Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-01-2017, 5:33 AM Reply   
I always said in every post or thread how important the dealership is when you buy a new boat.
But now I just wanted to do a whole thread about how it's important.
Mostly because I see lot of people asking and there is very few info in here about that for this year.

I know how good deals can be pleasant with boats, with these prices it's obvious.
But trust me, saving few K and always be in the road is it worth? Hell no.
Thing is every boat you will spent 80k for will do what you want it to do. So begin your search with dealers that are near (1hour max away) can be a very good idea. And how they resolve problem.
This is not about any brand here, all brand have their problems and all boat have their "lemon".
And you know why? Because a boat is a boat. And this thing broke sometimes, just like that.

Thats why the dealership proximity and service should be your FIRST concern when you buying a new boat. No matter the brand and we all know it new brands in wakeboats are kind of similar. It's just personal choices and ego that comes up when arguing.
My dealer is great, excellent customer care, people are gentle but when it always take 3 weeks to fix a problem.. here boat season is not long enough to always wait. Sadly.

So check how they fix problems, how they make the job done.
Support small dealer can be greatful they trying to do their best but they are overwhelmed with jobs.
So when you see a dealer with plenty garage doors and some road mechanic that's a great impression. I wasn't thinking like that before I begin to have problems.
When the boat works fine everything is fine! But when sh*it happens that's the time you learn.

Dealer are very conservative too, when you bought a boat somewhere all dealer gonna say to you go where you buy it especially on warranty.
If you wanted to see your wife, why choose one in Africa!?
That's exactly the same thing, thinking you never gonna need to go at your dealer is a big mistake!
You will always need to go back for something.
Could be maintenance, issue, recall, warranty claim, inspection. Could be anything but when you buy a boat you are making sort of a 5 to 10years Wedding and even more if your experience is great! That's how important it is.

I hope my thread could help some people in their futur choices like wakeworld helped me when I needed info in the past.