Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    realplayer            11-17-2005, 1:07 PM Reply   
hey guys,
i got a 21 xti 04 malibu, so we dont have engine at back, but with seats around the engine which is in the middle.

weve tried wakesrurfing with the wedge down, centre ballast full and an exteneral fatsack which we either put in ther middle at the back or to one side, and all have most people onto one side.

anymore advice you guys could give me? and btw i aint got a wakesurfing board yet, just using either 5'6 or 6' shortboard
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-17-2005, 1:17 PM Reply   
all i can recommend is more weight on the side. we've had good luck with more weight along the motorbox. that's kinda tricky for you though.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-17-2005, 1:54 PM Reply   
hey
I have an '05 21 Xti
we surfed this past summer on the drivers side
we used the wedge, the bow ballast full
and a 500lb sac 2/3 full sitting on the rear driver's side seat
we also had a crew of 5 adults and 2 kids

Since then I have been told that the prop rotation allows for a larger wake on the port side

next season, I am gunna use 2 250lb sacs...with 1 on the small rear corner seat, the other on the floor in front of it...my 500lb sac in the isle
and possibly 250-500 lbs more in the bow

I'm gunna rig up a manifold and connect the wiring to the dash switches
the sac will be removeable, but we will be able to quick connect the hoses, and fill and empty through the hull hoses like the factory sac

so...when the sacs are not in use, the hoses will store in one of the many lockers or side nets
Old     (niap101)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-17-2005, 8:54 PM Reply   
Check out www.HowToWakeSurf.com in the section on ballasts.
Old    realplayer            11-18-2005, 3:38 AM Reply   
i got one fatsack, but with u cant put accross the back coz theres that little fridge compartment. so where should i put it for best wake?
image/bmpinterior as shown
untitled.bmp (146.9 k)
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-08-2005, 5:36 PM Reply   
I'd say more weight... and maybe play around with the speed? good luck
Old     (grampsrider)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-11-2005, 9:37 AM Reply   
my friends have a 03 21 like yours and when we board and surf we have at least 1200 in the back 500 in the front the mls and normally a group of teens that move from one side of the boat to the other. the wake is huge behind this boat