Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-12-2009, 6:36 PM Reply   
Hey guys - looking for some advice..

I'm going to install my Aerial Airborne tower this weekend and I'm trying to get as prepped as possible. I've got the boat home, the tower is here and unpacked and everything is accounted for. I want the install day to go as smooth as possible. I've got blue 3M tape and a fresh drill bit along with a sharpie. What else can you advise that I may need for the install other than that? All of my parts are accounted for in the box and I've got the battery charged on the drill.

Another question. I have Fusion tower speakers that I am going to install at some point as well. If anyone has an Airborne or any of the similarly styled towers - can you please give me tips on installing the speakers? I have 50 foot of wire ready to get them going. Can you help me with quick disconnects? Do you have pictures of yours? Any tips? I WANT to run all of the speaker wire before I hang the tower but I'm not sure I can really do that. I don't know where on the tower I want the speakers to hang, therefor I don't know where I will drill my holes to run the wires. Can you show me where you have your speakers mounted on these towers and how you ran your wires and disconnects? I will pick up some grommets at some point but I'm wondering if speaker install will be a different day than tower install? Any advice? I have the Fusion P series from the E Bay blowout a few weeks back..

Any info is GREATLY appreciated. I know the basics of the tower install - measure 617 times and cut once, run the drill in reverse, use more 3M tape than you may think necessary, etc.

Much appreciated fellas. Tower is going on an 02' Outback that wasn't equipped with a tower from the factory.

Thanks!
Jeff
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-13-2009, 5:40 AM Reply   
Help me out fellas!
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-13-2009, 8:09 AM Reply   
Jeff, mock the speakers up with the tower on the ground to get the look you want. This thread, http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/716278.html from not long ago has a few pics. Lifting it with the speakers on is going to make it alot heavier and top heavy. Mock it up, drill, remove them and put them on when the tower is installed. Drill your holes to where it looks good but easy to run the wires too. As far as disconnects you talking speaker disconnects or wire?
Old     (liv2board)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-13-2009, 8:29 AM Reply   
Jeff, we installed one on my buddies Crownline and it went on pretty smooth. Just make sure to measure 10 times and drill once. Also do not overtighten the bolts that go through the boat or you will crack the gelcoat. We put some 1/2" plywood behind it as well for support. So far no problems. You will have to tighten everything after each day for the first couple times out.

Hope that helps and good luck
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-13-2009, 9:17 AM Reply   
Thanks Razz and Jason.. I'll try the dryland mock up and see if I can get an idea.
Old     (dizzlestoy)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-13-2009, 9:35 AM Reply   
countersink your holes!
Old     (dizzlestoy)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-13-2009, 9:43 AM Reply   
here you go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmjMlHKmy3w
watch his other vids too
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-13-2009, 11:11 AM Reply   
Thanks Dale!

And thanks for the e mail Wade.. I think I'm going to go it alone but if I need a hand, I won't hesitate to give them a call.

Keep them coming!