Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (spinner_x)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-19-2009, 10:11 PM Reply   
I'm looking at getting an 08 pair of Slingshot bindings and was wondering which pair you guys suggest and any tips on what size to get because there is unfortunately not a local dealer for me to try on. I'm an 11.5 shoe.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-19-2009, 11:37 PM Reply   
I'd say get the size 12

if you like a stiffer boot get the d2
if you like a more softer boot then get the PB Floid
Old    jps            05-20-2009, 6:14 AM Reply   
Ya I'm an 11.5 also and my toes were touching in an 11. Also the PB Floyds are super soft at least the ones that I rode were. It just depends on how soft and flexible you like your binding. I just ordered my Recoil and D3s yesterday.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-20-2009, 6:42 AM Reply   
Ive owned both (on PBs now, D2s were very recent too), personally the D2s are softer due to the elastic in them but I cant stand boots that are that tall. I switched to the PBs and they are the best thing ever. I like stiff and lower cut, definately a very responsive boot. I wear a 10.5 and got 11s in both. The 11 in the PB was definately a lil smaller than in the d2. So in your case go with the 12s for sure. I would definately heat mold them, but instead of 200 for 10-15 mins (tried it the first time and didnt do much) I did 15 mins at 215 and watched them closely. Its crazy how molded they are! And definately do one boot at a time letting each one cool at least 15 mins.

As for what Paul said, the 09 PBs are softer b/c they added the elastic like the d2s from 08. Like I said I have owned both, and the 08PBs are stiffer but lower cut. Can still bone out grabs like crazy, I just thought they were more responsive. }
Old     (spinner_x)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-20-2009, 7:45 AM Reply   
How low cut are we talking? I had tried on a pair of 08 ronix cells and didn't like how they dug into my shins due to how short they were.
Old     (wakebums)      Join Date: May 2006       05-20-2009, 8:03 AM Reply   
I just tried my PB's for the first time last night and oh man, their awesome.. I got the last years models to save money to see if I like them and I like them better than my last years Shane CT's. Their way lighter and more comfortable.. I did'nt slam my toes in these bindings.. LOL.. I hate that..
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-21-2009, 6:25 AM Reply   
they are about 1.5 inches lower than the d2s. IMO... perfection
Old     (jswake)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-21-2009, 11:05 AM Reply   
the 08 pb's aren't as good as the 09. the 09's are sick boots but if your set on getting a pair of 08 boots I would get a pair of D2's. and I would go with a pair of 12's cause you can heat mold it to your feet.