Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-16-2007, 9:55 PM Reply   
Well, i would like people to give me some pointers on how to ride better, iam working on TS. I can do it on other boards....but i need to learning the edgeing better.

Tell me what you see that i need work on, give me some pointers.

Video- http://youtube.com/watch?v=sgPdsl8shFk

thanks
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-16-2007, 10:37 PM Reply   
looks like your letting off a little before you release off the wake. Keep that edge strong and start further out if you can (couldn't see that part).

I like to croutch down a little and then stand tall when I release of the wake TS and HS. For TS tho, you need to not be afraid to get a little over your front edge as you are in the air. That keeps most people stable. Better yet, try and grab the board indy. It helps a little.

good luck and have the camera man follow you. It looks a lot better because you can see the entire trick from start to finish. :-) :-)
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-17-2007, 7:36 AM Reply   
Ok maybe you can help me with this.

I let off the edge early becasue the roam is so fast into the wake and i go out into the flats and it wrecks my knees and back (roam lands like a somebitch), so i try and go w2w.

Would it help if i took a smaller cut, put it on edge hard and got the pop w2w. Instead of going to the flats? or would i end up in the flats anyways?
Anyway i can get away from going to the flats but get good pop off the wake?

Thanks for the help!
Old     (kittjackson)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-18-2007, 6:51 AM Reply   
When you cut away from the wake, let the boat start pulling you back towards the wake before starting your cut. Always allow yourself the chance to edge harder at the wake rather than backing off your edge, if your going too fast. Really practice taking off right at the top off the wake, it looks like your a little early. Try to keep the handle closer to your hips, I can see your arms are straight. This will give you more control and pop. As far as your toeside, edging and handle position will help you alot. Sick board slidzzzzzz.
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-18-2007, 8:27 AM Reply   
Ok thanks.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-18-2007, 12:08 PM Reply   
not to be mean, but it's going to be hard because your wake is on the small side. You can still learn and have a lot of fun and work on skills (such as board slides) and toeside,etc. Don't expect to be getting huge air, though. When you land, keep on edge and edge on the same line away from the boat. you seem to get pulled over a lot on landing. work on toeside.
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-18-2007, 7:17 PM Reply   
You hurt my feelings!!!

Naw :-) ya, iam trying to work with what i got, iam just happy to have a boat.

I went out tonight, and hit toeside everytime, and landed a bunch of hs 180's. It was a good night.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-18-2007, 10:29 PM Reply   
I love to hear that. Thanks for updating us!

:-)