Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old    blindsiderider            01-05-2004, 11:46 AM Reply   
just wanted to post a little video with raw footage from the ride take a look.

I just threw some video from New Years day up it was was overcast and cool but not bad water 50 air 48-50 degrees

take a look

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=9732
Old    blindsiderider            01-06-2004, 9:49 AM Reply   
Well I thought there might be a few locals in the Central Valley that would have responded about riding on Millerton over the holidays but I guess not
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-06-2004, 10:07 AM Reply   
Tony, I used to ride Millerton as a kid. From the looks of the water, not much has changed. I would have expected better water in the winter. Oh well. Nice riding!
Old    blindsiderider            01-06-2004, 10:39 AM Reply   
The water started out choppy like you see in the begining of the video but after a couple of hours it calmed down and was glass it was fun
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-06-2004, 12:15 PM Reply   
im from the valley too but not so very close to there, im from turlock, never been there before
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-06-2004, 3:03 PM Reply   
I ride millerton during the winter and the weeknights during the summer (fri-sun you cant get good water), I have been on vacation otherwise would have responded to the post and we could have hooked up and rode.

Hope you enjoyed it, it's pretty low this time of year.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-06-2004, 3:05 PM Reply   
I am sure you know this, but if you go twords the back of the lake before the no-pull zone you can get some pretty good water. THe mountains block the wind most of the time.

Your profile says you live in fresno, do you still?
Old    xxwakeskaterxx            01-06-2004, 3:18 PM Reply   
i could of rode on january 3rd it was 70 degrees here in virginia
Old    tclagggym            01-06-2004, 9:30 PM Reply   
Hey Tony, Why not ride Pine Flat? I ride it all the time in summer. I rode Mill, always rough.
Kaweah is going to hold 1/3 more water this year thanks to the new dam project. Very exciting!
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-06-2004, 9:50 PM Reply   
tim C: where is Kaweah? Let me know of any other local lakes in the area that you can find good water conditions. I live in fresno, Pine flat ias nice but a little drive, mon-thur iv always had luck with good water at millerton.
Old    tclagggym            01-06-2004, 10:14 PM Reply   
Kaweah is above Visalia,25 min from my house.
Old    blindsiderider            01-07-2004, 9:54 AM Reply   
The biggest reason we go to Millerton is because from our driveway to on the water is about 10 minutes so it is easy for us to go there. during the week and even on the weekends we can find good water. and if not we just start surfing and add to the big rollers.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-07-2004, 11:39 AM Reply   
Yeah, same here. It only takes about 12 minutes or so to get to the boat ramp, which on weeknights after work makes for alot eaiser trip to get some runs in before sunset.

Weekends are fun to spend at Pine Flat or Shaver (cold and rocky but pretty)
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-08-2004, 9:52 AM Reply   
Hey guys whenever you plan on going out again give me a call. My wife and i moved down to fresno from stockton to go to school. Anyways i'm missing the winter riding that we usually did on the delta. So if you ever have room give me a ring(559-978-5858)