Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (chipconrad)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-10-2006, 9:43 AM Reply   
I smell sponsorshipUpload
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-10-2006, 1:25 PM Reply   
Chip
my daughter is 10 and haven't been able to get her up on the surf board
she does wakeboard very well....gets air both heel and toeside
any hints on get the kids up? we have a 5'11" landlock and it seems really big for them
Old     (chipconrad)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-10-2006, 1:56 PM Reply   
I dont know too much about 10 year olds surfing. I just found this pic in another post. I think its great. But as for getting kids up on a wakesurfer actually bigger is better. Its more stable and has more glide. The landloch should work. First of all make sure her PFD is a good fit. You dont want the sliding up or falling off totally. Second, i am sure she can ride while hanging on to the rope. I would hold on to the rope and pull her to the sweet spot. Dont let her carve. Too many people try to carve too early. Just get her steady in the sweet spot. It also helps to make her look at the back corner of the boat. I dont know why but it help people feel the right spot. After that its just a lot of time on the water. Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.
Old     (dogbert)      Join Date: May 2006       08-13-2006, 1:09 PM Reply   
Here's my 11 year old on a TrickBoardz Mojo. It's a much smaller and more maneuverable board. My kids say it responds faster than the Liquid Force in the second picture. I think he's a bit bigger at than your daughter (he's 5'3" and weighs 115). Both are good options for kids. The Liquid Force is very stable. Upload
Upload