Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (darinmg)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-19-2007, 9:38 PM Reply   
Starting my stereo install soon, and would love to see ideas for mounting EQ's and processors. Let's see the typical and creative install pics.
Old     (darinmg)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-21-2007, 4:32 PM Reply   
Nobody??
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-21-2007, 5:44 PM Reply   
Here are some pick's of a EQ dash mount that I made.
Sorry I dont have any real close ups of the finished product but you get the picture.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

The Material I used is a 2 part Epoxy. There is a Part A and a Part B you mix them together and it make a clay like material. You can shape it to what ever you want. It drys in about 24 hrs and you can sand and shape it. You can even drill and tap it it's pretty strong.
Old     (darinmg)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-21-2007, 8:28 PM Reply   
Do you remember what the material was called? That sounds like something I might try.
Thanks
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-21-2007, 9:59 PM Reply   
Grant - do you worry about your gear getting wet if you get caught in a rain shower?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-22-2007, 8:20 AM Reply   
Darin; Sorry I forgot the Name of the 2 part Epoxy ill do some looking around.
Mark: Do I worry? No. I dont bring the boat out if it looks like Its gonna rain. Here in Ca we really dont have sunnden rain storms
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-22-2007, 9:52 AM Reply   
I'm thinking about one of these for one of my winter projects, it is pricey but will work well with my three amp, three knob setup. It has an optional remote dash control that would be easy to mount. I'd like to know what you can and can't do with the dash control, if it's worth having.

http://www.mobileaudiocontrol.com/product.asp?Product_Id=19173&d_Id=5247&l1=5247&l2=

(Message edited by cyclonecj on October 22, 2007)
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-22-2007, 10:35 AM Reply   
I havent played with the DSQ but it looks like a great piece of equipment.

If you want somthing REALY trick check out the Zapco
digital programable EQ
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-22-2007, 12:57 PM Reply   
Im pretty sure this is the stuff.
http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=110&
Old     (darinmg)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-22-2007, 5:44 PM Reply   
Thanks "G".

Anyone else with pics or ideas??
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-22-2007, 11:46 PM Reply   
-Psyclone

You can do everything with the DDC (dash control) except adjust input and output gains. Its not the easiest thing in the world to use but it allows for lots of adjustment. If you don't want to use a laptop try the DQS. Grant is on to it with the Zappco if you want a more visual adjustment with a laptop. The DQS is all numbers and freqs. If you are this serious about sound you may want to check out what JBL has in the works. I don't think its on the website but it is similar to the Zappco. I'm using the DQXS in one of my vehicles with the DDC and I wish it had time alignment.