Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-30-2010, 6:57 PM Reply   
The Ram won! 70mph and a turkey dead center of the wind sheild really gets the old ticker going. Luckily it didn't come all the way through. Teresa and I are fine but the turkey didn't make it.
Attached Images

Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-30-2010, 7:21 PM Reply   
Did it get stuck on the windshield or did it launch straight up in the air and hit the ground with a thud?
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-30-2010, 7:27 PM Reply   
Up and over. It landed on the shoulder of the opposite lane. I still have blood and feathers stuck to the wiper arm.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-30-2010, 8:46 PM Reply   
I hit a small bird once. Scared the S#$T out of me. Man, hit a turkey- You beat me out hands down!
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-31-2010, 11:56 AM Reply   
Glad your ok

brought this good line back to memory
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FXSnoy71Q4
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-31-2010, 1:35 PM Reply   
Still have a small dent above the running lights from a wayward barn swallow. Your truck has some bad mojo goin on these past few months.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-31-2010, 5:51 PM Reply   
Yeah, kind of bad luck. What else can go wrong? I don't want to think about it. It will be interesting to see how my insurance company handles it. I need a new windshield, wiper arm and there are scratches all the way up the hood. They have been really good so far so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-31-2010, 7:06 PM Reply   
Did you have a hunting license for that turkey? You could have brought it home for a BBQ.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-01-2010, 10:33 AM Reply   
Yikes man... Glad you got pulled over safely after that. Gnarly.
Old     (lfrider139)      Join Date: May 2007       06-01-2010, 12:51 PM Reply   
sorry to hear that man, that is scary stuff. I was on my way to the beach one time with a couple buddies and there was a chicken in our lane on the highway, thought my friend who was driving was going to run that sucker over but swerved instead, ended up fish tailing and flipped his 4runner. scariest moment of my life haha, sometimes it's better to just hit the damn thing
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-02-2010, 7:35 AM Reply   
The truck went off to the shop to get fixed yesterday afternoon. I should get it back today. $250 deductible, $380 for the windshield + install, also need new wiper arm and hood buffed. That now makes $750 in deductibles this year. Everyone says bad luck comes in threes. I think I'll drive the Jetta from now on.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-02-2010, 4:41 PM Reply   
The truck is back. $630 total including the $48 wiper arm. Gotta love Dodge OEM parts, huh? Oh well, I guess all's well that ends well.