Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-03-2009, 8:33 AM Reply   
preferably in the east bay? Just got done with hell week in Tahoe...first the prop gets dinged (thank you Bryan for the replacement and help getting it on).

The big issue is the trailer brakes on our tandem axle with hydraulic brakes. Noticed they didn't work when we left for our trip, broken line. Headed straight to our local auto repair shop, waited three hours while they replaced the brake line. Sheared by the time we got to Tahoe. Had it fixed up there, sheared again by the time we got home. The line is breaking right near the leaf springs on one side, but I have no idea why (and I'm far from an expert).

I'm taking pics tonight to send to the manufacturer (Eagle trailers), but I'd like to find a local shop that will fix this damn thing once and for all. I'm literally ready to drive this thing into the lake and leave it there, I'm so tired of the bonk in the back I keep getting from no brakes.

Any recommendations are appreciated. Thanks.
Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-03-2009, 9:14 AM Reply   
The guys at Topside Marine can do it.

They did my old boats breaks and master cylinder last winter

T

(Message edited by trevorg7 on August 03, 2009)
Old     (wakemann)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-03-2009, 10:44 AM Reply   
Topside does a good job and doesn't stick it to you on the cost.
Old     (fastrd400)      Join Date: May 2009       08-03-2009, 12:24 PM Reply   
Since you said East BAy, Diablo Marine in Martinez can get it done for you.
Old     (sound_illusions)      Join Date: May 2005       08-03-2009, 6:31 PM Reply   
Picked up Toms boat today and took it over to Trailer Hitch in Redwood City. The axle pads were never welded to the axle when the axle was replaced. So this would cause the axle to spin during braking, which inturn kept snapping the brake lines. Also when I picked the boat up today I noticed a huge chatter coming from the trailer, crawled underneath there and found a broken leaf spring.