Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-11-2010, 7:07 PM Reply   
Hey Guys and Gals,

I always go to Lake Don Pedro and have never been to New Melones and was thinking about doing so this weekend.

What would be the best way to get there from Manteca?
How is this lake?

Any advice would be awesome...

Thank You
Old     (burbanized)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-11-2010, 7:49 PM Reply   
Melones

Stay on highway 120/108 until you reach Jamestown, The a quick left on Rawhide Road and a left on Highway 49 towards Angels Camp. Soon after that you will see

New Melones Recreation Area

Make a left and follow the road to the launch ramp

OHHHH lake level is @ 55% capacity and you will find good water after the 2nd bridge

Last edited by burbanized; 08-11-2010 at 7:52 PM. Reason: more info
Old     (burbanized)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-11-2010, 7:53 PM Reply   
water is in the 80's
Old     (kvoman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-12-2010, 7:45 AM Reply   
Awesome lake and you can cruise or fish at night too!!! But do watch out for a couple islands in the middle of the lake. One right in front of the Tuttletown launch ramp.

We like it much better than Don Pedro, it seems not as crowded as Don Pedro.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-12-2010, 8:21 AM Reply   
Awesome lake. More scenic than Pedro IMO. Head back under the bridges. Great riding back there and there are awesome rock jumps.
Old     (blazeremt89)      Join Date: May 2007       08-12-2010, 2:54 PM Reply   
Its the only lake I go to. Only $8 for launch and its never crowed. Got to love the warm water and the scene. Real good fishing all year too. Like G said 108 to rawhide and north on 49. Its an easy drive.

I'll be up there just like I am every weekend.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       08-12-2010, 4:03 PM Reply   
Better water past the second bridge for sure. Not a big fan of New Melones Lake, but it is still fun. Still liking Don Pedro Moccison Point side better. What I do like better about New Melones is the gas is closer and so is cheaper beer and ice. Angles Camp is so close. Bring shade if you are camping, cause there is very little trees at the campsites, pretty much like Don Pedro.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-13-2010, 8:44 AM Reply   
B - It's only gona be a day trip. I love don pedro, but have been wanting to check out NM for awhile now. Just something different I guess. Thanks for all the info.
How far is the second bridge?
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-13-2010, 12:28 PM Reply   
If you go through jamestown in the morning. Stop by woodscreek in James Town. It is the best breakfast place ever. Make sure you get the super bowl it will definately add some ballest to you!!!
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-15-2010, 9:19 PM Reply   
Aite guys... I checked it out and I'll have to agree with B, I still like Don Pedro better. The lake was nice, got some good water at times, but I wasn't digging the tree branches sticking out of the water. The drive wasn't the greatest... oh well, it was worth a shot, but i'll keep heading back to pedro, lol.... thanks for all the advice.