Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (gatorhator)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-12-2005, 12:24 PM Reply   
OK, here is the deal.

I got a 97 Sunsetter LX. It is the same hull as a wake setter of those years, (ie the outer chims dont turn down) I am riding at about 22-23 MPH on a 70' roop.

For me to get wake to wake I have got to cut out very hard in order to build up enough speed to all the way across. If I take a shorter cut I can get decent height but I usualy end up smacking into the top of the other wake for a rather unplesent and hard landing.

My questions are...

Is there any thing I can do with balast to bring the wakes a bit closer together?

If not can you ride at 65' or even 60'?

Do I have to go faster? Cause that tends to flatten out the wake and I feel as if I am Flying at 25-26 MPH

Or did I get a POS boat and am screwed?

Old     (greg__s)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-12-2005, 1:10 PM Reply   
Your boat is fine. I assume you have a tower and the right rope. My last boat was a 96 LX and I was able to go W2W without much problem. I'm 240 lbs and still a beginner. I can only do slides, W2W and a few grabs. I only used the wedge and didn't use the ski locker sac I had. I rode aound 21 mph and used a 65' rope.

I think you should look at your board set up and make sure your body position is right on your approach and make sure you hold you edge all the way to the wake. I found when I flattened out right before I hit the wake, I had the hard landing on the top of the wake you get.

Old     (gatorhator)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-12-2005, 1:23 PM Reply   
Ya I got a tower and a good rope. I am riding a HL State 140, and I am probably about the level you are.

As far as board set up what do you look for how do you decide how Duck footed and how wide to put the boots.
Old     (greg__s)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-12-2005, 2:31 PM Reply   
State is a great board. I put my feet ducked out a little and as far apart as I can. It thrashes my knees if I'm too ducked out.

Do you use the wedge and my ski locker sac made the wake harder and kicked me up more than just the wedge.

I haven't seen you ride, but I'll bet a good body position and holding your edge through the wake will have you clearing easily.

good luck, Greg
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-12-2005, 5:57 PM Reply   
GPS check the speed to make sure it's what you think it is. Also adding weight to the front will narrow up the wake some. You can always shorten to 65 and put it back on later also.