Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-20-2010, 10:09 AM Reply   
Does Fly High make a enzo type sac for the avalanche ? and where can I get a pre-owned one, or I guess a new one if I can't find a used one. Duffy ? are you out there? I heard you might be the one I need to talk to. Are you running one of these type sacs in your Avy?
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-20-2010, 10:27 AM Reply   
Duffy is running regular Enzo sacs (I believe). I run custom Avy sacs (+/- 1,200lbs) in mine and I got them from Towanza.com last year. Custom sacs are hard to find used. Used Enzo sacs pop up on Centurion Crew every so often. Personally, I like the custom sacs better. It completely fills up my back locker and under the seats without popping the locker/seat.

Note: I believe Duffy is able to run the regular Enzo sac because he has an older Avy and the back locker are a little bigger. I have an 08 Avy and the Enzo sac dont fit it that great. However, there are several guys with newer Avy's running regular Enzo sacs and they work fine. I just dont think they have them filled up all the way.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-20-2010, 11:23 AM Reply   
Mine is a 04, do you think it has the bigger locker. I'll check Towanza out.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-20-2010, 11:33 AM Reply   
Measure your lockers and PM Duffy. I believe he has an 03/04 Avy. Towanza can order any size sac you want.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-20-2010, 11:34 AM Reply   
I have custom sacs. Mine are roughly 1500 pounds. The avalanche lockers aren't sized differently then the enzo. Don't get the avalanche sac that towanza makes. It's designed for the newer style avalanche. I don't know if I even have my measurements anymore. I think bigcat over on centurion crew still has his measurements. Our sacs are basically the same size. I have 1 on both sides. So I have 1500 on port and 1500 on starboard. I don't think the fill the space all the way. The custom sacs rock! The wave is awesome on both sides.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-20-2010, 11:52 AM Reply   
I definatley want what you got. Who do I purchase the custom built sac from? Thanks a bunch D
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-20-2010, 12:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffymahoney View Post
The avalanche sac that towanza makes. It's designed for the newer style avalanche.
This is true, I actually believe it is based on my sacs. Towanza came out and measured my boat. Either way, measure your locker/under seats and get the sacs that fit perfectly. Mine our 1,200lbs because they fill the locker and run up the seats based on the length of the driver side (so you could make the finger farther on the port side). I did it this way in case I wanted to wakeboard and could have equal weight on both sides.

Towanza still can custom order any size sac you want.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-20-2010, 12:28 PM Reply   
Bigcats should have his sac measurement. Contact him on centurioncrew.com. I get all my custom sacs from bobby at maxwake.com. He has been great to me over the years. Towanaza knows what they are doing. Make sure to get enough extra ports etc...
Old     (bigcatpt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-20-2010, 1:36 PM Reply   
Hey, I heard my name????

Sorry I can't remember my sac dimensions off hand but you can find them here in my blog... http://centurionavalancheballastinstall.blogspot.com/

I would look them up myself but I'm at work and only have a second to reply to this. The dimensions are just a little different from Duffy by maybe an inch or so. I changed them from his size sac on his recommendation. This sac fills every inch of my lockers! Its awesome! Get yours with more fills/empty/drains than mine if you are using aerator type pumps to fill/empty. Let me know if you need anything else. Centurioncrew is also having a crew deal on FH fat sacs and that will probably be your cheapest place to get a custom one done. Bobby at maxwake is also awesome to work with! Good luck!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-20-2010, 1:47 PM Reply   
Thanks guys, I can't wait to have to only fill one bag to get 1200 lbs. Right now it is taking 3 bags to get that much weight. Is a aerator pump like a tsnuami pump?
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-20-2010, 1:52 PM Reply   
Do you have dual real ballast tanks? Also yes same. If you have stock rear tanks you have johnson 1000 gph pumps. They rock.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-20-2010, 2:21 PM Reply   
only hard tank I have is the center. so my port side is ready to roll with the biggest sac I can fit in there. Can I plumb in this sac, so I can just hit switches on the dash? And will I need a special pump for that?
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-20-2010, 3:22 PM Reply   
You are in the same boat as bigcat. Are you handy?
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-20-2010, 9:48 PM Reply   
Yes, quite handy. Just not sure of the best way to plumb this sac in. I'm sure there is a best way to do this.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-21-2010, 3:54 AM Reply   
I am running regular Enzo sacs and do not have a problem. They do fill up the locker completely, but work for me just fine.
Old     (bigcatpt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-21-2010, 6:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyv420 View Post
Yes, quite handy. Just not sure of the best way to plumb this sac in. I'm sure there is a best way to do this.
Read through my blog. It explains a ballast install from start to finish. This is only one way to do it. I used impeller type pumps which have worked out great for me. Duffy reallys like using the aerator type pumps like the tsunami's and mayfairs. Both are great systems. Its so nice to just hit a button once your boat is off the trailer and head out to your spot and be ready to surf once you get there.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-21-2010, 8:43 AM Reply   
Yeah ballast systems aren't tough to install. The aerator types are almost silent, don't draw a lot of current, cheap. But they are a little more tricky to install. You should have all the wiring already in place from the factory for a ballast system with aerator pumps. Just need the switches and trace down the wires.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-27-2010, 12:57 PM Reply   
ok I now have a buddy wanting to sell me his enzo sac. he says it doesnt fill his 09 enzo locker completly. I think it is going to work in my 04 Avy. He is wanting to get another sac that fills his locker all the way. Duffy do you think it will work in my Avy? I don't have to have every last inch filled, as long as i'm getting close to 1600lbs in there. Also said he would give me a ballast puppy (just needs a impellor) for free. Just trying to get your opinion, since I know you have your boat dialed. thanks, D
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-27-2010, 12:59 PM Reply   
Bigcatpt, thanks for the link. Very detailed, and yes I will be following your procedures. I love this forum (surfers are so nice!)
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-27-2010, 2:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyv420 View Post
Bigcatpt, thanks for the link. Very detailed, and yes I will be following your procedures. I love this forum (surfers are so nice!)
you should try www.CenturionCrew.com. all surfing all the time. Good luck on the install. Bigcats directions are great.
Old     (bigcatpt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-27-2010, 5:23 PM Reply   
happy to help!