Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                09-06-2006, 5:54 PM Reply   
I keep flipping low and fast-relying just on the wake to flip me over- do you concentrate on getting straight up then when I get the air throw the flip ? I can get a nice pop on wake jumps but I think I am thinking too much about letting go and changing my ege that I am losing the big pop.
Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-09-2006, 12:26 PM Reply   
then concentrate more on the pop. Dont start your rotation until you feel it... Going off the wake you should jump like u want to go straight up.
Old     (livigno)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-10-2006, 10:56 AM Reply   
Don't think too much about changing your edge. Concentrate on 1) cutting out wide 2) building a lot of speed into the wake 3) letting go with your rear hand and squaring up at the very last moment - just before you ride up the wake 4) jumping straight up by extending your legs 5) just tilting - not throwing!! - your head backwards 6) landing it with a big grin.

!!! Your take off shold feel like someone pulling your legs away from underneath you, a strange feel of tripping. You should get awesome pop which shoots you up high in the air. The rotation should be nice and slow. Good look !!!
Old                09-12-2006, 4:39 PM Reply   
yea-im thinking too much about the edge change-I cant crash any harder at this point-I ve been hitting it low and fast on my back and head-I got the speed but I'm throwing it too soon-(one nasty thigh bruise and some neck pain) thanks