Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (erbear)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-27-2009, 10:46 AM Reply   
Does anyone have any info or comments on this boat. My cuzo is probably gonna be buying one this weekend and i was just seeing if anyone has one or has ridden on one and has any comments about it.
Old     (puamana)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-27-2009, 12:09 PM Reply   
I see that you're on the west coast so I'm assuming that you're cuzo is getting a great deal on the boat. Don't know about the 2009 boats, but they are blowing out the 2007 and 2008 models all over for about $ 30K!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-27-2009, 12:59 PM Reply   
Erica, like Sandy said there are a ton of 07 and 08 boats out there for super cheap brand new. I bet they could find an 07 or 08 Elite V Centurion for 30-35 depending on options. I don't think much has changed with those boats in that time period either.
Old     (surfside_az)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-27-2009, 2:57 PM Reply   
I would recommend finding a deal on a Moomba Mobius LSV... Probably about the same price range and much better boat. The factory is way easier to work with and you will end up finding a place to get warranty work done, etc. It will be well worth the $$ when it comes to a new product. There are TONS of Centuriens that are going to be dumped into the market and I would not trust the dealer network holding together with the factory. Be cautious about what brand you pick up a "NEW" boat from-- your factory support will be vital to enjoy that new boat.
}
Old     (murphie07)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-27-2009, 3:10 PM Reply   
I have a 2006 Centurion Elite C4. Merc engine in it, no issues. I think it is a Great boat for the money.

Has a deeper V so it handles rough chop very well. We don't care about the wake as we are not good riders, just out to have fun, so I can't comment on the wake.

Dealer network larger for Centurion as they are a larger manufacturer. But all dealers are struggling.

Things I like. Pull out carpet for easy cleaning. Lots of storage.
Old     (surfside_az)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-27-2009, 4:31 PM Reply   
Don't want to cause a big debate but the dealer network for Centurion and the Manufacturer are not larger than Skier's Choice (Supra & Moomba). Yes, the Elite V is a nice boat, my info & comments are certainly not to drag any boat line down but rather caution buying in this "blow-out" market-- indeed you will find great deals but keep doing a little homework on how things might shake out with some of these manufacturers and dealers. When you buy the new boat you will want a factory that will deliver TOTAL customer support for you. In the end, make sure and have fun on whatever you buy!!
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-27-2009, 5:42 PM Reply   
LOL!! I own a Moomba and actually really like the Centurions that i've seen but.......How can you recomend a WAKEBOARD boat that you dont care about the wake, has a deeper V (I assume you know this for a fact?) handle chop? Oh and you like the pullout carpet and lots of storage? You just summed up pretty much every bowrider over 20' out there.

(Message edited by bkoz on April 27, 2009)
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-27-2009, 7:05 PM Reply   
I've ridden behind one a few times, it was a 05 or 06, I don't know if they've made any changes since then. Mechanically I don't think he's had any issues. The wake is really hard to dial in with the manual trim plate. It does do pretty well in choppy water.

imo it depends what he wants to use the boat for, hanging out and riding sometimes I'm sure it would be great. If he's looking for serious riding there are better out of the box wakes for the money.
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-27-2009, 9:13 PM Reply   
Erica what kind of a deal is he getting, that may help out here?
I own a 2005 Elite V C4. I got a great deal on my boat when I bought it new in 2005. I have been REALLY happy with it. NO mechanical issues or other for that matter. The deep V hull DOES handle chop great. I have been complimented many times on the ride by folks who have other mnfg boats. I ride with a little extra ballast and untill I got some sacks I had a washy wake on the passenger side and would move folks to that side to equal it out. With more weight the wake is pretty damn good in my opinion, and I fill one side with a little more so no more moving folks around. Im no pro but I throw some flips and tricks behind it. Other much better than me ridders have never complained about their pull. The storage is huge! I dont have factory ballast in back so I can load those compartments up.
I dont want to debate about whos is better bla bla bla who cares, to each his own. The Elite is a great all around boat, but like all big purchases especially in this economy with lots of deals out there take advantage of the BEST DEAL. Whats he looking at paying with what options? Whats the dealer scenario (close to home? Did he LIKE the dealer?) That is important because boats end up there and it can be good or bad relationship.
Give us some more info. But great boat,good ride,lots of storage,decent wake stock, better with additional ballast.
Old     (justintime)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-27-2009, 11:31 PM Reply   
you will find more centuri dealers then moomba, here in cali

everybody works on mercury motors
Old     (erbear)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-28-2009, 10:07 AM Reply   
He is getting it for about $30,000 i guess the dealer is going out of business so he is getting a fat deal. We are by far not pros or anything like that. Just riding for fun since i have just kinda been teaching myself how to ride. He wants to get a boat that we can improve on and eventually get good.
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-28-2009, 10:34 AM Reply   
Not a bad deal, and that boat could be perfect for that. Next question is where does he plan on getting service work done then? Oil changes? Yearly maintenance? And if unexpected problems happen where could he go? I used to live down south (Long Beach) and boarded all over down there. But those are things to consider before purchase it could make life easier in the long run if you set yourself up properly to begin.
Old     (pavement_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-29-2009, 4:02 PM Reply   
Check out Tracy boat sales their blowing out there 09's now to compete against all those trashed Repo's
Call charlie at 209-835-6565 for more info