Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old     (bspurr13)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-30-2004, 10:15 AM Reply   
Hello,

I need a tower for my new (to me) 1995 prostar 205..... But don't want to spend $2500 - $3000 (already spent enough on the boat). Considering Monster, but not sure about the looks - I hear it's a great tower though.... If anyone has a used tower in the $1000 - 1500 range, please let me know....

Thanks,
Brett
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-30-2004, 11:07 AM Reply   
Monster looks great on a PS 205, just match the tower color with the color of your windshield and it will look great.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-30-2004, 11:59 AM Reply   
Brett I could probably get you a Skylon swoop tower for about 1400 plus shipping.
Old     (whitewookie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-30-2004, 4:35 PM Reply   
I'm with you, not to stoked on the look of the Monster Tower but I hear it's a sweet tower. I do like the look, function and quality of the Skylon and 14 Hundy aint to bad.
Old     (ramhouse)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-30-2004, 4:39 PM Reply   
Check Ebay...there is a Skylon for 1,000.00..check mine it will look good on yours..item #3695735524
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-30-2004, 7:17 PM Reply   
Wakeside has Titan I towers in black for $1299. Titans look great on PS205's. there are also 10% discount codes out there for Wakeside.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-30-2004, 8:24 PM Reply   
Richard what tower do you have?
Old     (ramhouse)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-31-2004, 7:24 AM Reply   
Mine is a Skylon Swoop with custom legs..
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-31-2004, 1:52 PM Reply   
Richard is the one you are talking about yours the one that sold on ebay?
Old     (ramhouse)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-31-2004, 9:33 PM Reply   
No...
Old     (munky_flip)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-22-2004, 11:30 AM Reply   
I have monster tower on my supra. I love it, cheap, high quality, and works great. I am definately happy with the tower. I had nothing before and since the installation I have gone from barely clearing the wake to hs fs 3.
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-22-2004, 11:44 AM Reply   
Brett, check out Wakeside.com. they have a good selection of towers that will fit your boat at a wide range a prices.
Old     (pfleiger)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-22-2004, 12:12 PM Reply   
I had a Monster Tower on my Maristar and was not impressed. 1st, they are way too low. Get ready to bump your head on the tower speakers... 2nd, they take constant tweaking to keep everything tight. Bottomline, you get what you pay for. These towers are cheap for a reason.....they are junk.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-22-2004, 12:13 PM Reply   

Call JOHN @ Wakeside he will hook you up.

WWW.WAKEON.COM
Old     (michale)      Join Date: May 2004       09-22-2004, 1:00 PM Reply   
Joe,slow down.the monster towers are not junk!!! I helped install and ride behind one.Granted they are not the same quality as a tower twice the price but as you stated"you get what you pay for".But in my opinion with a monster tower you get more than you pay for.They are allot stiffer and stronger then then that of the more expensive competitors.Why do you feel the need bash a product on a message board where most of Monster Tower referrals come from.Of the 100 or so posts I have read on w.w. and w.b. every one that bought one raves about how good the tower is?.You seem to be the only dissatisfied customer of monster tower that I have read about.Did you contact bill at monster tower?.If at all possible I am sure he would have made you happy.....m
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-22-2004, 3:45 PM Reply   
Alright, I'll probably take some slack for this one, but I love my Big Air H2O tower on my Moomba. I personally think it looks better than the Monster tower, but I must admit, it does have some flex to it, though. What do you expect for $620?

Before anyone starts ragging on the H2O though, consider 1 thing first. Apparently Big Air designed the tower to have flex so that the stress it maintained within the tower, and not so much on the boat deck, like many other towers. Just what I've heard.

Anyway, I like mine.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-22-2004, 3:46 PM Reply   
But (and this is for Bond), I have to admit, I've heard way too many good reviews on the Monster Tower to think that it is junk.
Old     (munky_flip)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-22-2004, 9:38 PM Reply   
I have to defend joe and the monster tower at the same time. I had to buy bigger hardware to keep the tower stiff and I have check for loose nuts and bolts about once a month and maybe find one. Before I got the bigger hardware they were loose after every run. So Brett if you get the monster dont use the hardware (sorry i dont remember the exact name) they give you.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-23-2004, 12:49 PM Reply   
Joe,

I wish you had made your dissatisfaction known to me so we could have made you a happy customer. My worst fear is a customer that is not totally happy but never lets us know. I don’t know the details of what speakers you used or what the comparison is but other than the new 05 Tige tower which is really tall, nearly all other towers are within a few inches of each other in height.

We do occasionally have a customer that needs different hardware if theirs will not stay tight but it’s a very small percentage and there are various ways to take care of this if we are given the opportunity to help.

If this is resentment because we would not allow you to be a dealer, please understand I am absolutely strict about only allowing boat dealers that sell and service at least one major line of boats carry our products. It is certainly nothing personal. Nearly every other sales channel is adversarial to boat dealers and some even advertise “you should buy from us instead of your boat dealer because of . . .

We appreciate the value boat dealers add in installation and support of our product and I really appreciate them when I need work on my boat. I’m sure we could grow faster if we let anyone and everyone sell our product but I believe we have a better chance of having a happy customer if we can support them directly or if they can be supported by a boat dealer that likely knows their boat well.

Sorry that having our product was not a great experience for you. Were in our 16th month as a company and are learning every day. We are far from perfect but we are giving it all we got as the new kids on the block.

And Mike, you should not get any flack about Big Air Towers, their customers are really happy with their towers and since you like that look better you did awesome getting one at $620! We are similar companies working off of traditional business models and not “what the market will bear” type pricing.

Most of the time you get what you pay for, but sometimes you can get more than you pay for.
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-23-2004, 8:17 PM Reply   
Bill, I wouldn't worry too much about that load of garbage. Sounds exactly what you'd hear from a car salesman. I have heard nothing but but great things about Monster. I love mine and only have to re-tighten after I fold the tower down. Keep up the great work.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-23-2004, 8:28 PM Reply   
Rod is right.

22 post Joe,just don't know.

Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-24-2004, 1:17 AM Reply   
Brett,

Since you don't like the MT look, you may not like the Titan Series I tower look either since they are similar in style. The Titan tower is still different enough and is a top selling tower at Wakeside so you may want to take a look.

http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/titan_wakeboard_towers/series_i_titan_tower

Many really like the swoop look that Skylon and Pro Flight are famous for.

http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/skylon_wakeboard_towers/skylon_swoop_x_treme
http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/pro_flight_wakeboard_towers/pro_flight_swoop_tower

The three tower manufacturers mentioned above are the top OEM manufacturers selling towers in the aftermarket to fit any boat. All three of these towers are OEM quality and will look great on your MC. All three towers are quite a bit less than $2,500-$3,000. The Titan Series I is a bargain at $1,299. The OEM tower for your boat from New Dimension Towers would cost roughly $2,400 but would retain that original MC look.

Titan Series I is a custom made tower made to exactly fit your boat.
Skylon Xtreme is a universal tower like the MT.
ProFlight Swoop is an "Exact Fit" tower made from templates (Jigs).

Mike
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-24-2004, 2:34 AM Reply   
Brett,

I had a tower made for my Cobalt, and they did an excellent job. I took them a photo of the shape I wanted, and they did a great job. I believe it ran about $1500 installed (which they also did a great job with backing plates, etc.

The company is called Pacific Yacht Towers, and they are in San Marcos, so they are also close to you. (760) 744-4831.

E-mail me if you want a pic or 2.