Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (rmbrinner)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-07-2006, 7:15 PM Reply   
What all does summarization involve, and how much do you typically pay for it?
Old     (drifter1136)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-07-2006, 7:23 PM Reply   
I don't know what in involves but I pay $50.00
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-07-2006, 7:32 PM Reply   
install battery, plugs and fuel --turn key
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-07-2006, 7:40 PM Reply   
aren't you supposed to have a full fuel tank as a part of winterization?
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-07-2006, 7:55 PM Reply   
Summerizing mine has always been included in the winterizing price. No extra charge for the summer start-up.
Old    greg_mercer            03-08-2006, 3:15 PM Reply   
You only need a full tank of fuel if you have an old boat and a metal tank, this is to prevent condensation in the tank. If you have a newer boat with a plastic tank its not a problem.

Greg
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-08-2006, 3:20 PM Reply   
Condensation can infact form inside plastic tanks as well. Condensation comes from the air left in the tank, not the tank material. This is why you fill the tank all the way up so that there is less air in the tank.

Summerizing for me is unhook the battery tenders and start the boat. Gotta love California.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-08-2006, 3:40 PM Reply   
gotta love NC to -- winterization for me is simply draining the block and exhaust manifolds -- but for "summerization" all you need to do is turn the key on... simple --simple -- it's amazing the money made from people that will not do things themselves..
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       03-08-2006, 4:18 PM Reply   
When I winterize, after all the water has drained out, I re-connect the hoses and put the cooling system drain plugs back in. Effectively, I "summerize" as the last step. The only thing I leave disconnected is the battery.

If you pay somebody to winterize, you can have them add this last step. Then your not paying for an extra service call, not to mention the hassle every Spring.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       03-08-2006, 4:37 PM Reply   
I would advise a new impeller and check your belts and hoses. All easy and cheap stuff to do.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-09-2006, 7:23 AM Reply   
I just "summarized" my boat last night... Anyway its different every year but basically do all your maintenance for the coming season either when you winterize or summarize. No one wants to do it when its nice!

This year I steam cleaned all the carpets, 303'ed everything, cleaned everything inside and outside the boat!
Installed new spark plugs (the old ones had 300hours on them) cleaned all spark plug wires, closed all petcocks, tighted all hoses, new alternator belt, new impeller, changed oil and filters, charged the batts and topped off the gas tank! Wualla ready to go tonight or tomorrow!