Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-12-2018, 5:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Im not sure you are saying the Indiana School system is better? or You were not as good a parent at home as your parents were... driving the importance of school into kids head , making them do homework...
California does outspend Indy, but there is a large difference in cost of living/ teacher pay difference too. I whole heartedly agree with you that without caring, involved parents the kids will almost never do well in school. Poor performing parents are a big problem. Poor performing parents are often found in poor communities. Low income areas have barriers affluent areas dont have.
I think we agree on poor performing parents, however what are the barriers that poor areas have besides themselves? I keep hearing this but I believe it is things people keep telling themselves. I would not consider the town I am from rich. We are 2.5 hrs from any major city. 19,000 people with basically a hospital, a Junior College, and a automotive seat plant. Is that place considered affluent or poor?

What would you call living in downtown Oakland, San Fran and San Jose? Would you say that those places have vastly richer and diverse job opportunities than a town of 19,000 2.5 hours away from the nearest big city?

Our little town has a pretty good record for being ignorant fly over people.

A US President, a couple US Senators, Governor of Indiana, head of a major corporation, president of a major university, CNN New Anchor, a few professional athletes, Ivy League head basketball coach, Athletic Director of a major university, very famous comedian/ actor. Not too bad for a small ignorant town out in the middle of nowhere.

Money is not the driver of education or success. I agree it can help, however Oakland and it's surrounding area is one of the richest places on earth yet has the most economic bankrupt people in the country. It is a matter of culture not money invested. The people out here could work in an number of high income ventures even without much education. It is a choice.

Clint Barmes (b. 1979), baseball player, San Diego Padres
David Carter, retired football player, center and guard Houston Oilers
Albert K. Dawson (1885–1967), photographer, film correspondent in World War I
Henry Dodge (1782–1867), U.S. Senator from Wisconsin
Mike Eskew, former Chairman and CEO of UPS
James Freeman Gilbert, geophysicist
Bruce Bouillet, guitarist for Racer X
David Goodnow, television news broadcaster
William Henry Harrison (1773–1841), Indiana Territorial Governor and 9th President of the United States
Mitch Henderson, basketball head coach, Princeton
Charles T. Hinde, businessman and riverboat captain; briefly lived in Vincennes
Eric Holcomb, politician; Governor of Indiana since 2017
Buck Jones (1891–1942), actor, silent and 1930s film star
John Rice Jones, politician and jurist
Stanislaus P. La Lumiere, president of Marquette University
Alvy Moore (1921–1997), actor
Bill Olsen, athletic director, University of Louisville
Curtis Painter (b. 1985) football player, quarterback Purdue University, Indianapolis Colts, Baltimore Ravens, New York Giants
William Edward Phipps, film and television actor, born in Vincennes
Ollie Pickering (1870–1952), first batter in MLB American League history; lived and died in Vincennes
Red Skelton (1913–1997), comedian and film actor, star of The Red Skelton Show
Richard L. Stevens, brigadier general, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Dan Stryzinski, football player, punter for Indiana University and eight NFL teams
Sarah Knox Taylor (1814–1835), daughter of Zachary Taylor and first wife of Jefferson Davis
Waller Taylor, lawyer, Adjutant General, United States Senator from Indiana
Alice Terry (1899–1987), actress and director, silent films; wife of director Rex Ingram
Samuel Williams (1851–1913), judge and politician
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-12-2018, 6:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
I think we agree on poor performing parents, however what are the barriers that poor areas have besides themselves? I keep hearing this but I believe it is things people keep telling themselves. I would not consider the town I am from rich. We are 2.5 hrs from any major city. 19,000 people with basically a hospital, a Junior College, and a automotive seat plant. Is that place considered affluent or poor?

My sister has taught in Santa Maria for the last 30 years. Santa Maria in the Central Coast is an agricultural community. A large percentage of her kids parents are pickers, they follow the crops as they are ready to be picked. Its difficult to go to school if you are in Santa Maria on Monday and the next 3 weeks you are in San Luis Obisbo picking broccoli. Parents need to bring their kids with because the growers supply their housing. They go from motel to motel. The parents dont speak much English, there is no parent teacher conferences. Food and shelter are first priorities for these families, not education. For these people it is not a choice. Choice only happens once the basics, Food, clothing, shelter are covered.
My sister in law, also a teacher has taught in Covina CA for 28 years. Her school is just down the street from a few large apartment houses, that is where most of the students live. Half of her parents do not speak English. Some parents show up to parent teacher conference but my SIL does not speak Spanish. They want to communicate but cant do much more than smile at each other. Low income parents means sometimes their work is more important than school stuff. Some of the family issues are just bad parents, losers, roaches as we have called them here. Having 4,5,6 people to a one bedroom apartment is not a popular recipe for educational excellence. One kid lives in a city 10 miles away (El Monte) with the grandmother. She gets up at 4am school days to take public transportation, 2 bus transfers to get to Covina school on time. They are making the right choice, they are making sacrifices and it is not anywhere near as easy as it is for the typical student.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-12-2018, 6:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
My sister has taught in Santa Maria for the last 30 years. Santa Maria in the Central Coast is an agricultural community. A large percentage of her kids parents are pickers, they follow the crops as they are ready to be picked. Its difficult to go to school if you are in Santa Maria on Monday and the next 3 weeks you are in San Luis Obisbo picking broccoli. Parents need to bring their kids with because the growers supply their housing. They go from motel to motel. The parents dont speak much English, there is no parent teacher conferences. Food and shelter are first priorities for these families, not education. For these people it is not a choice. Choice only happens once the basics, Food, clothing, shelter are covered.
My sister in law, also a teacher has taught in Covina CA for 28 years. Her school is just down the street from a few large apartment houses, that is where most of the students live. Half of her parents do not speak English. Some parents show up to parent teacher conference but my SIL does not speak Spanish. They want to communicate but cant do much more than smile at each other. Low income parents means sometimes their work is more important than school stuff. Some of the family issues are just bad parents, losers, roaches as we have called them here. Having 4,5,6 people to a one bedroom apartment is not a popular recipe for educational excellence. One kid lives in a city 10 miles away (El Monte) with the grandmother. She gets up at 4am school days to take public transportation, 2 bus transfers to get to Covina school on time. They are making the right choice, they are making sacrifices and it is not anywhere near as easy as it is for the typical student.
Sounds to me like you are talking about non- citizens? If they are citizens, they have a requirement to have the children in school. Sorry, this kind of what we are talking about though. The parents are not required to assimilate (or in this case migrant workers which may only be here on work visas at best, illegal at worst) thus making it hard to function in society thus the middle class picks up the bill for education, medial and possible other social welfare payments while these corporate farmers get free slave labor (lack of a better term) to artificially boost their profits compared to the rest of the US farmers.

If they are migrant, they get to return to their country and live for the rest of the year without working. We can not do that. If our kids are not in school or in a home school program, the parents will get in trouble by the state.

Speaking of home school. I don't believe there is a ton of money in home schooling budgets and home school kids seem to do as well and better than most?

What about Asian kids. They seem to have many people to a household. They do well. Much of it is cultural, however we are taught that there is no such thing as bad cultures right? And that we are to be scorned if we don't want bad cultures intentionally infused in our society?

Last edited by DeltaHoosier; 09-12-2018 at 6:58 PM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-12-2018, 9:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Tell me when the last time a poor person ran the country? Actually tell me the last time a poor person gave you a job?
I guess I need you define poor. The last time I worked for a small business owner, he couldn't have been netting more than $60k a year and he and his wife worked at the business six days a week. Poor? Not below poverty line but certainly not wealthy.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-12-2018, 9:38 PM Reply   
Indiana??? Bunch of socialists!!!

Seriously though, kudos to Indiana (and Washington):
https://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2018..._medium=social
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-13-2018, 9:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post

Clint Barmes (b. 1979), baseball player, San Diego Padres
David Carter, retired football player, center and guard Houston Oilers
Albert K. Dawson (1885–1967), photographer, film correspondent in World War I
Henry Dodge (1782–1867), U.S. Senator from Wisconsin
Mike Eskew, former Chairman and CEO of UPS
James Freeman Gilbert, geophysicist
Bruce Bouillet, guitarist for Racer X
David Goodnow, television news broadcaster
William Henry Harrison (1773–1841), Indiana Territorial Governor and 9th President of the United States
Mitch Henderson, basketball head coach, Princeton
Charles T. Hinde, businessman and riverboat captain; briefly lived in Vincennes
Eric Holcomb, politician; Governor of Indiana since 2017
Buck Jones (1891–1942), actor, silent and 1930s film star
John Rice Jones, politician and jurist
Stanislaus P. La Lumiere, president of Marquette University
Alvy Moore (1921–1997), actor
Bill Olsen, athletic director, University of Louisville
Curtis Painter (b. 1985) football player, quarterback Purdue University, Indianapolis Colts, Baltimore Ravens, New York Giants
William Edward Phipps, film and television actor, born in Vincennes
Ollie Pickering (1870–1952), first batter in MLB American League history; lived and died in Vincennes
Red Skelton (1913–1997), comedian and film actor, star of The Red Skelton Show
Richard L. Stevens, brigadier general, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Dan Stryzinski, football player, punter for Indiana University and eight NFL teams
Sarah Knox Taylor (1814–1835), daughter of Zachary Taylor and first wife of Jefferson Davis
Waller Taylor, lawyer, Adjutant General, United States Senator from Indiana
Alice Terry (1899–1987), actress and director, silent films; wife of director Rex Ingram
Samuel Williams (1851–1913), judge and politician
And what is this a list of? I saw one guy graduated from a high school in Indianapolis and another guy graduated from a high school in California, so what's the common denominator with this list?
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-13-2018, 10:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
California does outspend Indy, but there is a large difference in cost of living/ teacher pay difference too. I whole heartedly agree with you that without caring, involved parents the kids will almost never do well in school. Poor performing parents are a big problem. Poor performing parents are often found in poor communities. Low income areas have barriers affluent areas dont have.
Sn, what is the range of teacher pay in California? In Ohio, beginning teachers star at $30,000- $45,000 and the max pay for teachers is $50,000 to $100,000 depending on whether the school district supports its schools or not! It only matters what your pay is the last 5 years of teaching because that is what your retirement is based on after 35 years of teaching. I would assume Ohio is more similar to Indiana than California for teacher pay.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-13-2018, 10:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
I guess I need you define poor. The last time I worked for a small business owner, he couldn't have been netting more than $60k a year and he and his wife worked at the business six days a week. Poor? Not below poverty line but certainly not wealthy.
In 2017 Poverty in America is defined at $15,000 for one person in a household and $30,000 for a family of four. Homeless are Not counted as poor and I believe the number of homeless in America are on the rise even though poverty may be on the decline.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-13-2018, 11:48 AM Reply   
A new low for POTUS. At least some repubs have the decency to call him out (not that Grant will).

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/13/u...eath-roll.html
Attached Images
  
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-13-2018, 11:51 AM Reply   
Hey Delta: Great points on the City vs Rural people. I agree because with your assment because I reside between the 2 “city life VS rural life” I might add I don’t think City people are stupid I think they have a totally different skill set. And great points on the false narrative that libs leaders push, that if you are a republican or consertivite (god forbid a TRUMP) supporter your a knuckle dragger. What’s ironic is Hilda beast called Trump supporters “a Bag of Deplorables” yup The 2016 Democratic leader for president alienated & divided half the country with that ONE statement alone, And then they have the nerve to say TRUMP is dividing us? Come on! Another one of Saul Alinskys famous quotes is to “accuse others of doing exactly what you’re doing”
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-13-2018, 12:07 PM Reply   
Wes: on the PR subject most of the loss of life in PR was from a failed power system (dialysis machines/refrigeration & other vital necessities could not be powered) the power grid was 3rd world b4 trump took office . It was run buy corrupt officials long b4 trump took office. People were living in tin shacks b4 trump took office, buildings were built with 3rd world Construction techniques long b4 trump took office. Along comes a natural disaster on a Island and It’s Trumps fault! Wow and you guys say I’m part of a cult? And my eyes are shut!

Wes did you know that a mayor Miguel Ortiz-Vélez of PR was arrested on corruption charges. Taking Millions of Disaster Relief funds. I know you love links so here are some. I’m sure this is all just another one of trumps fault.
https://www.housingwire.com/articles...e-of-hud-funds
https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/pu...federal-funds/
https://yournewswire.com/puerto-rico...raud-disaster/
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-13-2018, 12:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
In 2017 Poverty in America is defined at $15,000 for one person in a household and $30,000 for a family of four. Homeless are Not counted as poor and I believe the number of homeless in America are on the rise even though poverty may be on the decline.

Right. But if it’s the $60k guy giving me a job, why does giving the Wall Street billionaire a tax cut make sense? That was my point about the rural American trump voter not necessarily voting in his own interest.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-13-2018, 12:49 PM Reply   
because the self employed business owner also got a tax cut.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-13-2018, 1:41 PM Reply   
As usual GranTroll misses the point. Did you read the republican Florida gov's tweet there? The point is the POTUS is lying about how many people died in a tragedy. Imagine if President Bush claimed only 18 people died on 9/11 and that people were saying 3,000 died to make him look bad.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-13-2018, 2:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
And what is this a list of? I saw one guy graduated from a high school in Indianapolis and another guy graduated from a high school in California, so what's the common denominator with this list?
They all lived in my home town at one time. Point is, being from a poor area does not mean you will not achieve or be poorly educated.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-13-2018, 2:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
As usual GranTroll misses the point
So Wes If I don't follow your "Loony Lib Logic," Then I'm missing the point?

WES since u brought up 9/11 How many People Died on the day of 9/11 is one # How many people died with in days or weeks after 9/11? That's another # How many people are yet to die from complications from sickness they got while being in and around 9/11 That's another # that keeps going up.

What number would you like to use Wes?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-13-2018, 2:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Right. But if it’s the $60k guy giving me a job, why does giving the Wall Street billionaire a tax cut make sense? That was my point about the rural American trump voter not necessarily voting in his own interest.
I vote against my best interest all the time. I vote what is best for the country. The only people I have ever heard use the line about "voting against their own best interest" are democrats. Never heard a republican ever say that. We know how business works. If Country X offers a better deal than Country Y, then the business is going to move. Simple case of least resistance. If a business is entrenched, then it will take more to get the momentum to move.

I bet anything that a $60,000 a year guy is not giving you a job. That may be the supervisor pay but that person is not affording to budget you at least nothing meaningful.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-13-2018, 2:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Hey Delta: Great points on the City vs Rural people. I agree because with your assment because I reside between the 2 “city life VS rural life” I might add I don’t think City people are stupid I think they have a totally different skill set. And great points on the false narrative that libs leaders push, that if you are a republican or consertivite (god forbid a TRUMP) supporter your a knuckle dragger. What’s ironic is Hilda beast called Trump supporters “a Bag of Deplorables” yup The 2016 Democratic leader for president alienated & divided half the country with that ONE statement alone, And then they have the nerve to say TRUMP is dividing us? Come on! Another one of Saul Alinskys famous quotes is to “accuse others of doing exactly what you’re doing”
I don't think they are all stupid, however I have seen and heard my share of them. I say that because the actual smart ones in the city see how ignorant their lowest denominators are and figure that rural people must be even more stupid because apparently only city people get exposed to books and learning.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-13-2018, 2:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
They all lived in my home town at one time. Point is, being from a poor area does not mean you will not achieve or be poorly educated.
Strawman argument. It's not about cherry picking individuals who prove a point no one is arguing is wrong. If you operate on the principal that it's possible for an uneducated poor person to become successful, then you will have a society full of poor uneducated people and a small list of a few that managed to become successful.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-13-2018, 2:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
The only people I have ever heard use the line about "voting against their own best interest" are democrats. Never heard a republican ever say that.
LOL, the reason why you only hear democrats saying it is because it's the republicans who are always complaining about democrats voting in their interest. Apparently democrats are smart enough to understand that everyone votes in their own interest, and republicans aren't. Hence, the particular dynamic that you have observed.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-13-2018, 3:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post

I bet anything that a $60,000 a year guy is not giving you a job. That may be the supervisor pay but that person is not affording to budget you at least nothing meaningful.

:-( you vastly overestimate the profitability of a brick and mortar mom and pop bicycle shop. Granted this was some years ago, but also before the interwebs made it impossible to make a profit on parts too.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-13-2018, 3:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
Sn, what is the range of teacher pay in California? In Ohio, beginning teachers star at $30,000- $45,000 and the max pay for teachers is $50,000 to $100,000 depending on whether the school district supports its schools or not! It only matters what your pay is the last 5 years of teaching because that is what your retirement is based on after 35 years of teaching. I would assume Ohio is more similar to Indiana than California for teacher pay.
In CA teachers start at about $40K. Long term experienced teachers are $90K. Agree on how teachers union retirement pension works, based on last 5 years.
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       09-13-2018, 5:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Wes: on the PR subject most of the loss of life in PR was from a failed power system (dialysis machines/refrigeration & other vital necessities could not be powered) the power grid was 3rd world b4 trump took office . It was run buy corrupt officials long b4 trump took office. People were living in tin shacks b4 trump took office, buildings were built with 3rd world Construction techniques long b4 trump took office. Along comes a natural disaster on a Island and It’s Trumps fault! Wow and you guys say I’m part of a cult? And my eyes are shut!

Wes did you know that a mayor Miguel Ortiz-Vélez of PR was arrested on corruption charges. Taking Millions of Disaster Relief funds. I know you love links so here are some. I’m sure this is all just another one of trumps fault.
https://www.housingwire.com/articles...e-of-hud-funds
https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/pu...federal-funds/
https://yournewswire.com/puerto-rico...raud-disaster/

Seriously Grant, where do you get your information from? I know I accuse you of being part of a cult and a Fox news fan boy but I really dont know what media you consume and I would really like to know.

The reason I ask is simple. I see many responses from you like the one above. They may be fact but they are totally off point to the agrgument being made. They are logic distractions designed to get you off point and focused on something else. There was a corrupt mayor in PR the fact that PR was in bad shape have nothing to do with the point.

Donald Trump is flat out lying because he thinks 3k people dying looks bad. You can get technical around when and how they died but this seems to be pretty clear.

Why do you think he is making this tweet.


So I ask again, where do you get your media from?


As a side note I lived with a Narcissist for 2 years. It was horrible. Trump has displayed the signs of Narcissistic Personlidty disorder to me since early on the campaign trail I am not a mental health professional but he screams Narcissist. I don't want to go overboard with this because Ivreally don't want you to call me a liberal loon, because I see that as you dealing with congnative disodence and ignoring the point at had. I can't change your mind about this. All I can do is ask you to open your eyes. Increase your information, draw your line in the sand now. Watch as it gets worse and worse.

I feel like you (and the conservative media) has been working so hard to defend Trump that it's now more of a game then a reality check.

What is more important to you, Trump or the Republicans Party? Trump or the USA? Because I think very soon you will need to make a decision on this.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-13-2018, 6:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
So I ask again, where do you get your media from?
What kind of question is that! I get my news the same place every other liberal Loon does!
Miss Cleo
Attached Images
 
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       09-13-2018, 7:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
What kind of question is that! I get my news the same place every other liberal Loon does!
Miss Cleo

Come on man, I am legitimately interested. Can't you just awnser the question.

As a side note can anybody here recommend good conservative media? Something that as a conservative bias but not the fox/CNN talking head bull****.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-13-2018, 7:52 PM Reply   
Don't feed the troll.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-14-2018, 12:58 PM Reply   
http://www.thekansan.com/zz/news/201...duct-in-school

What a f&*king joke the dems have become.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-14-2018, 2:04 PM Reply   
Can you blame them? They are desperate. Kavenaugh is an extreme conservative.
The GOP is playing by their own ever changing rule book. GOp blocked Obamas nomination a year prior to elections. Now that Kennedy conveniently retired Trump gets another pick less than 2 months before election. Constantly moving the goal post and playing by new rules. They greased the process to speed up, they refused to allow info on Kav. It took Kav 3 years after Bush nominated him to pass, his history was problematic back then. He lied to the senate on at least 2 (more likely 4)separate occasions. Our president is under more investigations than any president in history. There are plenty of people who expect him to be impeached/indicted/subpoenaed for Grand Jury testimony. Several in his campaign have already admitted guilt and are working with prosecutors. Today Trumps campaign manager pleaded guilty and is cooperating...as is his personal atty, his CFO at trumporg, his pal Mr. Pecker/the Enquirer is cooperating, Gates, Flynn...the list gets bigger weekly. Knowing that, Trump picks the one guy on the list that believes a sitting president cannot be subpoenaed, indicted or face any charges while president. That type of stuff is a threat to our National Security. As far as Dems, they are not happy about his views re womens health rights,Gun rights, religious rights, Gay rights.... There are questions about who paid off his debts, questions if he already spoke with attys defending trump in the Russia scandal. Kav is seriously flawed and the GOP is gonna hand him a lifetime robe. The most likely to be found guilty president in history is literally picking his own judge. The GOP, and conservatives better snug down those blinders, this is ugly.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-14-2018, 3:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Can you blame them? They are desperate. Kavenaugh is an extreme conservative.
The GOP is playing by their own ever changing rule book. GOp blocked Obamas nomination a year prior to elections. Now that Kennedy conveniently retired Trump gets another pick less than 2 months before election. Constantly moving the goal post and playing by new rules. They greased the process to speed up, they refused to allow info on Kav. It took Kav 3 years after Bush nominated him to pass, his history was problematic back then. He lied to the senate on at least 2 (more likely 4)separate occasions. Our president is under more investigations than any president in history. There are plenty of people who expect him to be impeached/indicted/subpoenaed for Grand Jury testimony. Several in his campaign have already admitted guilt and are working with prosecutors. Today Trumps campaign manager pleaded guilty and is cooperating...as is his personal atty, his CFO at trumporg, his pal Mr. Pecker/the Enquirer is cooperating, Gates, Flynn...the list gets bigger weekly. Knowing that, Trump picks the one guy on the list that believes a sitting president cannot be subpoenaed, indicted or face any charges while president. That type of stuff is a threat to our National Security. As far as Dems, they are not happy about his views re womens health rights,Gun rights, religious rights, Gay rights.... There are questions about who paid off his debts, questions if he already spoke with attys defending trump in the Russia scandal. Kav is seriously flawed and the GOP is gonna hand him a lifetime robe. The most likely to be found guilty president in history is literally picking his own judge. The GOP, and conservatives better snug down those blinders, this is ugly.
Questions if he spoke to an attys defending trump. oh my. This is moving to the absurd. That communist Harris from California asks that question and you are bringing it out as a serious discussion point. get our of here with that. I don't think you realize it, but you are a democrat through and through.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-14-2018, 3:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blamey View Post
Seriously Grant, where do you get your information from? I know I accuse you of being part of a cult and a Fox news fan boy but I really dont know what media you consume and I would really like to know.

The reason I ask is simple. I see many responses from you like the one above. They may be fact but they are totally off point to the agrgument being made. They are logic distractions designed to get you off point and focused on something else. There was a corrupt mayor in PR the fact that PR was in bad shape have nothing to do with the point.

Donald Trump is flat out lying because he thinks 3k people dying looks bad. You can get technical around when and how they died but this seems to be pretty clear.

Why do you think he is making this tweet.


So I ask again, where do you get your media from?


As a side note I lived with a Narcissist for 2 years. It was horrible. Trump has displayed the signs of Narcissistic Personlidty disorder to me since early on the campaign trail I am not a mental health professional but he screams Narcissist. I don't want to go overboard with this because Ivreally don't want you to call me a liberal loon, because I see that as you dealing with congnative disodence and ignoring the point at had. I can't change your mind about this. All I can do is ask you to open your eyes. Increase your information, draw your line in the sand now. Watch as it gets worse and worse.

I feel like you (and the conservative media) has been working so hard to defend Trump that it's now more of a game then a reality check.

What is more important to you, Trump or the Republicans Party? Trump or the USA? Because I think very soon you will need to make a decision on this.
I ask the same to you. Which do you care more about. The democrats globalist dreams or America. It is a question that is already on you because that is where the fight and more importantly the potential civil war will center around.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-14-2018, 5:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Questions if he spoke to an attys defending trump. oh my. This is moving to the absurd. That communist Harris from California asks that question and you are bringing it out as a serious discussion point. get our of here with that. I don't think you realize it, but you are a democrat through and through.
First, Why the need to call Harris names, its so FOX. Do Dems do that?
Yes it is absurd a sitting presidents choice for scotus is having discussions with the presidents attys who are defending him on charges ranging from obstruction of justice, money laundering, conspiracy against the USA......
When she asked him, he squirmed. Instead of answering, he asked who she thought he talked to. He fudged. He looked like a kid caught with his hands in the cookie jar. Was not his best moment. It was a serious question and caught him off guard. So, you think think trump should be able to pick his own judge? (not can a pres pick a scotus, but should a guy under so much investigation, should he pick the guy who will keep him subpoena free).

How many felons does the average American hang out with? Trump, the guy who only hires the best...his list of friends that are felons is getting longer every week. Thats not odd?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-14-2018, 6:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
First, Why the need to call Harris names, its so FOX. Do Dems do that?
Yes it is absurd a sitting presidents choice for scotus is having discussions with the presidents attys who are defending him on charges ranging from obstruction of justice, money laundering, conspiracy against the USA......
When she asked him, he squirmed. Instead of answering, he asked who she thought he talked to. He fudged. He looked like a kid caught with his hands in the cookie jar. Was not his best moment. It was a serious question and caught him off guard. So, you think think trump should be able to pick his own judge? (not can a pres pick a scotus, but should a guy under so much investigation, should he pick the guy who will keep him subpoena free).

How many felons does the average American hang out with? Trump, the guy who only hires the best...his list of friends that are felons is getting longer every week. Thats not odd?
That absolutely do that. I guess you don't read too many democrat websites. Interesting you consider communist a name and not a political stance.

He answered the question appropriately. Only thing she was fishing for was a gotya sound bite. It was not an appropriate question at all. Not even in the ball park question. He did a damn good job answering that question of the idiot. So I assume you approve of here outright lie of him quoting the position of another group and her editing it and sending it out saying it was his position?

Yes Trump should be able to pick his own judge. He is the president.

What does hanging out with a felon have to do with anything. I have hung out with several. You can be considered a felon for many things.

You have exactly the same shallow democrat logic. How can a guy under so much investigation be able to do anything you say? Wow! They are the ones investigating him. Of course they would like nothing more than to keep him from nominating a Justice. The Supreme court is the end game for defeating the Constitution and you are going right along with it because you have some boner for Trump.

Jesus Fing Christ man. Do you even hear yourself? It is really just like me calling you a A-hole or something, then talking to your wife or a perspective employer and asking them how you can be married or employee an A-hole. We then have useful idiots arguing that we need to void your wife's, employers and your rights because I accused you of being a A-hole. This is basically the argument you are making.

It was just like you democrats wanted to put people on a no fly list on a can not buy guns list. Who decides who is on a no fly list? of course the democrats were in charge of who went on the list at the time. So a un-elected body would void your rights under the law and you democrats were perfectly fine with that type of logic. That is why you guys are dangerous.

The so called list of felons are only that way because the democrats are choosing to do so. Anyone else would have had a tax audit and got a fine. You sure as heck don't see Al Sharpton doing time for all his tax evasion.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-14-2018, 6:30 PM Reply   
Huh? Robert Mueller (a republican) is doing the investigating at the behest of Trump's own handpicked Attorney General, also a republican from Alabama no less.

Rod, numerous times on this board you've argued that Clinton should have been removed from office because he could have been blackmailed about a BJ, yet you have zero concern about what pressure could be brought to bear on the Don, lol.

Also, when you wrote "that communist Harris" you were clearly using it pejoratively.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-16-2018, 4:56 PM Reply   
Thank Gawd: Emotional Idiots like Wes and “community Organizers” like Obozo no longer run country. We are all laughing at u librial loons
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-17-2018, 8:17 AM Reply   
Can you blame them?"

Absolutely.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-17-2018, 8:54 AM Reply   
LMFAO.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...Ymd?li=BBnb7Kz
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-17-2018, 9:05 AM Reply   
^^^Political Theatrics^^^
This is what the Liberal Loons do best. Fake outrage & simulated concern, don’t you live how Feinstein sat on this letter from the “Vitcum” since July. And why didn’t Feinstein ask about it when she had him right in front of her at the confirmation hearings. I think these dirty politics tricks Dems have made them selfs look so foolish. O well it’s good for the GOP. If it’s not one Liberial loon politician making headlines its another.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-17-2018, 2:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
http://www.thekansan.com/zz/news/201...duct-in-school

What a f&*king joke the dems have become.
Hey dude, when Trump decided to choose his SC pick based on his views on charging and prosecuting sitting presidents, anyone with half a brain had to know that the democrats would pull out all of the stops in stopping this. I wouldn't expect anything less from the republicans if the roles were reversed.

And if a guy committed sexual misconduct deserves to answer for it. SC nominee or not. Clarence Thomas faced similar scrutiny.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-17-2018, 7:39 PM Reply   
i don't care den or rep, if i said i was at a party when i was 15, i couldn't remember if i tried. He was drunk, i guess she was too. both at the "party" was she not drinking, what if its a totally different person. how many people went to a party, under age, with alcohol and remember anything.

These 30 year swings make anyone, either side look stupid. I have 2 daughter, I am very sensitive to women and their security and safety. I just cant see why anyone would travel down this path. She has something to gain or she would of let it lie.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-17-2018, 7:53 PM Reply   
Knowing what we all know about demAtards
We can pretty much assume this $hit is made up. I heard Kavanaugh was the one with pee pee’d on the Russian hookers !!!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-18-2018, 3:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Knowing what we all know about demAtards
We can pretty much assume this $hit is made up. I heard Kavanaugh was the one with pee pee’d on the Russian hookers !!!
That's rich. Trump has been documented numerous times lying to the American people and you are talking about "making $hit up". If a party currently has a credibility problem, it's certainly not the democrats. Maybe if you would remove your face from Trump's buttcrack and come up for air every once in awhile, maybe you could somewhat detect the irony in your statements.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-18-2018, 3:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
i don't care den or rep, if i said i was at a party when i was 15, i couldn't remember if i tried. He was drunk, i guess she was too. both at the "party" was she not drinking, what if its a totally different person. how many people went to a party, under age, with alcohol and remember anything.

These 30 year swings make anyone, either side look stupid. I have 2 daughter, I am very sensitive to women and their security and safety. I just cant see why anyone would travel down this path. She has something to gain or she would of let it lie.
Well, at least your daughters know they have a father that would rather have them remain silent as opposed to "looking stupid" by mentioning potential sexual abuse. If Kavanaugh was being nominated by a Democratic president, I'm sure your tone would be totally different.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-18-2018, 6:24 AM Reply   
this is really different from Clarence Thomas tho. There the allegations were recent and happened while both were adults. Here the allegation is pretty fuzzy ... as in we aren't even really sure what month let alone day? They were kids. And this is not to defend him, but he was acting the way popular, drunk young men acted at parties like this back then. It was a girl's house, they wanted the boys there... <-- and that all sounds a lot like victim blaming.

I dunno I'm totally conflicted on this one. Regardless of whether he committed this particular act, methinks there's going to be a lot of questions about teenage partying... that he's had a lifetime to grow out of and forget about.

I've joked with my HS/College friends that I'm really glad to be too old for social media and everyone walking around with an internet enabled HD camera in their pocket all the time, because we'd be unemployable if some of our escapades ever came to light. Now we just get to tell each other boring stories about the glory days (thanks Bruce, nailed that one).

And this lady... good god is she going to get skewered on the national stage (whether or not she's telling the truth). Hard to see much motivation for an educated professional who lives 3000 miles away to come nuke him other than that she really believes this. It's gonna completely turn her life upside down.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-18-2018, 6:27 AM Reply   
"She has something to gain or she would of let it lie."

Retribution, the consequent peace of mind, and finally the opportunity to "let it die". But you didn't think of that.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-18-2018, 8:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Hey dude, when Trump decided to choose his SC pick based on his views on charging and prosecuting sitting presidents, anyone with half a brain had to know that the democrats would pull out all of the stops in stopping this. I wouldn't expect anything less from the republicans if the roles were reversed.

And if a guy committed sexual misconduct deserves to answer for it. SC nominee or not. Clarence Thomas faced similar scrutiny.
Hey dude, if the roles were reversed and republicans were bringing up this kind of crap from 30 years ago I would be making fun of it too. This whole think is a joke that doesn't deserve any traction. If she was raped/abused she should have brought it up WAY before now. If it was "misconduct" they are trying to accuse him of from being in HS, then its even more of a joke.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-18-2018, 10:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
this is really different from Clarence Thomas tho.
Not really sure about that, Thomas Lost 40 votes and still passed the 50 vote mark. Kavanaugh cannot lose 2 votes after the hearing.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-18-2018, 10:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Huh? Robert Mueller (a republican) is doing the investigating at the behest of Trump's own handpicked Attorney General, also a republican from Alabama no less.

Rod, numerous times on this board you've argued that Clinton should have been removed from office because he could have been blackmailed about a BJ, yet you have zero concern about what pressure could be brought to bear on the Don, lol.

Also, when you wrote "that communist Harris" you were clearly using it pejoratively.
Wrong again. Never argued that he should be removed. I argued that him lying under oath is a reason to be disbarred. The arguments that you would make is he was impeached over a blow job. He was not impeached over a blow job. He was impeached over him lying in a court of law in which a woman was taking him to court for sexual harassment. He was a lawyer who lied in court. That is a big deal.

As far as that stuff goes, yes he can be blackmailed if he is holding secrets like that. I am held to that standard in my job, he should be held that that standard.

I don't care one bit about Trump at this point. He has been under attack from square one. That has not been one second of objectivity in regards to him. If it is coming from a democrats mouth, I don't care one bit. I already know it is a lie. That party and it's supporters are the enemy as far as I am concerned.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-18-2018, 10:57 AM Reply   
"I don't care one bit. I already know it is a lie."

" He was a lawyer who lied in court. That is a big deal."

So the only liars you don't have a concern about is the one in the WH and the ones he surrounds himself with. Anyone who isn't concerned about the Moron in Chief lying isn't really concerned about lying at all.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-18-2018, 11:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
Not really sure about that, Thomas Lost 40 votes and still passed the 50 vote mark. Kavanaugh cannot lose 2 votes after the hearing.

My point wasn’t the political stakes are different. Rather that the factual allegations, the age of the allegations, and the age of the parties at the time of the alleged conduct are very very different from Thomas’s more recent workplace harassment.

I think I finally understand how an undecided voter must feel before an election. I really don’t know what to think until I see the hearings next week.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-18-2018, 12:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
"I don't care one bit. I already know it is a lie."

" He was a lawyer who lied in court. That is a big deal."

So the only liars you don't have a concern about is the one in the WH and the ones he surrounds himself with. Anyone who isn't concerned about the Moron in Chief lying isn't really concerned about lying at all.
According to you people, him even breathing is a lie. I don't hold any expectations that what you democrats call a lie is indeed a lie. You have zero objectivity in the matter. You certainly have shown as long as a democrat lies to you that you are ok with it. What is the difference now?

If a politician is talking, he or she is most likely lying. That is why I don't go around loosing my mind at every speech from any politician. I look at policy.

Last edited by DeltaHoosier; 09-18-2018 at 12:13 PM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-18-2018, 12:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
according to you people, him even breathing is a lie. I don't hold any expectations that what you democrats call a lie is indeed a lie. You have zero objectivity in the matter. You certainly have shown as long as a democrat lies to you that you are ok with it. What is the difference now?

If a politician is talking, he or she is most likely lying. That is why i don't go around loosing my mind at every speech from any politician. I look at policy.
exactly!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-18-2018, 1:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
According to you people, him even breathing is a lie. I don't hold any expectations that what you democrats call a lie is indeed a lie. You have zero objectivity in the matter. You certainly have shown as long as a democrat lies to you that you are ok with it. What is the difference now?
The difference is that you are defending a blatant liar who is the top man in charge of the US. Not sure if you are incapable of seeing a blatant lie when it's in your face. Or if you are pretending to be stupid because the lies he tells are fine with you and you are just putting on a facade for the political game. Either way "stupid" is the only conclusion to draw if I'm to presume you are speaking with an honest belief.

WRT all those people in Congress, no one here actually has any say about 98% of them. Even less if you didn't vote for them. So trying to broad brush the blame with a nebulous accusation is a tactic for the willfully ignorant.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-18-2018, 2:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
The difference is that you are defending a blatant liar who is the top man in charge of the US. Not sure if you are incapable of seeing a blatant lie when it's in your face. Or if you are pretending to be stupid because the lies he tells are fine with you and you are just putting on a facade for the political game. Either way "stupid" is the only conclusion to draw if I'm to presume you are speaking with an honest belief.

WRT all those people in Congress, no one here actually has any say about 98% of them. Even less if you didn't vote for them. So trying to broad brush the blame with a nebulous accusation is a tactic for the willfully ignorant.
Stupid is people like you running around calling everyone liars and believing in politics. I don't listen to Trump speak. I don't really care for his communication style and never have. I do love the fact that he is driving democrats nuts so I love it on the pure joy of my growing hatred for your party. I did not listen to Obama speak. I did not listen to Bush speak. I did not listen to Clinton speak. Did not listen to father Bush speak. There is little to be gained from any of it. When they all speak they are only saying things that they feel the base wants to hear. I look at policy. I see Trumps policies being pro American. I saw Obama's and democrats in general to be Anti American. I was NAFTA as being anti American. That was mostly Bush 1 and Clinton. I look at every time a Republican gets elected, there is violence from the left, movies made about how the Republican is going to end the world, media attacks over and over, etc. Rinse and repeat. I know who the dangerous people are in this equation and so does the rest of middle America.

Kind of funny you try and paint my apathy for your position as nebulous accusations of the willfully ignorant when your party literally uses that as a tactic over and over. From Harry Reed to Feinstein, that has always been their playbook.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-18-2018, 2:28 PM Reply   
"Kind of funny you try and paint my apathy for your position as nebulous accusations of the willfully ignorant when your party literally uses that as a tactic over and over."

I'm talking to you about your words. You talk to me about other people's words. That alone makes you look like an idiot. You admitted you are ignorant of the what the country's Presidents say, while condemning those who have an opinion about what they say. How deep do you intend to dig this hole?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-18-2018, 3:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Wrong again. Never argued that he should be removed. I argued that him lying under oath is a reason to be disbarred. The arguments that you would make is he was impeached over a blow job. He was not impeached over a blow job. He was impeached over him lying in a court of law in which a woman was taking him to court for sexual harassment. He was a lawyer who lied in court. That is a big deal.

As far as that stuff goes, yes he can be blackmailed if he is holding secrets like that. I am held to that standard in my job, he should be held that that standard.

I don't care one bit about Trump at this point. He has been under attack from square one. That has not been one second of objectivity in regards to him. If it is coming from a democrats mouth, I don't care one bit. I already know it is a lie. That party and it's supporters are the enemy as far as I am concerned.
Kavanaugh lied under oath, more than once. He lied under oath about the stolen democrats policy/strategy documents in the Bush years. He stated under oath he had no knowledge of them. They provided his emails showing he had them. So a "Judge" lying is ok?
Poor trump under attack since day one? This is the guy that popularized the phrase "grab em by the pussy" right? The guy that hired Mike Flynn and Paul Manafort, both convicted felons right? The guy who decided putin is more trustworthy than US Intelligence, right? The guy who worked side by side with for over10 years with atty and convicted felon M. Cohen, right? The guy who sided with the alt-right stating there were Good people on both sides guy, right? The guy addicted like a 12 year old to his twitter. The guy that has 3 unflattering books written about him in the last year, one by one of his chosen employees. The guy being sued by a porn star and an old playmate that he was banging while married to his 3rd wife. The immigrant wife, the one whos parents just got citizenship thru chain migration. The guy who said NKorea is not a nuke threat anymore, right? The guy who only takes credit yet refuses to share in blame. The guy born on third base believing he hit a triple. He brings a lot of it on himself. It is a long and documented list of reasons why trump has people that dislike him. He tends to add to that list often and his approval numbers bare it out. The liar is the guy running the show.

I think the fbi should investigate the charges against Kav, see if there is truth behind them. Then put them on the stand and see where the cards lay.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-18-2018, 5:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
"Kind of funny you try and paint my apathy for your position as nebulous accusations of the willfully ignorant when your party literally uses that as a tactic over and over."

I'm talking to you about your words. You talk to me about other people's words. That alone makes you look like an idiot. You admitted you are ignorant of the what the country's Presidents say, while condemning those who have an opinion about what they say. How deep do you intend to dig this hole?
You would sound half way intelligent, however you only have heard a narrative of the words said by the politicians then run around like a chicken with your head cut off. Again, you did not care one bit when the democrats lied to you and even less when you found out they directly lied about the policy they put into service. I would not say I am in a hole, I would say that I am not reactionary. You are the one saying I am defending Trump. I would say, show me where? Only thing I have I speak about is lack of evidence and your hypocrisy. I have never been a Trump guy, however I hate the policies that you believe in.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-18-2018, 6:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Kavanaugh lied under oath, more than once. He lied under oath about the stolen democrats policy/strategy documents in the Bush years. He stated under oath he had no knowledge of them. They provided his emails showing he had them. So a "Judge" lying is ok?
Poor trump under attack since day one? This is the guy that popularized the phrase "grab em by the pussy" right? The guy that hired Mike Flynn and Paul Manafort, both convicted felons right? The guy who decided putin is more trustworthy than US Intelligence, right? The guy who worked side by side with for over10 years with atty and convicted felon M. Cohen, right? The guy who sided with the alt-right stating there were Good people on both sides guy, right? The guy addicted like a 12 year old to his twitter. The guy that has 3 unflattering books written about him in the last year, one by one of his chosen employees. The guy being sued by a porn star and an old playmate that he was banging while married to his 3rd wife. The immigrant wife, the one whos parents just got citizenship thru chain migration. The guy who said NKorea is not a nuke threat anymore, right? The guy who only takes credit yet refuses to share in blame. The guy born on third base believing he hit a triple. He brings a lot of it on himself. It is a long and documented list of reasons why trump has people that dislike him. He tends to add to that list often and his approval numbers bare it out. The liar is the guy running the show.

I think the fbi should investigate the charges against Kav, see if there is truth behind them. Then put them on the stand and see where the cards lay.
And you know this how?

You really believe if I pull up any document that you have written in 30 years and start questioning you about it, you don't remember it, then I provide the document, and I can start calling you a liar? You seem to have a very slight grasp regarding context don't you?

Was he now attack since day one? You want me to go back to the beginning of this thread and pull up your posts alone?

Grab them in the pussy? You mean the context where he was talking about how women throw themselves at rich dudes and a guy could do that because they are being whores? You mean that? Was that conversation between you and him? Or is that some of that soap opera tail carrying again?

You mean to tell me that there was not some good people on both sides? Was everyone one there alt right? Do you know that for a fact or you just into soap opera stuff again? What troubles me more is you have not spoken one work against the ANTIFA. Very telling that you point to the right but completely leave out the vastly outnumbering communists that were there. I would like to think that I would be mad at Trump for considering anyone on the left there as being a good person. We know that is not true. You people are disgusting low lifes.

3 people wrote books to get paid about someone who is a hot topic? Oh no. Say it isn't so!!! Micheal Moore did moves against Bush. Bush must have been a real monster. They did a Day After Tomorrow during Reagan trying to pin the end of the world on his policies. Must have been the worst person ever.

So Trump is addicted to Twitter like you are addicted to drama? You two should have parties together. You would be great friends.

On no. born on third base? Ha. You where born in california. To the rest of the world and most of this country, you were born half way to home. We don't go around using that to say you are a horrible person.

Get over yourself. I don't care about your drama talking points. You need to stop talking to teachers union reps and get on with life. You are a democrat through and through. At every turn, you have sided with communist talking points. Never once have I seen you write anything that is conservative in view. Only thing Republican about your is your claim, however your body of writing says otherwise. Does that make you a liar?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-18-2018, 6:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Kavanaugh lied under oath, more than once. He lied under oath about the stolen democrats policy/strategy documents in the Bush years. He stated under oath he had no knowledge of them. They provided his emails showing he had them. So a "Judge" lying is ok?
Poor trump under attack since day one? This is the guy that popularized the phrase "grab em by the pussy" right? The guy that hired Mike Flynn and Paul Manafort, both convicted felons right? The guy who decided putin is more trustworthy than US Intelligence, right? The guy who worked side by side with for over10 years with atty and convicted felon M. Cohen, right? The guy who sided with the alt-right stating there were Good people on both sides guy, right? The guy addicted like a 12 year old to his twitter. The guy that has 3 unflattering books written about him in the last year, one by one of his chosen employees. The guy being sued by a porn star and an old playmate that he was banging while married to his 3rd wife. The immigrant wife, the one whos parents just got citizenship thru chain migration. The guy who said NKorea is not a nuke threat anymore, right? The guy who only takes credit yet refuses to share in blame. The guy born on third base believing he hit a triple. He brings a lot of it on himself. It is a long and documented list of reasons why trump has people that dislike him. He tends to add to that list often and his approval numbers bare it out. The liar is the guy running the show.

I think the fbi should investigate the charges against Kav, see if there is truth behind them. Then put them on the stand and see where the cards lay.
Also, you know that the FBI does not investigate hearsay from 30 years ago right? Especially where there is a witness that said it did not happen or you into the Duke Lacrosse type of justice. And you wonder why I think you democrats are disgusting people.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-18-2018, 7:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Also, you know that the FBI does not investigate hearsay from 30 years ago right? Especially where there is a witness that said it did not happen or you into the Duke Lacrosse type of justice. And you wonder why I think you democrats are disgusting people.
Guys like you are the reason that many Catholic priests got away with raping young children for decades. I hope you are proud of yourself. The only leg you try to stand on is, "At least I'm not a democrat." I was actually kind of looking forward to discussing things with you when you came back from your hiatus. Now, you debate on the same level as Grant.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-18-2018, 7:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
Hey dude, if the roles were reversed and republicans were bringing up this kind of crap from 30 years ago I would be making fun of it too. This whole think is a joke that doesn't deserve any traction. If she was raped/abused she should have brought it up WAY before now. If it was "misconduct" they are trying to accuse him of from being in HS, then its even more of a joke.
No you wouldn't. You didn't say $hit when the republicans brought up Obama's relationship with Bill Ayers. Plenty of sexual abuse victims wait years to "bring it up". You have no right to say when it is appropriate to "bring it up". Her bringing this up is likely going to make her life hell because of the mentality of guys like you and other Trump supporters. She was plenty successful enough before she made public the Kavanaugh story. She gave the information to her congresswoman back in July. Why don't you at least hear the details instead of immediately blaming the potential victim.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-18-2018, 7:15 PM Reply   
"You would sound half way intelligent, however you only have heard a narrative of the words said by the politicians then run around like a chicken with your head cut off."

I'm still trying to parse this.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-18-2018, 7:21 PM Reply   
wake77. never, never make a comment about how i would care for my children or support my children. Do you understand?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-18-2018, 7:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Guys like you are the reason that many Catholic priests got away with raping young children for decades. I hope you are proud of yourself. The only leg you try to stand on is, "At least I'm not a democrat." I was actually kind of looking forward to discussing things with you when you came back from your hiatus. Now, you debate on the same level as Grant.
I am pretty sure you were not.

If you can not see this is politics, then I can not have any discussion with you. want me to break out the time democrat Harry Reed did this exact same thing. Said that he heard of an allegation. He make it up on the spot. The democrats knew about the allegation for over a month. This lady knew about it for 30 years. She is a democrat and even gives money to democrat causes. You really want people to believe there is truth to this? All the people who knew him say that is not who he was and even the people at the party say this did not happen.

You want to cry that any of this is not politics? If this among many other things is what the democrat party has become, then yes, I am glad that I am not a democrat.

You want to have a little democrat fun. It is now legal for children as young as 12 to start transitioning without their parents permission in my daughters old school district. They also have common bathrooms and are not allowed to refer to them as boys and girls. Just love me some democrat control
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-18-2018, 7:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
"You would sound half way intelligent, however you only have heard a narrative of the words said by the politicians then run around like a chicken with your head cut off."

I'm still trying to parse this.
Hell of a sentence structure huh?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-18-2018, 7:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
No you wouldn't. You didn't say $hit when the republicans brought up Obama's relationship with Bill Ayers. Plenty of sexual abuse victims wait years to "bring it up". You have no right to say when it is appropriate to "bring it up". Her bringing this up is likely going to make her life hell because of the mentality of guys like you and other Trump supporters. She was plenty successful enough before she made public the Kavanaugh story. She gave the information to her congresswoman back in July. Why don't you at least hear the details instead of immediately blaming the potential victim.
And why would she give this information to her congress woman in July? Do you randomly give "information/ allegations" from 30 years ago to your congress person? You do if you are trying to do politics.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-19-2018, 3:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
wake77. never, never make a comment about how i would care for my children or support my children. Do you understand?
You said it with your own words pal, not me. But if you think I'm going to be bullied online, you are sadly mistaken. Do you understand?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-19-2018, 3:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
I am pretty sure you were not.

If you can not see this is politics, then I can not have any discussion with you. want me to break out the time democrat Harry Reed did this exact same thing. Said that he heard of an allegation. He make it up on the spot. The democrats knew about the allegation for over a month. This lady knew about it for 30 years. She is a democrat and even gives money to democrat causes. You really want people to believe there is truth to this? All the people who knew him say that is not who he was and even the people at the party say this did not happen.

You want to cry that any of this is not politics? If this among many other things is what the democrat party has become, then yes, I am glad that I am not a democrat.

You want to have a little democrat fun. It is now legal for children as young as 12 to start transitioning without their parents permission in my daughters old school district. They also have common bathrooms and are not allowed to refer to them as boys and girls. Just love me some democrat control
So who's to say why she waited that long to mention the incident? Did you or any of the other republicans say anything when Leann Tweeden, a Sean Hannity sweetheart who gives money to republican causes (sound familiar?), waited over 10 years to mention her BS allegations against Al Franken? Oh that's right, you didn't.

Since Ford has come forward, she has received death threats, her address was posted on Twitter by white nationalists, and her family had to leave their home. And you wonder why she waited so long to come forward. Do you have even an ounce of decency?

Dr. Ford is highly regarded and recently had over 20 people from her high school spoke highly of her integrity. I guess that doesn't matter.

You hypocrisy is mind-blowing, but keep telling yourself, "at least I'm not a democrat". Whatever makes you sleep easier at night.

Last edited by wake77; 09-19-2018 at 3:54 AM.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-19-2018, 3:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
And why would she give this information to her congress woman in July? Do you randomly give "information/ allegations" from 30 years ago to your congress person? You do if you are trying to do politics.
Why did the Swift-boat veterans wait for their allegations against John Kerry? Do you really want to continue down this road? It's only making you look more naive.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-19-2018, 9:09 AM Reply   
"Since Ford has come forward, she has received death threats, her address was posted on Twitter by white nationalists, and her family had to leave their home. And you wonder why she waited so long to come forward. Do you have even an ounce of decency?"

If you subscribe to DeltaHoosier's logic that everyone in the same political party is guilty of any belief or action committed by someone in that party, then he's the one sending the death threats.

But we aren't that stupid.
Old     (TimesNewRoman)      Join Date: Feb 2018       09-19-2018, 9:17 AM Reply   
This isn't about women, it's about politics. Wake up!

After Republicans vote Kavanaugh in we will be hearing about how the party doesn't take sexual misconduct allegations seriously for the next year.

You can't definitively prove or disprove the allegations. But you can change the narrative. Thank you democrats, very cool!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-19-2018, 9:37 AM Reply   
^^ Exactley^^
Most people with a Normal functioning Brain can see what’s going on from a mile away. “Political Theatrics” & Fake Liberal Outrage. This is just another Democratic Circus/Nothing Burger. Ironic how all these Free thinkers & self proclaimed wake world Mensa Recipients here like Wes & wake can’t see it. Talk about having your head so far up The democratic party’s ass. Nothing you guys come up with is unique or original. You just rehash what ever the echo chamber media tells you. But it’s no surprise when you live in your moms basement.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-19-2018, 10:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
"Since Ford has come forward, she has received death threats, her address was posted on Twitter by white nationalists, and her family had to leave their home. And you wonder why she waited so long to come forward. Do you have even an ounce of decency?"



If you subscribe to DeltaHoosier's logic that everyone in the same political party is guilty of any belief or action committed by someone in that party, then he's the one sending the death threats.



But we aren't that stupid.


No way. The death threats are actually coming from ANTIFA members who are funded by the UN, George Soros, and Rosie O’Donnell.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-19-2018, 10:12 AM Reply   
"This isn't about women, it's about politics. Wake up!"

Of course it's about politics. How Capt Obvious can you be? You know what else is about politics? Legislation and laws, SC rulings, taxes, budget and deficit spending, healthcare, wars, and pretty much everything in the social and corp media. Just because you've been asleep doesn't mean we need you to crow the wake up alarm.

I'm not sure who Grant has been talking with to find out what a normal functioning brain does. But it's clear he still hasn't figured it out.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-19-2018, 11:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
"Since Ford has come forward, she has received death threats,
No kidding, I bet it’s some Liberal Faniattic, or Diane Feinstein (same thing)
Other people who received Death threats,
1. The zookeeper that shop Harambe the gorilla,
Point is it’s you Liberal Loons that make the death threats.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-19-2018, 11:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
So who's to say why she waited that long to mention the incident? Did you or any of the other republicans say anything when Leann Tweeden, a Sean Hannity sweetheart who gives money to republican causes (sound familiar?), waited over 10 years to mention her BS allegations against Al Franken? Oh that's right, you didn't.

Since Ford has come forward, she has received death threats, her address was posted on Twitter by white nationalists, and her family had to leave their home. And you wonder why she waited so long to come forward. Do you have even an ounce of decency?

Dr. Ford is highly regarded and recently had over 20 people from her high school spoke highly of her integrity. I guess that doesn't matter.

You hypocrisy is mind-blowing, but keep telling yourself, "at least I'm not a democrat". Whatever makes you sleep easier at night.
No I don't care about Al Franken and I don't bring in topics, I comment on them at best.

You buddy Mrs. Ford came forward in July. This is now September. Kavanaugh has plenty of people who has come forward for his character. Has already been vetted by the FBI or OPM for his position as a federal judge. Has been working as such in good standing for years. That does not seem to bother you.

I guess it also does not bother you that she can not remember the time or the place that this alleged attack occurred. Seems a little weak if I do say so myself.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-19-2018, 11:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
"Since Ford has come forward, she has received death threats, her address was posted on Twitter by white nationalists, and her family had to leave their home. And you wonder why she waited so long to come forward. Do you have even an ounce of decency?"

If you subscribe to DeltaHoosier's logic that everyone in the same political party is guilty of any belief or action committed by someone in that party, then he's the one sending the death threats.

But we aren't that stupid.
I would say you are that stupid but I digress.

I believe you democrats to be the most group think people I have ever witnessed. Not a single talking point put out by the party that you guys have supported. Besides the left is notorious for sending in threats even against there own just for the theater of it all. Happens all the time.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-19-2018, 11:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Why did the Swift-boat veterans wait for their allegations against John Kerry? Do you really want to continue down this road? It's only making you look more naive.
Politics. However there was a large group of people who categorized their beef with him being in that position. It was not a it was me and him 35 years ago when we were teens and by the way I can't remember where it was. Hold onto it for over a month when they had him in committee. This all could have been over and done in the committee but Feinstein waited to make it a national item. Then on top of that, she is even saying that it all may not be truthful.

So is it about the woman or is it about politics? If it is politics then sham on the democrats for using this lady as a pawn and destroying here life. Of course democrats will destroy innocent lives. They did that to the You Tube guy over Bengazi.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-19-2018, 11:53 AM Reply   
That’s a good point. If this Guy was guilty of what she is saying How come we are hearing about it only Just b4 they are to vote on it. Pathetic, “ when you elect clowns expect a circus”
Old     (TimesNewRoman)      Join Date: Feb 2018       09-19-2018, 12:01 PM Reply   
I still fail to understand why democrats hate trump so much. Things seem pretty good by my calculations.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-19-2018, 12:02 PM Reply   
"I believe you democrats to be the most group think people I have ever witnessed."

Not going to put in much effort trying to parse this.
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 8:59 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us