Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-30-2006, 12:10 PM Reply   
where do they sell the limited edition shanes and are there pics?
Old     (chris_c)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-30-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
i just found them and came here, what perfect timing. here's the link
http://www.the-house.com/wklfshl2zzliquidforceshaneltd.html
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-30-2006, 12:30 PM Reply   
They should be in shops in about 2 weeks, Ive been waiting for mine for a while, cant wait!
Old     (chris_c)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-30-2006, 12:33 PM Reply   
ive been thinking about picking up some new bindings this year. are the shanes worth the money?
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-30-2006, 12:39 PM Reply   
omg
those are soo sick!

-chris
i hear they are really good. with the new liner u can get in and out of them without water, soap etc. i would definately get them if i had the money, but i dont. w/e
Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-30-2006, 2:36 PM Reply   
My only question is Shanes or Watsons???
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-30-2006, 5:39 PM Reply   
exactly
i here there both great.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-30-2006, 5:53 PM Reply   
Ive tried them both on, I personaly liked the feel of the shanes. I went to the shop that day with the intensions of buying the Murrays, that was until I tried on the shanes.
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-30-2006, 5:55 PM Reply   
did u buy the shanes?
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-30-2006, 6:34 PM Reply   
I failed to mention that was also the same day I saw the Limited Editions, so know Im waiting for them to come in, should be a couple weeks.
Old    wakeboarder408            04-30-2006, 7:45 PM Reply   
I almost bought the Shanes yesterday except i didnt because i tried on 2 pairs and both pairs crushed my little toes on both feet. I also tried on the Watsons and both the Watsons and Shanes cut into the back of my calves but the Watsons felt good on my feet and toes.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-30-2006, 8:44 PM Reply   
like been said here over and over again ,bindings are definitly personal and while one pair may not be so great for one they may be the best thing since slice bread for another...

i had my doubts about the shanes and was trying to decide between the new 06 zeus which i demoed,then i tried on a pair of murrays and 3ds ,and waited too make my purchase until the shanes came in..

well they finally came in and i tried all the later three on again in the shop which included the Shanes..

I struggeld to get on the murrays and 3ds with loob and the murrays pinched my toes a lot and the 3ds felt decent but a bit heavy and stiff..

i was looking for something that would be easier to get in and out(including cold weather/water riding which i ride just as much as summer here in Texas) of and have a limited break in period.. theres no way i would be able to get in the Hypes in cold water with the heel being so hard to push past and the 3ds were so stiff i dont think i would ever break them in and be able to put them on in the water if i crashed out of them..I woiuld need lube for sure..

so it was down to zeus and Shanes..They were having a huge sale at my local shop and i save nearly 130 bucks on the Shanes and couple that with being able to shove my foot in them hands and lube free ,then walk around the shop for ten minutes with no foot fatigue ,i went for it,boughth the Shanes..

I wasnt thrilled with the look of them( big bulky,and awkard looking ,plus dont like white bindings) and being closed toe with a newly introduced product made me think a lot,maybe buyers remorse...

until i rode them today ,three hard sets ..they are just as comfortable to wear while riding as in the shop they land super soft ,dont feel bulky and not too much to really break in on them.I was locked in and my feet never slipped forward and the only pressure i felt was the back of my ankle by my achilles and they are a bit tall and rubbed my calf a bit but by the third set that all but dissapeard..the lace magnets are super cool and the laces didnt slip.

i am completey confident i will keep these as my long term binding if they hold up and stay functioning like this..

they feel like a pair of basketball shoes while riding.The look will grow on me :-).

only the future will tell if they start smellign from drying off to slow and whether they will hold up to abuse but for now im happy with the Shanes..

BTW the 9/10s fit me great as i am a 9,5/10 in regular shoes

damn this was along reply, oh well hope it helps others ..