Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-04-2010, 9:01 AM Reply   
Just had the tint done on my boat. Sister in law gets on with rings, who knows why and nicked some spots on the tint. I know it should be replaced but was wondering if anyone had touched up any nicks on tint before and what they used. I know there is nothing that will be an exact color match, just looking for ideas so it blocks the light. It's a 20% tint. I did call the shop that did it and they said it had to be replaced, but there are a lot of intelligent and experienced people on this site and I thought maybe someone has some experience with this. Thanks.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-04-2010, 10:05 AM Reply   
As far as touching up the marks, I was thinking up some sort of sharpie pen or auto touch up.
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-04-2010, 12:58 PM Reply   
You might be able to get away with some spray tint. I got some from a hobby shop when I was working up an RC car body once. Worth a try?...............
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-04-2010, 1:25 PM Reply   
Randy

I got some VHT night Shade spray on tint, that I used to tint my tail lights. I bet you could mask of all the area but the nicks and spray this suff on it. Orielly's has it for about 10 bucks. Unless you want to come use some of my can. I'm going to try head to Oak Hollow next thurs. if you want to come out.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-05-2010, 6:38 AM Reply   
Tracktor and Blair, sounds like you both have used something similar. I might pick a can of that up. It would be cool if they made a touch up pen. It only takes a small nick and it becomes really visible. I may be able to head to Oak Hollow Thursday. I'll check and shoot you an email. Thanks dude.

Last edited by dudeman; 06-05-2010 at 6:40 AM.