Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (atvr)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-02-2007, 7:11 AM Reply   
Alright, time to re-cover the swim platform. Supra 03, fiberglass platform. How about some suggestions on how to get the old off, as well as what to recover with?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-02-2007, 7:28 AM Reply   
A power washer will remove the old one. If you do that make sure you do it on the grass or soemwhere you can make a mess.
Old     (pctarmor)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-02-2007, 7:54 AM Reply   
Please post pics when you are done! I'm looking to strip my swim platform this winter and replace the black stuff with Traxx padding.

I see that you ride at rough river. I was stationed at Ft Knox for a year and spent most of my time at Green River. Have you checked that out yet?
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-02-2007, 8:27 AM Reply   
I had mine redone with Line-X for $50 and it comes with a lifetime warrenty. It was obvious what it was used for so they put a slightly different texture than most bedliners. Its a little easier on the arse when sitting down on it but does not get slippery.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-02-2007, 9:20 AM Reply   
To get the old stuff off I followed this method that I got directly from Skier's Choice. It worked like a charm!

1) Peel off old material. It comes off rather easily once you get it started with a razor blade.

2) To get the left over adhesive residue off spray down the platform with WD-40 and let it sit for 45 minutes.

3) Scrape off adhesive residue with a plastic putty knife.

4) Clean with Acetone by applying and wiping off immediately.
Old     (atvr)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-02-2007, 10:53 AM Reply   
Richard, that's good info. Thanx. I have looked at the Trexx stuff. I like the diamond pattern in black (boat is sandstone with black accents). Don't care too much for the Gator Grip stuff. Any other suggestions? Phil, I learned to ski on Green when I was six. We have had a home on Rough for seven years now so that's the only place we go.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-03-2007, 11:36 PM Reply   
Ive had gator grip for about 5 years now and its held up well in the sunlight, from what I can tell but it is also in need of R2. I'm thinking I'll go back to GG since I know already how well it has held up. My buddies 2003/2004 supra deck was staining his interior and it was only about a year old at the time.
Old     (sscott0203)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-07-2007, 7:11 PM Reply   
I thinking about redoing mine also on my 05 mobius lsv. So sick of getting black stuff all over my vinyl.I dont know what to replace it with though