Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (jamie392)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-26-2009, 3:01 PM Reply   
Just a question to any supreme owners. I just bought one but and forgot to check if it had a cooler. I am not picking it up for a bit but it has been bugging me thinking about it. The boat is in storage right now.

I believe they come standard with coolers, its a 2007 sky supreme v208. but it has front balast so i'm wondering if that might interfere with it. Any pictures or infomration on where it would be be is great/
Old     (drew32)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-26-2009, 3:17 PM Reply   
Jamie,
In 2007 we have a glassed in cooler starboard side front cushion. Congrats on your new purchase and thank you for the business. if you ever need anything get a hold of me @510-651-8400
Drew
Old     (puamana)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-26-2009, 4:43 PM Reply   
I just bought one too but I don't have the front ballast. My boat is black with silver flames. It hasn't even touched the water yet! Can't wait to drop it in!
Old     (jamie392)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-26-2009, 5:33 PM Reply   
Jack, I think you have the same as me. Black with silver flake.
Old     (puamana)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-27-2009, 5:37 AM Reply   
Jamie,

Sure sounds like it. Do you also have the white bottom on yours. I also have the godzilla tower and the aft tanks, extra large fiberglass swim step. Then I added a shower, heater and some Sampson tower speakers. What about your boat?
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-27-2009, 9:20 AM Reply   
Jamie, definitely give Drew a call if you need anything. He is a cool guy. Ask him for some freebies...he loves giving those out.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-27-2009, 10:13 AM Reply   
^^^^^
Old     (jamie392)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-30-2009, 7:19 AM Reply   
Jack, It's very similar, it has white bottom and top the rest is black with silver flake flames. It came with the godzilla tower heater and I think shower although when I was looking at the boat I never did see the shower, i suppose it comes out from the engine?

Can't wait to get it in the water... Oh by any chance do you know the godzilla tower thickness? I want to get some racks and a mirror for it but it is in storage for another month or so....

(Message edited by jamie392 on March 30, 2009)
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-30-2009, 8:41 AM Reply   
The Godzilla Tower is 2 3/8" dia. and as drew32 stated the ice box is located under the starboard bow seat cushion.Congrats on your new boats guys!Big fan of Supreme after the first seasons performance of my V212.
Old     (randalbrown)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-30-2009, 9:12 AM Reply   
2 Questions for all you supreme owners since your all looking at this thread,

1. Is the ballast gravity fed? or does it use pumps?

2. Why did you choose supreme over say moomba? I'm trying to decide between the two at the moment and would appreciate your input.

Randal.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-30-2009, 9:34 AM Reply   
1. Pumps
2. Moomba's interior looks like a budget boat, Supreme looks a tad more plush. I don't think it was designed with a budget boat concept in mind.
Old     (marknjenn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-30-2009, 9:56 AM Reply   
x2 pumps
I looked at the moomba and there wasn't enough headroom under the tower. Loved the supra but too much scratch. It came down to Sanger or Supreme and the Supreme won on higher freeboard. Never looked back and love our boat!
Old     (puamana)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-30-2009, 10:59 AM Reply   
My buddy has a Moomba and it looks and feels a bit cheaper. His tower is too low, he has a 2006 although I think they have a taller tower on the 2009. I also wanted a Sanger but didn't like the low freeboard. The Supreme handles rough water better than the Sanger plus the seat backs are higher because of the higher freeboard. Dollar wise, the Sanger was over $ 10K higher than my brand new 2007 Supreme. You can still pick up a brand new 2007 or 2008 Supreme on the west coast here for a screaming deal!
Old     (matt_beck)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-03-2009, 11:17 AM Reply   
Wish my 220 had oneUpload
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-03-2009, 11:37 AM Reply   
Jack,

I have to disagree with you on the "The Supreme handles rough water better than the Sanger". I owned a 2006 Supreme V220 and now own a Sanger V215 and my Sanger handles the rough water a lot better than my Supreme.

As far as the extra cost of my Sanger it was worth every penny. Sanger is a much better built boat, fit and finish is like night and day. Customer service with Sanger is hands down better than Supreme, this is just IMO, based on the fact I've owned both boats.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-03-2009, 11:56 AM Reply   
"fit and finish is like night and day"

That's a bunch of BS. Fit and finish between a Supreme and a Mastercraft isn't like night and day. More like "fit and finish is better to the trained eye, but slightly noticable to the other 95% of the general population". The few sangers I saw were not awe inspiring. Customer service may be a different story, I don't know about that.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-03-2009, 12:13 PM Reply   
Todd,

You don't have to get so offended, especially since it appears you have never owned either one of these boats. I wasn't bashing Supreme, but you get what you pay for.

I enjoyed my Supreme but I live on a rough water lake and the V220 is just to flat bottomed and the ride was really rough. My boat just happened to have a lot of fit and finish issues that I had to go to bat with Kal Kustoms to fix under warranty.

This was all I was saying, people get way to defensive on these forums.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-03-2009, 12:17 PM Reply   
I own a V232
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-03-2009, 12:22 PM Reply   
Todd,
Your profile might need to be updated but great, hope it works out well for you, I'd keep Andrew Huffs name and number since he runs Supreme now.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-03-2009, 12:40 PM Reply   
Yea, I noticed that. I wasn't getting defensive, just when people make a bold generalizing statement here, they should not be surprised if someone takes a crack at it. No worries.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-03-2009, 1:35 PM Reply   
I have been in the V215 and the V220 back to back and I would say the Supreme is a better rough water boat. As far as quality they are pretty much equal (Sanger still has wood in their boats though). We have 3-4' swells on our lake (Todd can vouch for that one) and I had an 06' V220 as well and never blinked through the white caps. I must admit that out of all of the Supreme V-Drives the 220 does have the least amount of dead rise, but compared to the Sanger it has more dead rise, more free board, and more running surface - which in turn makes a better handling boat in rough water.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-04-2009, 11:14 AM Reply   
To each his own opinion.