly staff encouraged me to go grab a board out of the pro shop. I snagged the Watson Press and loved it. Flex is legit! Especially on cable
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-26-2009, 8:32 PM Reply   
the PB Floyds and the Co bindings arent stiff at all, give them a go. You prob tried the D2 or D3's which are stiff.

The Co bindings are prob the best fit and most comfy bindings Ive had, previously I was on three generations of LF shanes.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-26-2009, 8:44 PM Reply   
good to hear the stoke.

ther are simple things that can be done to the boots to make them simpler. try shortening the laces or even making the laces one continuous lace system if that sounds good... if you have the drivers that is. with time you will get used to the boots though
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-26-2009, 9:22 PM Reply   
slingshot is all good until u realize that the board is pretty much worn through after a long season of riding thats at least what i have heard from everybody i know that rode a slingshot last year, no offense to any of you slingshot riders but that doesnt sound appealing, i know i am going to probably get reamed by all of you guys but everybody i know that rode a slingshot last year either switched back to a regular board since the slingshot was worn out or is riding a company!!!!!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-26-2009, 9:43 PM Reply   
My 07 lasted two years, and it did it better than any old style boards I've ever had.... pop stayed fine (maybe even got better when it loosed up a bit- break in), rails did nothing to it, all the edges stayed together.... everything was rock solid.

I rode it hard for over two years and only got an 09 because I found one for a good deal...

I've actually never heard 1 single person complain their SS was "worn through"
Old     (wakebums)      Join Date: May 2006       05-27-2009, 5:45 AM Reply   
Thanks guys! I did take one of the lace tensioner off of each binding to make it simpler. Their real comfortable, just difficult to get into at first.. But I can say this is the best set-up I've ever had! The funny thing is that I got the board off ebay for a $100.00 and the bindings for $150.00, and they were both brand new and from Canada. That was the only reason why I took the gamble.. It was last years model so I thought "what the hell". I know now that I will be getting the 2010 models.. As for me and my family, were sold on the flex boards. I cant wait to try it on the cable...